• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joseph Yobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckenna

I reckon your probably right Paddy, agent just trying to get more money out of the club. If he signed here I think I'd ask AFC to have Wenger's head examined to make sure he was alright. The times when I have seen Yobo, he has been shocking or just downright awful. I know we want to sign a replacement for Campbell, but Yobo is not, I repeat NOT, that player.

KY

Established Member
Joseph Yobo the answer?

Recently turned down a new contract. Might be a good acquisition.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1185165/Arsenal-City-alert-Yobo-prepares-turn-Everton-contract.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tract.html</a>

Problem is, if he's not good enough to start ahead of Lescott and Jagielka, is he good enough for us? he is prone to the occasional lapses. And finally, he's Nigerian. Can we really afford to have a first choice central pairing gone for a month or so during the next ACN? Plus, He does seem a little injury proned nowadays...

Otherwise, he's pretty decent in terms of a commanding centre back. 6 ft 1 and of a good age. Played quite a few good games for everton and was part of the back line that upset Liverpool a few years back when they won 4th and final CL spot. Pity they never got further than the qualifying rounds, losing to (of all squads...) Villareal.

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: Joseph Yobo the answer?

He's a decent player, and has been kept out of the Everton team by two excellent players in front of him.

But he's not that good either. We can do much better, I'd have thought.

Jameel46

Established Member

no is the answer. lescott is a no aswell. they're in the same mould as Toure/Gallas. we need a dominating ball winning CB that will stay in defence!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Hangeland and Richards are better options if we go for any realistic Premiership signings

DaGunners

Established Member

Richards? Sorry, but he is worse than Silvestre. The guy is completely reliant on pace. He has less tactical knowledge about defending than Arshavin. He was found out as a CB and now has been moved to RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom