• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,080
  • Views 804,516

thedon5

One thing they are is a complete side, they aren't like Man Utd missing players in certain positions like midfield and wings, or missing creativity like Spuds and Man Utd.

However, none of their players other than their front two are particularly good, that's their big problem IMO and tactically Brendan is getting it wrong with his bogus 3-5-2 that won't last a season.

They can definitely secure top four over Man Utd and Spuds, not due to their overall quality though, but due to how poor Spuds and Utd are and their front two alone. They also don't have to worry about Europe like the other two.

I see no reason not to laugh at them and their deluded fans though.

Mastadon

Established Member
I would be amazed if Pool finish above Utd. Moyes finished above them with Everton and he will do it with Utd. Utd can attract top players and spend 100 mil in the Jan window to solve their problems, something Pool cannot do.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Liverpool finishing ahead of United or finishing in the Top 4 are both :lol:-worthy comments tbf.

Not a hope of either happening. Actually, I can see United making a push for the league in the second half of the season but they won't win it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I quite fancy Liverpool to get more points than Man Utd. Where that puts them, I don't know. But I've seen enough of them to suggest they'll carry on picking up points at a fair rate. I see Man Utd having at least as many slip-ups.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Mastadon said:
I would be amazed if Pool finish above Utd. Moyes finished above them with Everton and he will do it with Utd. Utd can attract top players and spend 100 mil in the Jan window to solve their problems, something Pool cannot do.

They're above them now with a win over them and may well be 6 points ahead of them after this weekend. Despite a tougher start United will have to play much better to finish ahead of Liverpool right now. Their midfield and defence has been shocking.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lots of arrogance and dismissing of Liverpool here.

Reality check folks, the table does not lie. Liverpool are currently third in the table and if we dont pick up points at OT will trail us by 2 points. How can we based on this evidence and the fact that they have the league's best strike partnership be confident they wont make top four?

In a matter of 2 weeks we could trail them so yes they are rivals and yes they are very improved

Bigbludfire

Established Member
ppreflex.gif

fabo

6.51 / 10
They are not getting Top 4, regardless of what happens at Old Trafford tomorrow. It's just not believable.

silent_shadow

Established Member
They've been looking good tbh... Best I've seen them for years. I can certainly see the challenging for top 4. Obviously reliant on their strikers.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I need to see them beat some more half decent sides.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 4-1 West Brom
Newcastle 2-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-1 Crystal Palace
Sunderland 1-3 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-1 Southampton
Swansea 2-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd
Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 Stoke

Bit early imo to tip them for top 4, they've only beaten two decent sides in United and West Brom, they've bottled it against Swansea, Southampton, Newcastle and us and everything else has been against bottom half sides.

I can see them losing points against Everton, Chelsea, Sp**s and City in both the home and away fixture and maybe again in the opposite fixtures for United, Southampton and maybe Swansea. Away at West Brom will be no walk in the park either.

Course we've not had much better to beat in the league till tomorrow.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It'll be a good season for Liverpool if they get 5th. Let's not forget they've finished below Everton for the last two seasons, they need to try and conquer Liverpool first before cracking the top 4.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
silent_shadow said:
They've been looking good tbh... Best I've seen them for years. I can certainly see the challenging for top 4. Obviously reliant on their strikers.

As soon as Suarez suffers bad form they'll drop off significantly.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
silent_shadow said:

The best Liverpool team I've ever saw in my life over the course of a season was in 2008-09.

Finished 2nd and only lost 2 games. Torres was phenomenal and f*cking Kuyt bloomed into their own version of Cazorla :lol:

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
A great season for them but a 49.8m loss and 90m loss over the last 22months. Do they need to sell now or is their debt sustainable especially with the likely CL money?

Swiss Ramble @SwissRamble
Follow
#LFC 2013 loss before tax £49.8m, similar to 2012 loss of £40.5m (which covered only 10 months).

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
CL money and the possible sale of Suarez from whom they can easily get £60 million will put them their books in the black again.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It won't, if they sell Suárez (and that's if, can't see too many clubs paying north of 60m) they will spend a big chunk of that on replacements, they will have to what with their paper-thin squad. They will remain in the red for a long time, not that it matters to anyone but their accountants because FFP will do **** all.

k24bfan

John Henry I bet isn't concerned about FFP and he has been known as an owner who invests but also has a soft spot for statistical analysis. Like I said with our own American owner look at how they treat their other teams. The Red Sox are one of the top teams in payroll in baseball. Kroenke's teams never near as high in the NFL, NBA, etc. Stan seems to let the board, and manager do the work. Also Arsenal is a massive club with different aspirations than his other teams. While Henry has a demanding fan base in Boston so he knows how to keep the 'fans' happy in a sense.

Top Bottom