• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,249
  • Views 820,432

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

With this money spent, for me the pressure is on Liverpool to mount a serious title challenge, not win it but do more than just getting 4th on the final day like the past two seasons.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I hate Tweets like this. We're 6th, they were in the Champions League final. That's the difference spending makes.

Plus, he goes on about 319 million without removing the 140 mill for Coutinho, which take it to something like 180 million.

Plus, we also spent 110 million on Laca+Auba, 100 million on Mustafi, Xhaka and Chambers and a few more signings.

They're doing much better than we are by any objective metric and Klopp is taking them in the right direction. But our fans want to brag on social media about "NOT MY CLUB".

Greek Maldini for 2.1 million, it's a joke to even try to make this point.

Fabinho and Ox are two players, Torreira is one.

Shaqiri has achieved a lot more than Nelson, and would have been a good signing for us as well.

Maybe some humility till we actually start competing at the top again?

Tir Na Nog

I gotta be honest, I personally couldn't give a **** about their spending, it's the fact that some Liverpool fans act like it's different when they do it (oh look at Coutinho money), yeah take away the Coutinho money and they've still spent 180 million in about 3 transfer windows. For me anyways it's not about taking the moral highground it's the fact that Liverpool fans and even Klopp has complained about Man United's spending an in particular spending 90 million on Pogba (Klopp himself saying he wouldn't do things that way yet he's spent 75 million on a CB and looks like 70 million on a goalkeeper). They themselves shouldn't try to act like righteous when they're now spending similar amounts to the Manchester clubs. Not that any of it matters anyways, it's their money they can do what they want.

For the record most of their signings have been pretty good. They're clearly showing ambition but with ambition comes pressure to succeed so for me there is pressure on Klopp to put up more of a fight for the title now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Liverpools spending has been fantastic. Wouldn't say they've bought the league at all. Think they deserve it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He damaged multiple ligaments as well as his hamstring, that's devastating. Criticised him when he left but I really feel for Ox. He's been pretty kind about Arsenal since he left too.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
That’s an absolute nightmare injury. Potentially long term career threatening. Don’t like Liverpool and don’t particularly care for Ox, but I wouldn’t wish that type of injury on anyone. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

wow, gutted for Ox.. Hope he comes back stronger, what a nightmare injury, but most likely he'll never be the same again and will never fulfill his potential unfortunately.. No matter who, it sucks to see a career derailed by injuries..

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
God, I feel for Ox.

I feel for him, but on the other hand, Ox getting a long term injury after showing promise has happened so many times now.

Tir Na Nog

No sympathy at all, strung us a long all summer pretending he wanted to stay only to decide he'd not sign any contract we offered him and forced a move to Liverpool (a couple of days after putting in an horrific effortless performance against Liverpool). **** him tbh.

Top Bottom