• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Julien Faubert

Captain

Established Member
josh gunner said:
more than a decent crosser probaly the best crosser ive seen in years

i don't know much about him but i don't think mf are our priority at the moment

So you don't know much about him but he is the best crosser you have seen in years?

Kenyonhater

From that video he looks a good passer/crosser, two-footed, direct, pacy and powerful (thighs like R.Carlos). We could do with that type of player to balance out the Hlebs and Rosickys. Sounds like he's making real strides at the moment, too.

ali1

He looks good but many players do in the french league.

Mavuba is a good player but i cant see AW moving for him as we have a young player called MUAMBA(on loan to Brummies) and he is 18, 6'3 and will be a monster in the middle of the park.

id never really heard of this bloke before at all, is he just about to burst on to the scene?? if so we should snap him up before he gets more well known and/or to big for his boots and wants loads of money

ramon12

Faubert is one of Frances biggest assets because I have a French friend who supports Bordeaux and he said Faubert is the best player in the team!

Arsenal_FAN1983

I think we should see how he performs in the CL and then buy him maybe in Janurary or next summer. We know he is good domestically, but he needs to prove himself against the best sides and the CL will enable him to do that.

This guys got pace in abundence , he's direct and puts a quallity cross in. got 2 goals in 4 this season and i would love him here.

Courier

Theres a clue in this. Our squad is VERY imbalanced to many similar types.Name one player who is capable of doing what you see this guy doing?

I know the obvious is L/B, C/B but to really challege for PL and CL we need more balance.We lack absolutely fast direct players who shoot, cross and power into the box.

On another note I heard Gab Marcotti on talks*te say that Cichinio was available at 6 million.IMO he could do a very good job attacking right mid like this Faubert guy.

I honestly believe there are options on Reyes. Malbranque at 2 million! if we only got 8-9 million for Reyes this guy will do everything Reyes will and more for a quarter of his price.Not a worldbeater but shoots, crosses and scores goals.Get Boa Morte with him for around 8 million in total and suddenly we will have a fast, strong direct (though sometimes eratic) winger who works his socks of and would walk on glass to play for us again!

jackycreegs

Courier said:
Theres a clue in this. Our squad is VERY imbalanced to many similar types.Name one player who is capable of doing what you see this guy doing?

I know the obvious is L/B, C/B but to really challege for PL and CL we need more balance.We lack absolutely fast direct players who shoot, cross and power into the box.

On another note I heard Gab Marcotti on talks*te say that Cichinio was available at 6 million.IMO he could do a very good job attacking right mid like this Faubert guy.

I honestly believe there are options on Reyes. Malbranque at 2 million! if we only got 8-9 million for Reyes this guy will do everything Reyes will and more for a quarter of his price.Not a worldbeater but shoots, crosses and scores goals.Get Boa Morte with him for around 8 million in total and suddenly we will have a fast, strong direct (though sometimes eratic) winger who works his socks of and would walk on glass to play for us again!

boa morte wasn't quite good enough before, and he's not quite good enough now. wenger will not be buying him back.

malbranque is a classy player but, like rosicky and hleb, he's not one of these "fast direct players who shoot, cross and power into the box" that you speak of, he's a playmaker; so i don't see how that would solve the perceived problem.

it looks like ljungberg and walcott are gonna have to be the ones to provide our directness down the wings. and maybe a reyes replacement?

Courier

Jacky appreciate your comments. However while I agree Malbranque is a playmaker he certainly has a good turn of pace and direct as well. Look he scores goals like Freddie (used too!) intelligent runs into the box.However he takes long shots and certainly can deliver a fine cross.For £2million is that really a risk? we paid the same for Song! Boamorte may not have been good enough as a youngster, but has developed into a hard working, agressive and direct winger very capable of giving defenders a hard time (more so than Reyes).

Again I dont say these are worldbeaters (but Wenger and our board have shown to date they are incapable of getting these players) and first choice but I bet they certainly would improve our squad and goals without splashing a fortune instead of adding nothing.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom