• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,199
  • Views 817,591

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Remember when A-M told me Wenger was holding Ox back from being a great player.

Remember when he wanted to be a midfielder and left Arsenal on the promise he'd be a starting midfielder? :lol:

Remember when he openly sabotaged our team with the absolutely worst performance of an Arsenal player in memory. It was worse than Stepanovs away at United.

He then signed for them a week or so later.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't like to bash Ox too much, because it's really the injuries that ruined him the most. It was good riddance at the time for great money, only a year in contract, because he was injury-prone even back then. And then it really materialized for Liverpool with that very bad injury. But without that injury, he might have been better. I remember him having good performances in midfield for them before the injury.

Yeah I've got sympathy for the Ox.
Injuries totally ruined his career.
Was sad to see him leave at the time as he looked like he was gonna be a top player but it never happened & we got real good money.
Unfortunately proneness to injuries is a key deciding factor if someone can be an elite player. Of course there will be unlucky injuries but bodies are built differently, what is the individual's pain threshold etc. At least to me this is one thing we need to consider and have a high priority on when developing and selecting players. If a player isn't fit and cannot play he can be as good as he wants especially when young.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Unfortunately proneness to injuries is a key deciding factor if someone can be an elite player. Of course there will be unlucky injuries but bodies are built differently, what is the individual's pain threshold etc. At least to me this is one thing we need to consider and have a high priority on when developing and selecting players. If a player isn't fit and cannot play he can be as good as he wants especially when young.
For future players yeah at this point, but we got Tomiyasu, Zinchenko surely cheaper because they have had many injuries. Maybe even Tierney as he was injured when we bought him. But the squad is starting to be complete next summer, so not so much need to buy cheaper players.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They still have a good squad, too many players out of form and players like Diaz and Nunez who were playing well are injured.

I think they will continue to have an up and down season unless they get everyone back fit and firing.
Their problem is that Klopp knows one way of playing and the squad does not have the legs to play that way anymore. That's a problem they have when all of their players are fit and available. They've been neglectful in terms of their midfield and they quite clearly have let the more important of their 2 talismans go in Sadio Mane. Now maybe he really didn't want to stay but it looks bad for Salah to look so pedestrian without him on those enormous wages while he continues to look the same player at Bayern.

Let's play Aubamawang

I think the ageing nature of their best players combined with the number of games they played last season has taken a toll on them. I know they won the domestic cups, but coming close to the quadruple would have been a bitter blow for them.

Given our recent history against them, I'm quite happy to see them suffer while they rebuild. I know my Forest-supporting mates were in cloud nine yesterday. Hopefully, the result doesn't stop us getting three points against them next week!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah that is spot on.
Hopefully 🤞 ESR can come back & not be someone who has his career constantly derailed by injuries.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Most important kind of ability is availability.

Master stroke sale in hindsight. Beyond a couple of goals against City he’s done nothing there.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Ox was always a nothing player interspersed with the occasional moment of quality that made people think he was something he wasn't.

Run fast, dribble and have the odd good game and you'll get rated.

I never saw anything special in him. Sure injuries probably haven't helped him but he always had the look of a player that would struggle to push on.

Far inferior player to someone like Theo who had a similar career trajectory but learnt to utilise his strengths fairly well.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's getting so easily triggered these days. However that journalist also sounds like a complete *****, so a lot of the times I can have a bit of sympathy for managers because a lot of **** they get asked is so stupid. How did the journalists think Jurgen would react by saying his side didn't show any fight against Forest?

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

Haphazard

Still a fantastic coach but his main weakness has been the inability to replace or evolve his team as his key players go or drop form.

I think they will be very strong in the second half of the season , people writing them off of CL places are wrong to imo.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Still a fantastic coach but his main weakness has been the inability to replace or evolve his team as his key players go or drop form.

I think they will be very strong in the second half of the season , people writing them off of CL places are wrong to imo.
Mane was their best player in the second half of last season once Salah’s goals dried up. You can definitely see they miss him as much as Klopp doesn’t want to admit it.

Nunez has been a solid addition to their squad even if his misses chances. Agree that they will come good in the second part of the season.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Mane was their best player in the second half of last season once Salah’s goals dried up. You can definitely see they miss him as much as Klopp doesn’t want to admit it.

Nunez has been a solid addition to their squad even if his misses chances. Agree that they will come good in the second part of the season.

There midfield desperately needs rejuvenating as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom