• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Juninho Pernambucano

sray2

<a class="postlink" href="http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/index/0,1451,1547961,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmi ... 61,00.html</a>

Great player, but can't see Wenger really going for him. Best free-kick taker in the world, would easily get 10 goals a season just from that.

sray2

Could make a good option behind Cesc to give him a break and bring Cesc along...I wouldn't mind him as a back up b/c he guarantees goals with his free-kicks, but I have no idea how much he would go for though

IBL

Established Member
Been really impressed with him also but if he is 30 years old then its not really worth getting him unless its a really good deal which I doubt. Superb technique when taking free kicks!

TRUE GUNNER

hes a fantastic player and would be great for us, he can play left, right or in his main position in the centre of midfield. these are the types of players we should be looking at. Age shouldnt come into it at 30 years old hes still got 5 good years left.

A very good signing IMOA

Legend#1

Established Member
He's brilliant.. he's old now but he's still quality and can give us 2-3 years still.. he also gives us CL experience and can play anywhere in the midfield.. his set pieces are also PHENOMENAL.. probably 1 of the best free-kicks in the world.

Mark

Established Member
Doubt we'll go for him. If we can't even offer Pires for than a year on his contract, then we wont be signing anyone like this anytime soon.

I'd welcome it though, the guy is class and would provide goals from midfield. He has a cracking shot on him and would be a very useful freekick taker.

Ratinho

Established Member
I'd probably cum if we bought Juninho. Seriously. :)

Would be a great addition for a couple of seasons, but unless the fee is around £4m~, I can't see the logic.

Nice rumour for once though. I doubt there'll be much friction in this thread.

:D

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Lazyboy said:
OneProudGooner said:
Yea but it won't happen.

Yeh true, no point in getting our hopes up. especially by what's happened this summer....

:lol: No kidding what a depressing summer.
So much promise could come to nothing but there's still a few weeks left until the window closes..

sray2

We could REALLY use him right now, especially as our squad getting thinner with Bentley leaving...tons of champs league experience, technical ability, and versatility. Disregarding his age, he's a very Wengeresque player. And isn't Wenger looking for a world class goalscoring CM? This could be it although I wouldn't quite call Juninho world class, but Wenger thought Hleb was world class, so he could feel the same about Juninho

Army of Me

Established Member
Lazyboy said:
we could use a little age in the midfield imo, and experience! I'm all for this one!

it's not a bad idea, unfortunately, unless some magical gypsy-woman grants us a special wish, it ain't gonna happen :(

sray2

Originally posted by Lazyboy:
Originally posted by OneProudGooner:
Yea but it won't happen.

Yeh true, no point in getting our hopes up. especially by what's happened this summer....

No kidding what a depressing summer.
So much promise could come to nothing but there's still a few weeks left until the window closes..

Yeah, I don't know what's more depressing, not going after players like last summer, or getting so close to buying players and then the deal collapsing like this summer

Gurgen

Established Member
Re: Lyon's Juninho

sray2 said:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/index/0,1451,1547961,00.html

Great player, but can't see Wenger really going for him. Best free-kick taker in the world, would easily get 10 goals a season just from that.

The best free-kick taker in the world is still Sinisa Mikhailovich.

Army of Me

Established Member
Re: Lyon's Juninho

Gurgen said:
sray2 said:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/index/0,1451,1547961,00.html

The best free-kick taker in the world is still Sinisa Mikhailovich.

great, let's buy him! :D

Ricky_AFC

No doubt this hasn't been the best of summers. There has been some positives though; We've bought Hleb and got Song, and Reyes, Fabregas, and Clichy have all signed long extensions.

Top Bottom