• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,080
  • Views 804,493

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
For Liverpool “improvement” is judged on winning stuff.

They are better under Klopp, but his first contract is ehding and he’s not close to winning anything.

Think that we need to take some period in last 5 years or something.They didn't league since 1991 or something like that.

And Kenny Dalglish bought Suarez,not Rodgers.He also use full benefits.

I was talking about the general attacking play. Rodgers created it. Very impressive from him.

Yet to see Flopp do anything impressive with Liverpool that Rodgers didn't do. At least Rodgers almost won the league with them. Flopp nowhere near it.

Rodgers had better players and competition was easier that season.

I have to disagree. The competition was much harder, and better players nah don't agree with that either.

Really don't care about the players. The attacking set up that is still in use was created by Rodgers. That was my point!

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
For Liverpool “improvement” is judged on winning stuff.

They are better under Klopp, but his first contract is ehding and he’s not close to winning anything.

Actually his contract has about 4 and a half years left, so it is not close to ending.

Time fans move on from the past, it is funny an Arsenal fan saying Klopp is failure because Liverpool don't win anything. So his fault that they have got to where they are in recent history before he got there? Liverpool have not been a dominant team for a long long time.

They are so lucky to have him.

Klopp is responsible for the Liverpool of today, not the one of yesterday. And it is clear they have improved so much with him. I listed why a few posts up, I can't be bothered repeating it.

The league he is in with Liverpool is very different from the one from when they where a dominant team. If fans expect him alone to bring that back, then that is a bit nuts.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Cant speak generally for all their games, as I don't see all their games. But I saw the game v West Ham United on the weekend, and in the 2nd half he was the best player on the field. Playing central - the most advanced of the 3 midfielers.
Thanks, I don't get much chance to follow but I was curious.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Why people voted for "no " ? Reckon that they forgot how Liverpool played before Klopp.One good season under Rodgers and nothnig more in last 7 years or so.
They're on a good run right now, but they could still easily finish 5th. It wasn't that long ago they were losing to Swansea and getting knocked out of the FA Cup at home to West Brom.

BobP

Memri Fan
They're on a good run right now, but they could still easily finish 5th. It wasn't that long ago they were losing to Swansea and getting knocked out of the FA Cup at home to West Brom.

It's impressive that they're even on this run after losing one of their best players with his replacement 6 months away.

Reactions: A_G

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

And prior to losing to Swansea they hadn't lost a game in 18 or something. They've only lost a few games all season, they seem to be pretty consistant as a team, and not had too many rough spells so far.

The premier league is crazy tough there will be two very good teams not getting top 4 of course. As fans we all want success and all expect it, but there has to be some realism to. Liverpool like Arsenal (I think?) and Sp**s, don't and can't compete financially with Man City (0bviously), but also Chelsea and Man Utd, apologies if I am wrong about Arsenal regards the finances.

People love to say about Kloppo, that he HAS to win something now (funny how pochetino doesn't get the same pressure). But what if he doesnt? Do Liverpool sack him? Then what do they do? Because they are not getting a better coach than him again anytime soon. And they will then regress. It's kinda ridiculous really, but that's modern football, zero patience.

He is obviously doing well there, they play very good football, they are well set to get CL football for the 2nd season running, no idea when Liverpool last did that. He seems to attract and sign far better players than previous coaches did. He is helping build what seems a really good squad, despite losing Coutinho. He isn't going anywehre soon. Which for me personally is a shame cos I'd love him back in the Bundesliga. But for him its great, as he's clearly enjoying the project he's taken on there.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

And prior to losing to Swansea they hadn't lost a game in 18 or something. They've only lost a few games all season, they seem to be pretty consistant as a team, and not had too many rough spells so far.

The premier league is crazy tough there will be two very good teams not getting top 4 of course. As fans we all want success and all expect it, but there has to be some realism to. Liverpool like Arsenal (I think?) and Sp**s, don't and can't compete financially with Man City (0bviously), but also Chelsea and Man Utd, apologies if I am wrong about Arsenal regards the finances.

People love to say about Kloppo, that he HAS to win something now (funny how pochetino doesn't get the same pressure). But what if he doesnt? Do Liverpool sack him? Then what do they do? Because they are not getting a better coach than him again anytime soon. And they will then regress. It's kinda ridiculous really, but that's modern football, zero patience.

He is obviously doing well there, they play very good football, they are well set to get CL football for the 2nd season running, no idea when Liverpool last did that. He seems to attract and sign far better players than previous coaches did. He is helping build what seems a really good squad, despite losing Coutinho. He isn't going anywehre soon. Which for me personally is a shame cos I'd love him back in the Bundesliga. But for him its great, as he's clearly enjoying the project he's taken on there.

Good post.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
If Liverpool can sort out their defensive issues and Klopp stays for another 2-3 years, I can genuinely see them ending their league trophy drought before us :(

Aevi

Hale End FC
That one point Liverpool had over us last season that got them into the CL and us into the EL seems to have had a large effect on each club. We have since struggled and are now apparently having trouble raising funds for new players, while Liverpool have used their qualification to push on and invest massively in the team. They have signed Van Dijk and Keita, and are strongly linked to Alisson and Jorginho. With other good signings in Salah and Robertson, they're building a very strong squad. All this possible because of that one point. Football is a crazy game.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That one point Liverpool had over us last season that got them into the CL and us into the EL seems to have had a large effect on each club. We have since struggled and are now apparently having trouble raising funds for new players, while Liverpool have used their qualification to push on and invest massively in the team. They have signed Van Dijk and Keita, and are strongly linked to Alisson and Jorginho. With other good signings in Salah and Robertson, they're building a very strong squad. All this possible because of that one point. Football is a crazy game.
An understanding fine lines. So rare on AM.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom