• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joseph Yobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I remember there was a time when I was watching a game with Everton playing someone can't remember now. I was just sitting there enjoying not really noticing anyone, then Yobo suddenly started to stand out and I kept concerntrating on him throughout the game. He really impressed me. Curtis Davies would be good to buy as well. We should by both of them. :)

dos1986

Established Member
At 3 million or so he would be a good buy he is still quite young at 25 and is one of the quckest defenders in the premiership he is quite tall and aggressive too.Id much rather have yobo than davies who looks too lightweight and was beaten in the air by cisse on saturday yobo would be a good addition to the squad.Clichy, yobo, toure and eboue would be one of the quickest backlines ever and with big phil on the bench we would have a complete defence.

Guillermo

I can't say I've seen a lot of him, so I won't make judgement.

However, a major drawback is that him and Toure would both be out during African tournaments.

Gurgen

Established Member
I believe we (and Utd) were in for him a couple of years ago, but the African Nations thing stopped us from getting him.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Good buy in my opinion. Way better than Senderos and Cygan put together. You can't get any better than 3mil

maradonad2g

I think yobo would be a good buy when he plays for everton he's had 1 or 2 errors but when he plays for niegria he's amazing I think him and toure would make a great partnership

Yesterday I was convinced he was on his way but today Yobo has spoken about the situation and said he wants to stay with us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4888710.stm

Who knows what will happen? Could be the truth or he could be saying it just be to keep the fans off his back until the end of the season. If he stays here I'll be happy and if he moves to Arsenal I think Wenger will have made a very shrewd addition to your backline.

Best of luck in the CL.

Amadeor

I think, with UEFA and Van Basten's stupid new rules coming up, we have to be careful. Yobo is not a top top class player, and I think if we sign players that are no top top class, we should try to get an English player with talent (eg Curtis Davies).

For the stars of the team, AW will always look all over Europe, but when you are looking for a stopgap, you could as well sign a promising one in England.

dida marley

discusting

i think wenger doesn't respect arsenal fans that is why we are talking about yobo know. It is better to watch other defender like king to get the to take the glory to emirates.

maradonad2g

people should start watching yobo a lil more he had a good game yesterday I think everyone is under rating him highly without seeing much of him. ive seen king make bad errors as well remember a couple times he's path has crossed paul robinson because of lack of communication.

calvinngai88

If Toure and Yobo are to form a formidable central defence partnership, then what if they 2 go out for African Nations Cup? So it will mean:

January-February period:
Subsitution-->
African defence out,
Swiss defence in (Djorou and Senderos) :lol:

blueeyes_74

What happend with
Joseph Yobo transfer rumour...... :(

Does any one heard anything,
have he sign new contract with Everton :wink:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
yobo is not a world class defender. i would prefer thuram as a backup and sign curtis davies or bonera

N!

well, just now on LMA 2006 arsenal have indeed signed Yobo... seriously... its amazing what the CPU buys...

and did that everton guy only register on here to say that? pretty sad really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom