• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,242
  • Views 820,003

marting

He had a brilliant season at Roma. One thing that does concern me, though, is that it was his only season playing in a top league. He spent the 2016-17 season sitting behind Szczesny. Didn't even get a Serie A appearance. So Liverpool is laying out an awful chunk of money for a guy with so little experience. He hadn't even had a full season as the starter at SC Internacional before going to Roma. Tons of ability though.

Agreed, its a lot of money and whilst i dont like Liverpool, the fact that they have addressed thier weaknesses is something we could really look up to.

1 question i do have is how they have such a superior budget to us!

60m on keita
45m on Fabinho
17m on Shaqiri
60m+ for allison
80m for van dijk
40m for Salah
40m for Ox
10m for Robinson

All since last season....Nearly 300m recovered about 170m on Sakho and Coutinho

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Agreed, its a lot of money and whilst i dont like Liverpool, the fact that they have addressed thier weaknesses is something we could really look up to.

60m on keita
45m on Fabinho
17m on Shaqiri
60m+ for allison
80m for van dijk
40m for Salah
40m for Ox
10m for Robinson

wasn't it like 90 mil for reaching champ-league final? so liek 70 mil spent then.

Edit according to transfermarkt they have 120 mil spent after sales. So would be 30mil spend last two seasons if you remove CL winnings also. Very little.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

60m on keita
45m on Fabinho
17m on Shaqiri
60m+ for allison
80m for van dijk
40m for Salah
40m for Ox
10m for Robinson

wasn't it like 90 mil for reaching champ-league final? so liek 70 mil spent then.

Edit according to transfermarkt they have 120 mil spent after sales. So would be 30mil spend last two seasons if you remove CL winnings also. Very little.
Also worthwhile to keep in mind that although Pool haven;t lifted the EPL in 30 years it is because of that 80s decade they have such a huge brand. Our brand is much younger in a sense than theirs is. Liverpool fans come from all over the world.
They also get great deals for their stars while we tend to get robbed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ox likely to miss the whole season according to the BBC article today. They kept that quiet.

Ox’s injury record for us wasn’t the best.

Bet Wenger was frustrated with Welbeck, Theo, Ramsey, Ox, Wilshere, Cazorla, Vermaelen, Diaby etc He could never keep a settled side.
For all his frustration he never once did anything about it though. Nobody was forcing him to resign those crocks every bloody time their contracts ended!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
An acknowledgement of something that took place is not the same as disparaging someone.:rolleyes: It's worth noting that I said as much about him during the WC before his destination was revealed. Whether he's going to Liverpool, Arsenal, or MK Dons he looks shaky on crosses and set pieces. That's a fact. An unpleasant fact is still a fact.
JC this forum has it in for you recently. I'm with you Dark Knight.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For all his frustration he never once did anything about it though. Nobody was forcing him to resign those crocks every bloody time their contracts ended!
Can’t argue with that. Always felt Wenger’s idea of a British core based around Wilshere, Ox, Walcott, Ramsey and Jenkinson was always flawed.

They flattered to deceive and could never stay fit. Ultimately they never realised their potential.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can’t argue with that. Always felt Wenger’s idea of a British core based around Wilshere, Ox, Walcott, Ramsey and Jenkinson was always flawed.

They flattered to deceive and could never stay fit. Ultimately they never realised their potential.
This is where I will agree with previous points you have made but many of us rejected at the time.. The players let Wenger down countless times. I'm not really referring to injuries here though. I mean performance wise.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He had a brilliant season at Roma. One thing that does concern me, though, is that it was his only season playing in a top league. He spent the 2016-17 season sitting behind Szczesny. Didn't even get a Serie A appearance. So Liverpool is laying out an awful chunk of money for a guy with so little experience. He hadn't even had a full season as the starter at SC Internacional before going to Roma. Tons of ability though.
Yeah I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. He's got excellent reflexes and is pretty good with the ball at his feet. I didn't watch a lot of him at Roma last year outside of a few CL matches. I was just very surprised that he seemed so uncomfortable dealing with crosses and commanding his area during the WC given the hype surrounding him and the theoretical price tags that had been going around.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
hot damn...seems like Liverpool went from being the fun underdog to (expected) title challengers.

Top Bottom