• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,206
  • Views 818,478

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
That's really interesting and puts things in a different perspective, maybe this will lead to people in the game taking concussions more seriously.

its crazy, was there not a situation with Sp**s goalie 3 or 4 years ago when he insisted on going back into the match but was obviously concussed? It has to be taken seriously like in other sports. So many stories of people suffering the concequences later in life cos they suffered concussions.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
its crazy, was there not a situation with Sp**s goalie 3 or 4 years ago when he insisted on going back into the match but was obviously concussed? It has to be taken seriously like in other sports. So many stories of people suffering the concequences later in life cos they suffered concussions.

Yeah, we know the problems NFL is facing with cte, wonder if something like that will become a focus in football too..

Even if you ignore the health and well being of the player, an obviously concussed player is a liability, so if you suspect it, I don't see why you'd continue playing them.

lucky7

Yeah, we know the problems NFL is facing with cte, wonder if something like that will become a focus in football too..

Even if you ignore the health and well being of the player, an obviously concussed player is a liability, so if you suspect it, I don't see why you'd continue playing them.

Heading the ball is now against the rules in the USA for U-11. It won't surprise me if that rule moves up the age ranks.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That first mistake was bad & knew the error straight away... even blaming Benzema. Looked with it.

Hope these results clear his name so he can be in Liverpools next final as well. :lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Wow, thats carzy, the hospital that did the testing released a stamement with Karius and Liverpool permission:

Statement regarding Loris Karius From Dr. Ross Zafonte and Lenore Herget, PT, DPT

We have received numerous calls today regarding the health status of Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius. With Mr. Karius’s permission, we are providing information about his medical situation in an effort to prevent, where possible, the dissemination of incomplete or erroneous information.

On May 31, 2018 Mr. Karius underwent a comprehensive examination by Dr. Ross Zafonte and Dr. Lenore Herget in Boston at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

After carefully reviewing game film and integrating a detailed history – including his reported present and immediate post-contact subjective symptoms – physical examination and objective metrics, we have concluded that Mr. Karius sustained a concussion during the match May 26, 2018.

At the time of our evaluation, Mr. Karius’s principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event. Additional symptomatic and objectively noted areas of dysfunction also persisted. It could be possible that such deficits would affect performance.

We also note that Mr. Karius has reported significant and steady improvement since the concussive event, and we expect him to make a full recovery based on the results of the examination. We expect that with treatment and by following prescribed activity protocols he will continue to improve. We have encouraged vigilance and an emphasis on safety in his eventual return to full activity.

This is the only comment we will be making in relation to this matter. All future media inquiries should be directed to the Liverpool FC Press Office .

Dr. Ross Zafonte

https://www.massgeneral.org/News/newsarticle.aspx?id=6792

There should be better way of dealing with concussion in football, similar to how they do in the NHL where player has to go through tests straight away. They even contact the referee via headset in the NHL to make the player go off for tests. I know its a bit harder in football cos you'd have to sub him off.

Maybe the c*unt Ramos caused it with this?

natural

Established Member
It is an obvious concussion because of the reaction after the hit, after watching a lot of head concussions in the NBA and NFL I knew how easy it is to get a concussion. Football players don't know how to deal with it because it does not happen often. I remember the final of WC14 when a German midfielder got concussed and only around 10 minutes later the referee noticed that he is acting strange and immediately notified the German bench about it. I think he literally asked the referee "Is this the WC final?" not sure about the story though, read it on some website.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think for defenders they will be ok, cos surely having a proper DM now will help them in a big way.

Since Kloppo went there, this is the first time he's had a DM. It amazes me actually, cos at Dortmund (and at Mainz), he always used a DM! I guess he's just slowly been getting round to finding the right man.

Henderson isn't a DM, he's a converted one, and isn't exactly a dominant midfielder, Emre Can wants to be one, but doesn't have the intelligence, work ethic or mobility to be the style of one Liverpool would need.

So yeah, I think having Fabinho will be very good for them from a defensive standpoint too, far more than getting more defenders would be.

I would think they will look at forward options, they have a lot of strikers who are average - Ings, Origi, Solanke, Solanke is still very young though. But I can see them offloading the other 2 and trying to get a better fit for the squad - someone who can rotate / help their front 3.

If I were Liverpool I'd put Joe Gomez next to VVD. Trent - Gomez - VVD - Robertson is a defence that could last for years and years. Then just buy a goalie and an attacker for depth and you're probably sorted. It's incredibly infuriating.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I remember the final of WC14 when a German midfielder got concussed and only around 10 minutes later the referee noticed that he is acting strange and immediately notified the German bench about it. I think he literally asked the referee "Is this the WC final?" not sure about the story though, read it on some website.

Christoph Kramer. And it's true. The boy was completely out of it. Rizzoli, the ref, told the story how Kramer asked him "Ref, is this the final?" Rizzoli thought it was a joke, but Kramer asked him again saying: "I really need to know." When the ref confirmed it was the final, Kramer thanked him saying that it was important for him to know. Rizzoli then went to Schweinsteiger and told him about what had transpired. Kramer came off. Says he's lacking about 20 minutes to half an hour of memory, from the incident until he came back to the bench for the second half. Looked slightly disoriented and off until after the game.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

RammiXP

Liverpool FC is going to be amazing next year. Can't see it being anything but a two-horse race between them and City.

We are so far behind in terms of quality its not even funny.

They will have the following players who would all easily improve arsenal:
  • VVD
  • Fabinho
  • Keita
  • Fekir
  • Mane
  • Salah
They also have solid players in other positions that give our current lot a run for their money based on current form:
  • Robertson
  • Trent-Arnold
  • Oxlade
  • GiGi
  • Firimino
Like it or not Liverpool have been run a lot better than us over the last 5 years. Wenger should have gone so we could modernize the club after the Hull FA cup win. Sentiment got in the way of progress and it's ****ed us!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool FC is going to be amazing next year. Can't see it being anything but a two-horse race between them and City.

We are so far behind in terms of quality its not even funny.

25 points to City is a huge gap to make up. United for all the **** they get also finished comfortably clear playing poorly for six months... Be surprised if Liverpool finish above either.

No real jump so far in the league... hovering around 4th each season taking it to the last day twice.

RammiXP

25 points to City is a huge gap to make up. United for all the **** they get also finished comfortable clear playing poorly for six months... Be surprised if Liverpool finish above either.

No real jump so far in the league... hovering around 4th each season taking it to the last day twice.

They lacked what they needed for consistent results at the start of last year. Continuity and a solid defense/midfield.

They have addressed both. They also don't have to worry about Barca sniffing around their main player this year.

I'm happy to commit to Liverpool and city fighting for the PL next year. The CL run proves they have the quality, now they need the consistency and stability required to win a league. There last 3 signings (Fabinho, Keita & VVD) all address that problem IMO.

Arsenal on the other hand just signed a 34-year-old RB.

Top Bottom