• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,071
  • Views 802,031

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fv7J2MdXwAIyW6-

...least this explains Jota's absence in the first half of the season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Darwin Nunez was a terrible signing all things considered, not sure he even makes it into their first team anymore. Diaz-Gakpo-Salah and I might even choose Jota over him as a LW/ST.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Darwin Nunez was a terrible signing all things considered, not sure he even makes it into their first team anymore. Diaz-Gakpo-Salah and I might even choose Jota over him as a LW/ST.
Nunez scored 9 league goals, that’s more than the Gabriel Jesus average of 8 league goals per season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The consensus seems to be that us and Liverpool are relatively even going into the season, with their new midfield signings sorting them out.

Think their midfield was a bit of a red herring last season, their attack and defence also dropped off massively. Do think they’ll be better than the likes of United and Chelsea next season but with the style of midfield they’ve signed klopp is going to have to evolve the team, and last season showed he couldn’t really do that.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The consensus seems to be that us and Liverpool are relatively even going into the season, with their new midfield signings sorting them out.

Think their midfield was a bit of a red herring last season, their attack and defence also dropped off massively. Do think they’ll be better than the likes of United and Chelsea next season but with the style of midfield they’ve signed klopp is going to have to evolve the team, and last season showed he couldn’t really do that.
I honestly wouldn't bet against Klopp. He is a quality coach. Best in the league in my opinion, but they are in a rebuilding mode and not sure how well he can handle that. But if any of the current established coaches can do it, it is that guy. Hope he fails, but that is more hope that anything else.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I honestly wouldn't bet against Klopp. He is a quality coach. Best in the league in my opinion, but they are in a rebuilding mode and not sure how well he can handle that. But if any of the current established coaches can do it, it is that guy. Hope he fails, but that is more hope that anything else.

Agree on the whole but thought he was shocking last season. Showed a lot of arrogance in the summer window where he seemed to think they were guaranteed T4 without refreshing the squad, then failed to adapt throughout the season.

Do think though if they can keep Diaz fit and their new midfield works they’ll be up there. Still big question marks over their defence though.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Agree on the whole but thought he was shocking last season. Showed a lot of arrogance in the summer window where he seemed to think they were guaranteed T4 without refreshing the squad, then failed to adapt throughout the season.

Do think though if they can keep Diaz fit and their new midfield works they’ll be up there. Still big question marks over their defence though.
I hope my faith in Klopp is unwarranted and they struggle next season again. Let's see. I think Mac Alister is a good signing. Good motor, press resistant and good passer. Think he will really help their overall play. Hopefully there are enough other holes they are not able to plug.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope my faith in Klopp is unwarranted and they struggle next season again. Let's see. I think Mac Alister is a good signing. Good motor, press resistant and good passer. Think he will really help their overall play. Hopefully there are enough other holes they are not able to plug.

Agree, but I think blaming everything on the midfield last season was a convenient Kop out (if you pardon the pun) for the scousers/scouse sports/the north west media.

For example going from Mane-Firmino-Salah to Diaz-Gakpo-Salah is a big downgrade.

Top Bottom