• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joshua Kimmich

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Seriously some people here knows nothing about football. Kimmich/Jorginho as options to play next to Rice is UCL level. Kimmich is one of those few midfielders that can complement Rice. Think about Rice like he were a horse with visors, he needs a rider to tell him where to run. Bruno was a good complement because he is stronger than kimmich and better defensively but kimmich can distribute much better. And stop that shiiiite about age. 28-29 is peak age for midfielders.

Royal Ascot Whr GIF by World Horse Racing
Its not his age but the slow but steady decline in consistent performance over the last 3 years. For a generous buying fee, it would be a good option on a 2-3 year contract, but I'm not investing in him as a primary midfield signing.

El Realista

Its not his age but the slow but steady decline in consistent performance over the last 3 years. For a generous buying fee, it would be a good option on a 2-3 year contract, but I'm not investing in him as a primary midfield signing.
Jorginho was in a worse state in Chelsea and look how good he has been for us. Even I didn't want him here. Best players in that position are experienced players that learned not to run like ogres around midfield and just distribute, command and joint defense with attack. If the muscle is going to be Rice and the creativity in attack is Odegards job then we need someone to connect from deeper positions. Onana can't do that and I doubt he will do that in his life. Tell me someone else can do that at that level. Camavinga maybe in some one or two seasons playing constantly and he won't leave RM.

Who else? Bunch of kids can't take that role yet. Just look to Enzo, to young for the role. Just a inexperienced manager would choose an inexperienced player for one of the most important roles in football.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Jorginho was in a worse state in Chelsea and look how good he has been for us. Even I didn't want him here. Best players in that position are experienced players that learned not to run like ogres around midfield and just distribute, command and joint defense with attack. If the muscle is going to be Rice and the creativity in attack is Odegards job then we need someone to connect from deeper positions. Onana can't do that and I doubt he will do that in his life. Tell me someone else can do that at that level. Camavinga maybe in some one or two seasons playing constantly and he won't leave RM.

Who else? Bunch of kids can't take that role yet. Just look to Enzo, too young for the role. Just a inexperienced manager would choose an inexperienced player for one of the most important roles in football.
💯

I’d say Frenkie de Jong and Vitinha can both do it. Maybe at a push Joao Neves, I haven’t seen enough of him to say. But agree 100 that this role requires both intelligence and more than anything experience, so the chances he’d be able to do it at a high enough level are slim.

El Realista

💯

I’d say Frenkie de Jong and Vitinha can both do it. Maybe at a push Joao Neves, I haven’t seen enough of him to say. But agree 100 that this role requires both intelligence and more than anything experience, so the chances he’d be able to do it at a high enough level are slim.
I don't trust in FdJ...So Injury prone. Vitinha is talented I agree, he was the real talent since the beginning between him and Fabio, but again he won't leave PSG. João Neves is our of discussion for me, another Enzo, too young, so expensive and not ready to make an impact in short term. So much pressure for a kid. Again, I want an experienced player in that role and I am tired of this AM fetiche about sub 22 players.

El Realista

Watching Italy Vs Croatia. Brozovic and Rice are two very similar players. Both runs like demons, recover balls for fun but very limited with the ball. What helps Brozovic is having Modric next to him, or used to help him because Modric at 38 is not the same. But my point is we need a player that good in the ball technically, with vision and passing so Rice can be free to do his thing, which is not being a DPL.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Watching Italy Vs Croatia. Brozovic and Rice are two very similar players. Both runs like demons, recover balls for fun but very limited with the ball. What helps Brozovic is having Modric next to him, or used to help him because Modric at 38 is not the same. But my point is we need a player that good in the ball technically, with vision and passing so Rice can be free to do his thing, which is not being a DPL.

Rice really should just be our box to box 8. Driving runs, shooting , pressing high, winning duels and recovering. Get a jorgi/ Partey regen next next to him. Saliba and gab are elite enough to not an anchor infront of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom