• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joseph Yobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

___jeff

Everton defender Joseph Yobo says his commitment to Nigeria has wrecked his chances of joining Manchester United or Arsenal.

Everton centre-back Yobo, 24, said: "A lot of people don't understand the sacrifices we players make to play for Nigeria.

"I have lost out on big moves because I play for my country. Arsenal, United and Chelsea have come to talk to me.

"We agreed terms but then they asked me if I would consider quitting international football.

"When I said no, that was usually the end of it.

"But I will continue to play internationals as long as I can because I have to give back to my country."

Mark

Established Member
That's a shame. I'd really like to see him at the club, he is a quality player and is versatile. Something has to be done about the club v country problems.

Mark

Established Member
He can play CB, RB or as a defensive midfielder I think. Would be a very useful squad player. Especially for our defence where we lack depth.

Clarkey

This ends my surprise as to why Yobo has ended up at Everton then. No offence to Everton but Yobo should be gracing within a bigger team in the CL.

kNiteMare

tbh i thin Yobo is alrite but not really that great.

Everton is going down. They lost Rooney alrdy, and if Graversen is going end of this season and Yobo not staying, they will lose even more attracting power.

Clarkey

Yobo is more then alright, the guy is top drawer. Just as is always the case he has such a high work load at Everton his talent doesn't shine, so many times he is holding teams back by himself with Stubbs and Clarke just disappearing. Put him alongside a Campbell or a Nesta and you will see the true class of the guy. Check him out playing for Nigeria, you will be pleasantly impressed. He is better then Toure, but he is also a couple of years senior and in a couple of years if Toure keeps progressing we would not even consider Yobo.

A

Anonymous

Mark said:
That's a shame. I'd really like to see him at the club, he is a quality player and is versatile. Something has to be done about the club v country problems.

i do not understand, nearly every arsenal player plays for their country so why shoould the arsenal stop this

crap if you ask me

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think its bullsh*t.... Arsène never stops someone for playing for their country... Hello, Lauren, Kanu, Toure.... plus all the Europeans... need i say more?

and Yobo is over-rated.....if ManU or us wanted him so bad, how come he ended up at Everton? no OTHER European powerhouse wanted him either? i highly doubt there was anything more than an inquiry of his availability.....

jasonlohkh

Correct me if I'm wrong. Players outside European Union will have to be granted a work permit in order to qualify to play in PL and this permit is depends on the duration of the contract
And those players will have to play a certain amount, if not mistaken 70% of the team match over the duration of the contact in order to have the permit renewed.
Is that truth?????????

brianfrance

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i think its bullsh*t.... Arsène never stops someone for playing for their country... Hello, Lauren, Kanu, Toure.... plus all the Europeans... need i say more?

Maybe US - but the Africans players have a particularity, the African Cup....I really hate to loose players for 2 months at the half season...I think most managers too

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yobo has denied making these comments.

It was pretty obvious it was bullshit anyway - as USArsenal said - we never force players into quitting international football.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yobo's a terrific defender. He's been outstanding for Everton since he joined them. Newcastle should attempt to sign him as a replacement for Woodgate.

there is no way that players should be intimidated out of playing for their country like this. I can understand that due to all the african competitions he may be gone for a while but the class of the man deserves the chance, and by allowing him international duty toure still gets his fair share of game time in order to develop into a world class back.
Managers at times really **** me, i wish i could say that Wenger didnt support this trend, similiar to how i wish arsenal werent pushing with the rest of g-14 for compensation from World Cups, Dein should try and put an end to that rubbish

Reyes(9)

I've saw this articile...He's a very good defender ..But i'd prefer Davies,Anton Ferdinand or Lescott ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom