• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Josh Doig

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on him. I'd say 3m + loan back (or to a championship team) would be a wise long-term investment. Could do a similar thing with Small. Either would be welcome.

Can use it to emulate Chelsea/City, but we shouldn't spend 5m or more on those type of players, because that is ultimately a big risk (given the laughable fees we get for our players, see Mavropanos).
5m is nothing. Over a 5 year contract that's 1m a season, less than 20k per week. His contact would be less than that again. It's a low risk high reward strategy. We should be snapping up these talents across the UK and loaning them out to increase their value.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
5m is nothing. Over a 5 year contract that's 1m a season, less than 20k per week. His contact would be less than that again. It's a low risk high reward strategy. We should be snapping up these talents across the UK and loaning them out to increase their value.
I agree with the strategy, I just reckon that we can't shell out 5m too often, so I'd rather get more highly rated prospects for less money and loan them out than spend 5m, which is still a chunk of cash, and take that extra risk. I think we're in too bad of a state to have significant outlay on those prospects at the moment. 1-3m seems more reasonable generally, but the occasional 5m should be doable. Think we can do more of those deals once we're in better shape (i.e. back in Europe/top 6).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom