• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Josh Doig

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You told me you were knowledgable about football, and then you go and pull out this beauty.

This is next level stupidity. We didn't use Cedric there when KT got injured this season, we used ****ing Xhaka, so why would you expect that to happen hahaha? You know why we didn't use Cedric there? Because he wasn't comfortable there being right footed, you get to the byline and have to cut in which doesn't help.

The mind boggles.
So desperate to score points that you’re chatting complete and utter sh*te again.

Before I get into this, I’m not a football genius but do I know more than you? Probably.

We used Cedric there initially and he did okay, he made one mistake (that had nothing to do with him being right footed) and got sent to jai). You bring up getting to the byline and crossing but how many times did Xhaka do that for us as a LB?😅

In your rabid rush to try land a hit you also neglected the fact that I mentioned Saka too. If you still want an attacking threat from LB then who else to look for than the guy who broke through in that position and has played for England in that position. You can argue that he’s wasted there but he’s one of the best attacking LB’s in the league when there and we have more depth upfront than we do at LB. Saka at LB doesn’t (if at all) weaken the team.

Even Gunnerblog who is halfway up Arteta’s ass asked why we neglected Cedric and then Saka just to play Xhaka at LB.

Scottish_Gooner.

I must say as a supporter of both clubs, I find a lot of the comments on here disrespectful. Hibs aren't 'broke' or will accept peanuts for Doig. He has 4 years left on his contract. We have a new American owner who is willing to invest. Finished 3rd in the league this season, will receive 3m if the club wins the Scottish cup final on Saturday and possible guarenteed european football till christmas which will increase revenue.

I said a few days ago, he is only 18 and it is his first full season and he has done very well. But he is not ready to compete with KT for left back just yet. If Arsenal were to buy now, he would need to go out on loan for a few seasons. Massive difference playing SPFL and English Prem football.

Right now, I don't think he will want to leave in the summer, more than likely next summer. Hibs aren't in any financial rush to sell, unless a silly bid came in. I think next season 3-6m will do it. I hope when he does leave it is to Arsenal because he is going to go far.

akhil

Does he qualify as home grown in 3 years? Right now that doesn't matter, but if we want to sell in a few years, his value would be a lot higher if he qualified as homegrown.

Iceman10

Established Member
I must say as a supporter of both clubs, I find a lot of the comments on here disrespectful. Hibs aren't 'broke' or will accept peanuts for Doig. He has 4 years left on his contract. We have a new American owner who is willing to invest. Finished 3rd in the league this season, will receive 3m if the club wins the Scottish cup final on Saturday and possible guarenteed european football till christmas which will increase revenue.

I said a few days ago, he is only 18 and it is his first full season and he has done very well. But he is not ready to compete with KT for left back just yet. If Arsenal were to buy now, he would need to go out on loan for a few seasons. Massive difference playing SPFL and English Prem football.

Right now, I don't think he will want to leave in the summer, more than likely next summer. Hibs aren't in any financial rush to sell, unless a silly bid came in. I think next season 3-6m will do it. I hope when he does leave it is to Arsenal because he is going to go far.
Ok, you are the one I saw a comment a few days back saying if we bought him now he would have to be sent out on loan to help his development. @bingobob on the previous page has a different opinion. I think it comes down to your "not ready to compete with Tierney" wording and your thinking behind it. We're not initially looking for him to compete with Tierney as I see it. The question is can he come in, be an understudy while he develops, and come in also when Tierney needs a rest or is injured again, for which I think this signing could still get a considerable amount of starts in his first season as a result. The question therefore for me is whether he can come in and perform adequately as he develops further without being a liability. If this is a player like Tyrick Mitchell was at Palace at the beginning of this season it would be fine, and I don't see why he wouldn't be based on his award (recognition of performances) and Hibs doing well this season.

It is quite possible after 2-3 seasons with us he outgrows being understudy to Tierney, or who knows, maybe Tierney keeps on picking up injuries and Doig carries through ascendancy at Arsenal. Worst case is when everything goes smoothly with both players, and it isn't much of a worst case, because we can cash in.

Sorry if you feel Hibs is being disrespected, but should be said the 2m fee is what is reported by media, not Arsenal fans, and even if it is double that (4m) I don't see why that should change things for Arsenal if he is good enough. Very likely both clubs can work on something with add-ons for win-win anyway.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If you can sign this guy for less than 6-7m then just pull the trigger, loan him out for a season in the Championship then reevaluate the season after.

Bertrand will essentially be a confirmed pensioner by then anyway...

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

If you can sign this guy for less than 6-7m then just pull the trigger, loan him out for a season in the Championship then reevaluate the season after.

Bertrand will essentially be a confirmed pensioner by then anyway...
We'd probably get him for under 5m. Hibs record sale is still Scott Brown and that was about 14 years ago to Celtic for just under 6m. Outside of the Old Firm transfer fees are pretty low. It's a gamble I'd be willing to take.

Scottish_Gooner.

Ok, you are the one I saw a comment a few days back saying if we bought him now he would have to be sent out on loan to help his development. @bingobob on the previous page has a different opinion. I think it comes down to your "not ready to compete with Tierney" wording and your thinking behind it. We're not initially looking for him to compete with Tierney as I see it. The question is can he come in, be an understudy while he develops, and come in also when Tierney needs a rest or is injured again, for which I think this signing could still get a considerable amount of starts in his first season as a result. The question therefore for me is whether he can come in and perform adequately as he develops further without being a liability. If this is a player like Tyrick Mitchell was at Palace at the beginning of this season it would be fine, and I don't see why he wouldn't be based on his award (recognition of performances) and Hibs doing well this season.

It is quite possible after 2-3 seasons with us he outgrows being understudy to Tierney, or who knows, maybe Tierney keeps on picking up injuries and Doig carries through ascendancy at Arsenal. Worst case is when everything goes smoothly with both players, and it isn't much of a worst case, because we can cash in.

Sorry if you feel Hibs is being disrespected, but should be said the 2m fee is what is reported by media, not Arsenal fans, and even if it is double that (4m) I don't see why that should change things for Arsenal if he is good enough. Very likely both clubs can work on something with add-ons for win-win anyway.
Yeah he would need to be a future left back. I get your point about he could come in for a few games if KT is injured, which is really likely. Big ask for Josh to come in and start though, he is still very young, raw and inexperienced. That's not to say because he is young he isn't good enough. Big jump up playing in Scotland to the Premier League though. I have no doubt he will go on to great things and defo be a future LB at the club. I would love to see him do that.

The safe option would to be go for Bertrand and if Arsenal decide to go for Josh aswell, to send him out on loan to the championship. But I can't see him moving this summer, like I said in the previous post. Never know though, when Arsenal come calling, you can't turn it down!

Iceman10

Established Member
I'd rather sign this guy now than get Bertrand to be honest.

If I was looking for a back-up LB that isn't an 18 year old upstart, I'd just go Championship. Can get a Rico Henry or a Jay DaSilva.

Bertrand is the literal last resort option IMO.
The only reason to go Bertrand is if the club thinks there is a good chance Tierney will continue to be out 30-40% of matches, which would be concerning in of itself. I've always felt Tierney was way overplayed by Celtic at a young age and it has cost him since.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The only reason to go Bertrand is if the club thinks there is a good chance Tierney will continue to be out 30-40% of matches, which would be concerning in of itself. I've always felt Tierney was way overplayed by Celtic at a young age and it has cost him since.
That's more reason not to go for Bertrand to be honest! I wouldn't want to rely on him for 40% of the games. I want someone who is at least not dissimilar to Tierney in terms of profile. I think Doig makes sense - season of Scottish football, good profile, young. But if @Scottish_Gooner. is right that he's not quite ready for that, then I say we pass and get a Championship LB.

Rico Henry
Lee Buchanan
Jay Dasilva
That one Fulham LB, can't remember his name but he'll be in the Championship next season.

That's the kind of profile we should be looking at IMO if we don't get Doig.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah he would need to be a future left back. I get your point about he could come in for a few games if KT is injured, which is really likely. Big ask for Josh to come in and start though, he is still very young, raw and inexperienced. That's not to say because he is young he isn't good enough. Big jump up playing in Scotland to the Premier League though. I have no doubt he will go on to great things and defo be a future LB at the club. I would love to see him do that.

The safe option would to be go for Bertrand and if Arsenal decide to go for Josh aswell, to send him out on loan to the championship. But I can't see him moving this summer, like I said in the previous post. Never know though, when Arsenal come calling, you can't turn it down!
Perfect thing would be signing him and like Saliba give him a year more at Hibs. Get the business done now before he has another decent season and Celtic or Rangers come in for him and then when we want him in a few years have to pay triple the amount.

What would he cost. 4-5m and letting him stay on loan for a year?

There's literally 0 risk in my opinion. If things don't work out you get a couple of million for him and move on.

Bertrand could be signed on a 2 year deal while he is developing.

Iceman10

Established Member
That's more reason not to go for Bertrand to be honest! I wouldn't want to rely on him for 40% of the games. I want someone who is at least not dissimilar to Tierney in terms of profile. I think Doig makes sense - season of Scottish football, good profile, young. But if @Scottish_Gooner. is right that he's not quite ready for that, then I say we pass and get a Championship LB.

Rico Henry
Lee Buchanan
Jay Dasilva
That one Fulham LB, can't remember his name but he'll be in the Championship next season.

That's the kind of profile we should be looking at IMO if we don't get Doig.
This is going to end up where we realise this is all really about Mikel and his patience/tolerance for young developing players. grr....

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So desperate to score points that you’re chatting complete and utter sh*te again.

Before I get into this, I’m not a football genius but do I know more than you? Probably.

We used Cedric there initially and he did okay, he made one mistake (that had nothing to do with him being right footed) and got sent to jai). You bring up getting to the byline and crossing but how many times did Xhaka do that for us as a LB?😅

In your rabid rush to try land a hit you also neglected the fact that I mentioned Saka too. If you still want an attacking threat from LB then who else to look for than the guy who broke through in that position and has played for England in that position. You can argue that he’s wasted there but he’s one of the best attacking LB’s in the league when there and we have more depth upfront than we do at LB. Saka at LB doesn’t (if at all) weaken the team.

Even Gunnerblog who is halfway up Arteta’s ass asked why we neglected Cedric and then Saka just to play Xhaka at LB.

So your suggestion is to play our best attacking player at left back? Brilliant. Pure trash posting man seriously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom