Jose Antonio Reyes has died aged 35

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I really hope his death was instant.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Can't say I feel too sorry for someone doing ridiculous speeds in a vehicle. RIP nonetheless but people need to realise these cars we drive are weapons. Far too many celebs and footballers are let off with light slaps on the wrist for similar speeding offences.. Sickening that people can do this.

pigge, Fewtch and North5 like this.
  4. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Just found out Reyes wasn’t speeding, but it was a tire puncture in normal speed that led to the crash.. Can’t believe all the media just went with that bogus story and tarnished his name like that, disgusting.. Damage is already done now.

ASIF, Ciscoo, salvat and 17 others like this.
  5. Mark Tobias

Yup, see above, I fell for it hook line and sinker.

6. krengon

I did too and honestly I felt the same as you did.. you’d think they had done proper research, but shouldn’t have expected better..

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Mark Tobias

I feel quite scummy now for feeling that way. I mean my sentiment still stand that I am against reckless speeds but still, I'm a prick:facepalm::lol:

krengon likes this.
  8. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't beat yourselves up lads, millions of people regularly get taken in for fake news churned out by media outlets on a regular basis.

They're the scum, not you.

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Unless you see something with your own eyes take it as hearsay and alleged. I never reacted cos how would you know how fast he was driving by hearsay.

10. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Just did a quick Google search and literally 99% of the media reporting it, stated he was speeding.

Disgusting, if they have any sense they come out with a formal apology.

Makingtrax and Jury like this.
  11. Jury

It's easily done. Even without bogus reports, you look at the car he was driving, the fact he was a footballer, the state of the wreckage and you'd be right to assume it most of the time. There were correct reports at the time that it was an under-inflated tyre that caused it.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  12. Jury

Santiago Canizares needs to give a big fat apology, the piece of ****.

American_Gooner likes this.
  13. Jury

Have you got a link? I can't find anything.

14. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Not even sure an apology is enough in my opinion. These types of articles should never be able to make it to print or website etc, they clearly aren't fact checked, it is just lies and hearsay, an apology won't pick up the traction or be read by everyone who has already been mislead and formed an opinion.

His reputation has already been dragged down and his family embarrassed.

Stuff like this should be punished by heavy fines, payouts and possibly the sack to prevent it from ever happening again by the same person.

No one will see the tiny apology note in the corner they publish.

Absolutely disgusting some media get away with.

15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

I was gonna say we're doing the exact same thing taking @krengon word for it. We'd need a source first.

Wonder who's more reliable 99% of the media or what Krengon heard?

krengon likes this.
  16. krengon

https://www.antena3.com/noticias/de...locidad_201907015d19c3d50cf2f9cdf438cbd1.html

https://www.elespanol.com/deportes/...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561580010

it's in spanish, so google translate..

https://cadenaser.com/emisora/2019/...112.amp.html?ssm=tw&__twitter_impression=true

Here the spanish police denies the speeding rumours..

This thread explains why the 237 km/h thing everyone was running with is complete bogus though:

Basically the 237 km/h came from an illegally obtained document from an unfinished investigation(at the time) and the spanish police had not been able to specify (and still can't) the speed at which the car was driving. The finished report from the investigation the police sent to the court did not mention any cause for the accident, not even speeding.

Tried searching for english links, but nothing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  17. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Sickening.

RIP, Jose.

18. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Like particles of plastic, fake news, the media jumping to conclusions and outright propaganda is just about everywhere now.

Think of what Wenger suffered, the rubbish that Trump tweets and the utter boll*cks that’s going on in the U.K. now about Brexit. Throw in the fact that humans are gullible by nature and love a conspiracy theory and ‘truth’, like clean water will soon be confined to history.

19. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Nice words from Reyes on Ramos. Not out in English yet so a bit sketchy.

20. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Somebody made the 237km figure up then, there's no mention of it in any report according to the police. It could well have been a rogue policeman in exchange for some backhander which would explain why the media gave it credibility.