• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,281
  • Views 824,122

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Klopp the giant loser speaking about referees when they're called LiVARpool for a reason. Then speaking about injured players when Mane was allowed to 2 foot anyone he pleased with impunity in every match he played against us. He's losing it because he can feel the spiral like his last couple of years at Dortmund coming on. Bellingham isn't signing with a 10th place team with cheap owners either.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

IMG-20221009-WA0022-1.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Starting to feel bad for TAA he getting the Maguire treatment but honestly he out of his depth defensively need back basics and re coaching

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Starting to feel bad for TAA he getting the Maguire treatment but honestly he out of his depth defensively need back basics and re coaching

That goal wasn't on him, no matter what he does Ode has plenty of space to put a good ball

The second is where he did the same silly move he does of being completely out of tune with whoever is defending next to him, but that was after he got kicked and apparently got a bad injury out of it

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Hes an attacking full back in a back 5. Not in a back 4. Everyone has found that out and exploiting it. He just isn't good enough 1 v 1.

It's not his fault. It's Klopp for continuing to expose him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hes an attacking full back in a back 5. Not in a back 4. Everyone has found that out and exploiting it. He just isn't good enough 1 v 1.
Yes i feel that long time ago positioning always poor 1v1 like you said just not good. But he vital for liverpool they won't sell him or upgrade so the best they need to do is improving him defensively

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yes i feel that long time ago positioning always poor 1v1 like you said just not good. But he vital for liverpool they won't sell him or upgrade so the best they need to do is improving him defensively
He can't improve defensively while he is programmed to attack and attack. He's not good enough to do both nor is this Liverpool team good enough this year to compensate and dominate like before. It's one or the other and until Klopp chances to a back 3 or Klopp changes to attack without TAA.

Batman

It's not his fault. It's Klopp for continuing to expose him.
He can play in a 4 but only if the team is elite at pressing which Liverpool no longer are. When they could suffocate and counter teams for 90 minutes, they minimized the number of times he'd get caught 1v1 and even those moments were outweighed by what he contributed going forward. Liverpool's big problem is that they now only press half heartedly which is **** with players like Trent on the field. You either have to commit and press effectively or sit deep and compact and they do neither which now increases the frequency of him being isolated. He should really be deployed in midfield as a solution to their problems there where his total lack of defensive awareness can be masked better. Klopp is either unwilling or unable to adapt and Trent is just the most high profile casualty though Van Dijk is being exposed to an extent as well.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He can play in a 4 but only if the team is elite at pressing which Liverpool no longer are. When they could suffocate and counter teams for 90 minutes, they minimized the number of times he'd get caught 1v1 and even those moments were outweighed by what he contributed going forward. Liverpool's big problem is that they now only press half heartedly which is **** with players like Trent on the field. You either have to commit and press effectively or sit deep and compact and they do neither which now increases the frequency of him being isolated. He should really be deployed in midfield as a solution to their problems there where his total lack of defensive awareness can be masked better. Klopp is either unwilling or unable to adapt and Trent is just the most high profile casualty though Van Dijk is being exposed to an extent as well.
Yeah you have to factor in the age of the team. Van Dijk, Salah, Henderson, Thaigo, Fabinho, Firmino are all hitting 30 or more. They don't have the fitness levels they had 3 or 4 years ago.

Their midfield is bang average now. Salah looks a shadow of his former self. Even Robertson has looked crap. As you say. Liverpool need the team clicking as one to be effective and it just isn't working.

This Liverpool seem to have ran their course. Their best players are past their peak and their young ones aren't good enough.

Batman

Yeah you have to factor in the age of the team. Van Dijk, Salah, Henderson, Thaigo, Fabinho, Firmino are all hitting 30 or more. They don't have the fitness levels they had 3 or 4 years ago.

Their midfield is bang average now. Salah looks a shadow of his former self. Even Robertson has looked crap. As you say. Liverpool need the team clicking as one to be effective and it just isn't working.

This Liverpool seem to have ran their course. Their best players are past their peak and their young ones aren't good enough.
Agreed. The big problem for them too is that they probably don't have the money to really retool. They lucked out with Salah and Mane exploding and then Barca being daft enough to give them all that money for Coutinho. Now they really have nobody who would command a huge transfer fee so I don't know where the funds for the sort of rebuild they would need to get back to where they were will come from. That means you can't go and get an Alisson or Van Dijk as your finishing touch. Then there's the reality that we've never actually seen Klopp totally rebuild a team this late into a project so the jury is very much still out on whether he's capable.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agreed. The big problem for them too is that they probably don't have the money to really retool. They lucked out with Salah and Mane exploding and then Barca being daft enough to give them all that money for Coutinho. Now they really have nobody who would command a huge transfer fee so I don't know where the funds for the sort of rebuild they would need to get back to where they were will come from. That means you can't go and get an Alisson or Van Dijk as your finishing touch. Then there's the reality that we've never actually seen Klopp totally rebuild a team this late into a project so the jury is very much still out on whether he's capable.
I think we all expected a cross roads moment with Liverpool, albeit I thought in maybe 1 or 2 years not this season.

City will be harder to challenge.

Hopefully it's us getting those one or two big signings next summer to propel us closer to a title and get the young lads signed up on long term contracts. Saliba, Saka and Martinelli need big deals. Literally 200m worth of talent there.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I think we all expected a cross roads moment with Liverpool, albeit I thought in maybe 1 or 2 years not this season.

City will be harder to challenge.

Hopefully it's us getting those one or two big signings next summer to propel us closer to a title and get the young lads signed up on long term contracts. Saliba, Saka and Martinelli need big deals. Literally 200m worth of talent there.
If that injured ragdoll Fofana went for 80m then Saliba's worth is 120.

Make it 275m worth of talent.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom