• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,260
  • Views 820,731

Wryer

They always try to give the fans something to look forward to in a new season.

They might fall short yet again, but you can't fault their management for not having the desire to reach the top. It's admirable to be honest. That's how you keep fans on your side and eventually become the support you need in home game. Not just expecting unconditional support and prayers.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Liverpool has spent over 300 M on their squad. Nothing else matters.

When you buy the best car out there you are expected to win races and sleep with supermodels every night. Even if you sold your civic in the meantime.
This makes it sound like they got money from someone else to make this happen, this is all klopp and scouting and champions league money. remove what they have earned from that and they have spend like 30 mil in the last three seasons.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This makes it sound like they got money from someone else to make this happen, this is all klopp and scouting and champions league money. remove what they have earned from that and they have spend like 30 mil in the last three seasons.
Agreed. They've just managed their assets spectacularly. You have to give them credit for putting themselves in a position to make these sorts of signings.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
They've probably done a very good deal getting Alisson, expensive sure; but it looks like he'll be a success and they'll have the keeper spot tied down for many years now.

Hopefully Leno can do the same for us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

£75m on CB last year, this year £56m on a goalie, £54m on a CM, £40m on a DM . . these are sums to rival City and United.

So far this year £150m net spend. Superb investment, they’ll be challenging for the title, no doubt.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
£75m on CB last year, this year £56m on a goalie, £54m on a CM, £40m on a DM . . these are sums to rival City and United.

So far this year £150m net spend. Superb investment, they’ll be challenging for the title, no doubt.

Unfortunately these are going rates these days, if we are to ever really compete again we will need to drop them amounts on players too.

Its how it is, if we get back into the CL we are going to have to spend like this, if not we'll get left behind.

I agree with Klopps comments today regarding spending and improving, 100% spot on.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wow, how much did they actually sell Coutinho for?

DiszR8vXsAA-IMM.jpg:large

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Unfortunately these are going rates these days, if we are to ever really compete again we will need to drop them amounts on players too.

Its how it is, if we get back into the CL we are going to have to spend like this, if not we'll get left behind.

I agree with Klopps comments today regarding spending and improving, 100% spot on.
Klopp is being pragmatic and really understands how modern football works.

‘We have a really good team, a really good squad and to improve it is very expensive. To find better players than we already have, they aren't waiting around the corner
."

They now have the most expensive defender and the most expensive keeper in the epl. He knows that’s what it takes to win leagues, not more intensive coaching.

It’s a masve risk though, if you spend enough to shoot for the moon, the criticism will be enormous if you miss.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Klopp is being pragmatic and really understands how modern football works.

‘We have a really good team, a really good squad and to improve it is very expensive. To find better players than we already have, they aren't waiting around the corner
."

They now have the most expensive defender and the most expensive keeper in the epl. He knows that’s what it takes to win leagues, not more intensive coaching.

It’s a masve risk though, if you spend enough to shoot for the moon, the criticism will be enormous if you miss.

Agree, imagine if Arsenal took this approach during the past 8yrs, times when the squad was nearing completion, added the few additions required regardless of price, identifying the problems and getting the player instead of skimping, I'm sure if we had a manager/board who took Klopp/Pool's current approach we would have had a title or two in the timeframe.

Yeah its a risk, but at the same time its also very costly signing multiple ****ters at the lower price who dont really improve you, all the 10-20mil players who may or may not make it (Perez, Welbeck, El-Neny, Podolski, Andre Santos, Per, Arteta, Debuchy, etc) all add up when that money could be allocated to a top player who is more likely to solve the issue.

Last edited:

Dregen57

They will not
Agree, imagine if Arsenal took this approach during the past 8yrs, times when the squad was nearing completion, added the few additions required regardless of price, identifying the problems and getting the player instead of skimping, I'm sure if we had a manager/board who took Klopp/Pool's current approach we would have had a title or two in the timeframe.

Yeah its a risk, but at the same time its also very costly signing multiple ****ters at the lower price who dont really improve you, all the 10-20mil players who may or may not make it (Perez, Welbeck, El-Neny, Podolski, Andre Santos, Per, Arteta, Debuchy, etc) all add up when that money could be allocated to a top player who is more likely to solve the issue.
Liverpool have to win something big this season or I would say project Klopp is a failure

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Wow, how much did they actually sell Coutinho for?

DiszR8vXsAA-IMM.jpg:large

I much prefer when spending is shown like this. Even though it still doesn't cover a lot of things, it's far better than net spend. I have no idea how net spend became such a thing in modern football culture. As a stand alone metric it's pointless but so many people on Twitter point to it as some holy grail of metrics.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
They will not

Liverpool have to win something big this season or I would say project Klopp is a failure

I think either the next one or the one after is still acceptable, I also have this impression that if they were to win something big the floodgates will open and they will become quite consistent in winning things again.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They are looking good for a PL win in the next year or two, or at least be main challengers, in my opinion. Because they are buying top quality players and already play a very disruptive and effective style.

It’s still a challenge outside the Premier League however, too many teams with more resources than the best in England.

Coaching and attention to detail does play a role, but the quality of players still stands out most. You don’t spend you’re likely not to get to the top. Of course one does go hand in hand with the other.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I much prefer when spending is shown like this. Even though it still doesn't cover a lot of things, it's far better than net spend. I have no idea how net spend became such a thing in modern football culture. As a stand alone metric it's pointless but so many people on Twitter point to it as some holy grail of metrics.
All these metrics, Spend, Net spend, Annual wage bill, Squad cost, Position on the Forbes rich list league etc . . . all tell a financial story from a different perspective. Non are perfect and non tell the whole story.

But I’ve argued for years on here, that for numerous reasons Squad cost is the best measure of both how much a club has really invested and of player quality, but it’s like p*ssing in the wind.:lol:

Top Bottom