<

Jose Antonio Reyes has died aged 35

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Only 35 so sad, always struck me as a quiet and kind guy.

2. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Tragic early end to one of the great underdog stories in football. When you read about his early life just incredible he could put his home team on his back, be a huge asset in that Arsenal squad & even win the title for Real Madrid.

The Zidane quote about early Reyes always stuck with me.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  3. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Puta, puta carreteras en Espana.

Bloody roads have claimed so many lives in Spain. RIP amigo, those misshapen Neville brother abortions ended your career here but never forget his sunny smiles and joy when things went well.

Happened in Lauren's backyard too.

4. dbig

dbig Well-Known Member

Thought we'd sign the next big thing.

RIP.

5. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

I remember the Neville brothers kicking the crap out of Jose because he was just too good for them.

krengon and celestis like this.
  6. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

And they got away with it the filthy pieces of horsedung. With help from the dishonest referees. But of course we have a chip on our shoulders. If I see any tribute to Pepe from that filth I am calling him out on it.

celestis likes this.
  7. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

RIP. Tragic news. I remember that Chelsea game well. Amazing player on his day.

8. Hexagon9

Hexagon9 Well-Known Member

Desperately, desperately sad. Kinda puts things into perspective.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  9. CanadianGooner1608

CanadianGooner1608 Well-Known Member

This hit me way too hard. Terrible news.
    R.I.P Reyes, my thoughts are with the family. Part of my teenager years died.

celestis likes this.
  10. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

11. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Feeling incredibly sad. Absolutely loved him. Still remember how excited I was when he signed. So many great memories, coming off the bench at Highbury to score twice in his debut against Chelsea, goal against Boro, running riot againat United in the Charity Shield and the matchwinning goal at home to Sp**s in the last season at Highbury. Seemed like such a lovely and likeable guy. Rest in peace Jose Antonio.

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

Never seen that before.

13. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

That video with his daughters got to me a bit.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  14. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

RIP Reyes. Such an exciting player and so desperately sad that his life has been cut short.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  15. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Wenger using "our" when referring to Arsenal. "Our club".

16. vjeko-3008

vjeko-3008 Member

17. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Damn, this is tragic. Was such an exciting player. He had such an unbelievable start to his Arsenal career. I was so hyped after his Chelsea performance like every other Arsenal fan, it was a shame it didn't work out in the end. Sad news for us.

United fans bring that up as if it's something to be proud about, disgusting scum. Speaks volumes of their fanbase that they celebrate that type of thuggish play, but I never expected better from them.

18. normmachine

normmachine New Member

It reminded me of the treatment Inter Milan meted out to Jimmy Johnstone in the European Cup semi final in 1974. Neville and his like were no better than Italian hatchet men. Here is another comparison : Sir Alf Ramsey referring to the 1966 Argentinians as animals (their captain Rattin especially). Yet I bet Neville and the others - and their manager - would refuse to accept the comparison. But it is true.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  19. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Horrible

So sad
    An invincible

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  20. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

Vale Jose :(