• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,199
  • Views 817,582

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Where do people stand in the 'get behind english clubs' vs 'if my team isn't winning it then nobody else can' debate?
My bro is a Pool fan and I have watched him go through the ups and downs of being a pool fan. I want them to win it. Being a foreign fan can be a hugely unrewarding thing at times because obviously we can't go to live games and watching seasons crumble apart on the TV Box thing is just not as fun.
So as one disheartened fan to another, I lend my support.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

My bro is a Pool fan and I have watched him go through the ups and downs of being a pool fan. I want them to win it. Being a foreign fan can be a hugely unrewarding thing at times because obviously we can't go to live games and watching seasons crumble apart on the TV Box thing is just not as fun.
So as one disheartened fan to another, I lend my support.
Now I think about it that might be the reason why I have a soft spot for them. One of my closest friends is a pool fan and he’s not that unbearable kind that most of them apparently are. Guy genuinely knows his football and is as humble as they come, I remember him crying at the end of that 13-14 season, that was painful.

Now I think about it they’re the only English club I would support besides us. Feel nothing towards City and would hate for us another English club to win the CL before us. The others require no explanation.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I can't support Liverpool, especially in Europe. I can't even stand them. I dislike Man. United, Man. City and even Chelsea less than them. Sp**s is debatable. So I basically like seeing them lose all the time.

By the way, when Klopp became available, I thought Wenger would have the sense to step down and make sure he got replaced by him, the only manager that was worth it. These depressing days are proof that he should have. This would show true love for the club. Instead, Wenger loves the club like an overly attached lover, he wouldn't let go even when everything was over. And now, leaving us a few seasons too late, there are almost no suitable managers available. Why didn't the board sack him to get Klopp? Nobody knows. But it was too obvious a choice for the Arsenal way. No chance whatsoever Klopp would've preferred Liverpool over us at the time, but we just let Liverpool have him and we got stuck in an environment with very little availability of managers. Always the hard way.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I can't support Liverpool, especially in Europe. I can't even stand them. I dislike Man. United, Man. City and even Chelsea less than them. Sp**s is debatable. So I basically like seeing them lose all the time.

By the way, when Klopp became available, I thought Wenger would have the sense to step down and make sure he got replaced by him, the only manager that was worth it. These depressing days are proof that he should have. This would show true love for the club. Instead, Wenger loves the club like an overly attached lover, he wouldn't let go even when everything was over. And now, leaving us a few seasons too late, there are almost no suitable managers available. Why didn't the board sack him to get Klopp? Nobody knows. But it was too obvious a choice for the Arsenal way. No chance whatsoever Klopp would've preferred Liverpool over us at the time, but we just let Liverpool have him and we got stuck in an environment with very little availability of managers. Always the hard way.

i always thought when Kloppo left Dortmund that Arsenal or Liverpool where the only 2 clubs he'd want to go to in England. It was known he wanted to go to the premier league, cos he always said he had to coach where he could speak the language, and he really liked the premier league anyway.

He'd never have gone to clubs like City or Chelsea if they had ever approached. He turned down Man Utd when Ferugson left cos he didn't like the 'Disneyland' spiel they gave him.

He is a football romantic, and clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool are what he was after. The timing worked for Liverpool.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I can't bring myself to support Liverpool in the CL, I just can't stand their fans but damn Klopp has done something special there. Not afraid to say I'm utterly jealous. Really hope we have something that exciting in the coming years.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I can't bring myself to support Liverpool in the CL, I just can't stand their fans but damn Klopp has done something special there. Not afraid to say I'm utterly jealous. Really hope we have something that exciting in the coming years.
Same man. A lot of hope there right now.

But still nothing to show for it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
i always thought when Kloppo left Dortmund that Arsenal or Liverpool where the only 2 clubs he'd want to go to in England. It was known he wanted to go to the premier league, cos he always said he had to coach where he could speak the language, and he really liked the premier league anyway.

He'd never have gone to clubs like City or Chelsea if they had ever approached. He turned down Man Utd when Ferugson left cos he didn't like the 'Disneyland' spiel they gave him.

He is a football romantic, and clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool are what he was after. The timing worked for Liverpool.
From watching him a bit at Dortmund, he always seemed like the type of guy who prefers to be the underdog going up against the likes of Bayern/City/United rather than joining them.

Borussin

From watching him a bit at Dortmund, he always seemed like the type of guy who prefers to be the underdog going up against the likes of Bayern/City/United rather than joining them.

yes for sure, but i could actually have seen him go to Bayern if the timing was right - he did interview for the vacant coaches job there in 2008 too.

It's more with him that he tends to want to get very into the clubs he's at from a personal level as much as a footballing one. He keeps saying he won't, cos it makes the goodbyes harder, but he always ends up getting very emotionally invested. It's important to how he works, he needs that energy from the fan base and stuff like that. I don't think he'd ever get that at some clubs and the ones like City and Chelsea who basically won the lottery, would never have worked for him.

It's something you notice when he leaves a club for sure, that unity between fans and players and the hierarchy, doesn't take a lot for that to be eroded. Even in the few tough times he had at Dortmund, he kept people together long enough to get through them and get back on track.

Dammit

With Keita coming to Liverpool next season that's Ox done there as a CM imo. Also it looked like an ACL injury on firt sight to me. Hope it't not that bad, would be a shame really. Hope he recovers and will be fully fit for next season.

Borussin

that's a bad news about Oxlade, I have enjoyed watching him play for Liverpool recently. And a big pity for him to miss out on the world cup too.

I could actually seem and Keita being a really good pair, so I don't think it spells the end of that role for him. They should be quite complimentary with their styles to work well together. But now he is out for maybe a long time, that is a shame.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Are all these injuries to the same knee? Must be the 3rd or 4th now.

Wonder if Liverpool old boy Jonjo has any chance of the England squad now. Never sure if I rate him or not but brings something different to the squad.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Are all these injuries to the same knee? Must be the 3rd or 4th now.

Wonder if Liverpool old boy Jonjo has any chance of the England squad now. Never sure if I rate him or not but brings something different to the squad.
Wonder if this brings Ross Barkley back into the fold. Similar player to Ox even though Southgate seemed to rule him out of the squad due to a lack of game time previously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom