• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,206
  • Views 818,954

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

In fairness it is pretty tight and Leicester aren't going away, Sp**s got a big win today, Everton are still hanging around. Liverpool haven't scored in 3 games, of course he should be concerned about more than just retaining the title. FWIW I think they'll end up 2nd behind City, I thought they'd end up winning it but they just don't look the same as last season and their problems are deeper than Van Dijk's injury now but they should have enough to finish 2nd.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No idea of refusing to sign cb also having 3 CB's for 4 competitions is just not good enough for club like Liverpool. Liverpool will finish top 4 easily they got too much quality and thier front 3 having off weeks but they'll back

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Thiago is a show pony who is also a master of he tactical foul. Klopp’s Liverpool are all about a hard working midfield and getting the ball up to the front 3 quickly.

City will easy away to the title I think

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

End of Dortmund vibes, it'd be best for both parties if they mutually agreed to have Klopp step down at the end of the season because it'll turn embarrassing next season, they're at the end of the road. Klopp isn't a Fergie or a Wenger. He cannot rebuild sides, and his sides have a lifespan of 4/5 years max before falling off.

I wonder if Klopp realises this and will step down or if he'll kid himself into thinking he can get them going again next season. You'd have thought he might have learned from that last season at Dortmund. He'll not be short of job offers in any case.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He cannot rebuild sides, and his sides have a lifespan of 4/5 years max before falling off.

He's been really good at replacing individual pieces at times (Lewa -> Auba; Gotze -> Mkhi) and I wouldn't say he's unable to really rebuild sides, it's more about needing perfect fits for his style and imo it's rather him not being able to really adapt/change up his style. Seemed like Thiago was a try to get better on the ball, but the overall form has dropped off a cliff. Think if he can manage to get in some good fits and new blood he'll be able to "turn it around", but that hinges on recruitment, too. Towards the end of his Dortmund tenure they brought in washed up ex players like Sahin and Kagawa, Immobile completely flopped, Ginter flopped, no wingers were brought in and his style took its toll on them. But looking at Dortmund's recruitment in a big picture - apart from obvious hits like Dembele, Sancho and Haaland - they brought in some absolute dross or player who went downhill fast: Burki, Weigl, Januzaj, Rode, Schurrle, Gotze mk2, Emre Mor, Toljan, Dahoud, Yarmolenko, philipp, Toprak, Delaney, Witsel, Wolf, Schulz, Brandt, Hazard....it's actually a massive, massive list of duds and flops and they're super lucky they hit massive jackpots with a few young stars they could sell for big money like pulisic, Dembele, etc. Imo Zorc is definitely declining, too.

So I guess a lot of it will depend on Liverpool's recruitment, too. Not just Klopp. He does have his problems, defo, but let's see if Edwards does a better job with/for him than Zorc.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Klopp unlucky losing VVD, he was a game changer for him. A bit like Arsène losing Cazorla in 2015/16, the title is a lost cause. These things happen in football only fools blame the manager.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Something I find hilarious is that when Liverpool finally get to have a trophy parade with all their fans to celebrate their first title in 30 years it's likely that they won't be champions any more, some of the players who won the title will no longer be at the club, who knows maybe even the manager won't be at the club. It's gonna be such a weird atmosphere.

I mean if I was a Liverpool fan i'd find that incredibly depressing, but for me it's hilarious.

Jae

Something I find hilarious is that when Liverpool finally get to have a trophy parade with all their fans to celebrate their first title in 30 years it's likely that they won't be champions any more, some of the players who won the title will no longer be at the club, who knows maybe even the manager won't be at the club. It's gonna be such a weird atmosphere.

I mean if I was a Liverpool fan i'd find that incredibly depressing, but for me it's hilarious.

There's no plans for them to have a parade currently, hasn't even been mentioned. Don't think it's very likely but you never know, the general consensus here is the moment has passed. They caused chaos on the streets for 2 or 3 nights after they won it anyway.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There's no plans for them to have a parade currently, hasn't even been mentioned. Don't think it's very likely but you never know, the general consensus here is the moment has passed. They caused chaos on the streets for 2 or 3 nights after they won it anyway.

Yeah I imagine they just won't have one, it would be too weird.

Reactions: Jae

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Give them some time but eventually they'll really appreciate the 3 year period of sheer excellence they had. I mean Liverpool are not an oil club, nor are they a commercial juggernaut like Utd, they're basically us but smarter, much much smarter. But even being smart I doubt you can outperform money consistently. To have 3 years of being one of the best teams in the world is pretty amazing.

Now they slump a bit, if they stay in the CL while rebuilding a new team then their fans should be very pleased. A lot of them thought they'd have a decade of dominance, but that was just never realistic.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
On the other hand the gap between their points tally at this stage last year compared to this year is so far the worst in PL history. So this is so far the worst ever PL title defence. So yeah, f*ck 'em.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
nah this is just not on, there's being a sore loser and then there's Klopp, he's proper nasty after a loss

Latest posts

Top Bottom