• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Remembering Jose Reyes

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can't say I feel too sorry for someone doing ridiculous speeds in a vehicle. RIP nonetheless but people need to realise these cars we drive are weapons. Far too many celebs and footballers are let off with light slaps on the wrist for similar speeding offences.. Sickening that people can do this.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Just found out Reyes wasn’t speeding, but it was a tire puncture in normal speed that led to the crash.. Can’t believe all the media just went with that bogus story and tarnished his name like that, disgusting.. Damage is already done now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just found out Reyes wasn’t speeding, but it was a tire puncture in normal speed that led to the crash.. Can’t believe all the media just went with that bogus story and tarnished his name like that, disgusting.. Damage is already done now.
Yup, see above, I fell for it hook line and sinker.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I did too and honestly I felt the same as you did.. you’d think they had done proper research, but shouldn’t have expected better..
I feel quite scummy now for feeling that way. I mean my sentiment still stand that I am against reckless speeds but still, I'm a prick:facepalm::lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Just did a quick Google search and literally 99% of the media reporting it, stated he was speeding.

Disgusting, if they have any sense they come out with a formal apology.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I feel quite scummy now for feeling that way. I mean my sentiment still stand that I am against reckless speeds but still, I'm a prick:facepalm::lol:
It's easily done. Even without bogus reports, you look at the car he was driving, the fact he was a footballer, the state of the wreckage and you'd be right to assume it most of the time. There were correct reports at the time that it was an under-inflated tyre that caused it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Santiago Canizares needs to give a big fat apology, the piece of ****.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Have you got a link? I can't find anything.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Just did a quick Google search and literally 99% of the media reporting it, stated he was speeding.

Not even sure an apology is enough in my opinion. These types of articles should never be able to make it to print or website etc, they clearly aren't fact checked, it is just lies and hearsay, an apology won't pick up the traction or be read by everyone who has already been mislead and formed an opinion.

His reputation has already been dragged down and his family embarrassed.

Stuff like this should be punished by heavy fines, payouts and possibly the sack to prevent it from ever happening again by the same person.

No one will see the tiny apology note in the corner they publish.

Absolutely disgusting some media get away with.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I was gonna say we're doing the exact same thing taking @krengon word for it. We'd need a source first.

Wonder who's more reliable 99% of the media or what Krengon heard?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

https://www.antena3.com/noticias/de...locidad_201907015d19c3d50cf2f9cdf438cbd1.html

https://www.elespanol.com/deportes/...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561580010

it's in spanish, so google translate..

https://cadenaser.com/emisora/2019/...112.amp.html?ssm=tw&__twitter_impression=true

Here the spanish police denies the speeding rumours..

This thread explains why the 237 km/h thing everyone was running with is complete bogus though:

Basically the 237 km/h came from an illegally obtained document from an unfinished investigation(at the time) and the spanish police had not been able to specify (and still can't) the speed at which the car was driving. The finished report from the investigation the police sent to the court did not mention any cause for the accident, not even speeding.

Tried searching for english links, but nothing.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Like particles of plastic, fake news, the media jumping to conclusions and outright propaganda is just about everywhere now.

Think of what Wenger suffered, the rubbish that Trump tweets and the utter boll*cks that’s going on in the U.K. now about Brexit. Throw in the fact that humans are gullible by nature and love a conspiracy theory and ‘truth’, like clean water will soon be confined to history.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Nice words from Reyes on Ramos. Not out in English yet so a bit sketchy.

José Antonio Reyes and his words in the book of Ramos

"Sergio is the best in the world in terms of competitive nature, with which we can say that if I had had his character , in addition to my own things ... maybe, I would have been the best in the world , this seems to me something very of course, "he said in the book Reyes.

"When I arrived at Real Madrid (2006-07) and I saw him there - Sergio - I realized at the time that he had taken control of the locker room. I was not surprised, after what I had already seen him in Sevilla: but it was done with the costumes of Real Madrid, and he did that and he still does it because of his desire to win and win everything, which is what one who wants to be a leader in Real Madrid must have ".

Finally, Jose Antonio Reyes recalled his time in Spain with him: "In selecting yes we had a thousand anecdotes together to share a room and gastarle others one montonazo of jokes, like leaving them locked up or whatever. Those that has us had to put up with Iniesta , for example. Me, all I can say is that the desire to win Sergio has, the desire to win everything, absolutely everything, makes anyone a boss and a leader. and with everything he has, for me there is no doubt: Sergio Ramos could have played where he wanted to. "

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Somebody made the 237km figure up then, there's no mention of it in any report according to the police. It could well have been a rogue policeman in exchange for some backhander which would explain why the media gave it credibility.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom