• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,111
  • Views 805,283

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

That's the Fabinho fee right there

They probably got a top striker signing lined up with the solanke sale

In the last few days he's been heavily linked in the German press with a loan move to multiple Bundesliga clubs, including Hannover 96, Schalke and VfB Stuttgart. All those reports said Liverpool didn't want to sell which is why they all thought he was a rather promising low cost target for 6 months. Going by the latest reports from here, him and his father have apparently already visited Stuttgart. So it's rather surprising to me he's suddenly lined up for a 19m permanent transfer to Bournemouth.

Anyway, regardless of it that happens, Liverpool have a tremendous negotiating team, especially concerning sales.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
In the last few days he's been heavily linked in the German press with a loan move to multiple Bundesliga clubs, including Hannover 96, Schalke and VfB Stuttgart. All those reports said Liverpool didn't want to sell which is why they all thought he was a rather promising low cost target for 6 months. Going by the latest reports from here, him and his father have apparently already visited Stuttgart. So it's rather surprising to me he's suddenly lined up for a 19m permanent transfer to Bournemouth.

Anyway, regardless of it that happens, Liverpool have a tremendous negotiating team, especially concerning sales.

Deal already gone through Toby, he's officially a Bournemouth player :lol:

Toby

Deal already gone through Toby, he's officially a Bournemouth player :lol:

ok:lol: Completely missed that...

Still surprising after all the talk about loans. 19m for Solanke...instead of signing players this window we should throw all our money at whoever negotiates sales at Liverpool.

Impact

Established Member
Good fee for L'pool. Good signing for Bournemouth. Think the project there is going very well and Solanke should fit that. Think he should be challenging himself to match Rashford's exploits. Similarly talented at youth level.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Had a though: Isn't the current version of Liverpool basically what Arsenal fans want Arsenal to be from a footballing perspective?

Mostly reliant on the generated revenue but with some investment from the owner etc. The only difference between you and them is that last part, which has been key in securing the last vital parts for Klopp.

It's kind of sad to watch because it makes you realize just how close you are. You have the means to compete but the owner won't allow it and simply doesn't care.
People tend to forget that it's not just the owners involvement, they have been extremely lucky with major deals over the past few years. They've had over 150mil in player sales alone (from what I can recall the biggest names - Coutinho and Suarez) which has significantly helped them build their current team.

And also, Liverpool have done worse than we have in the past 22 years with or without owners involvement. So maybe some Arsenal fans would like to think they have some form of crazy model in place to replicate but I see their recent form being a great smokescreen for all their mediocrity in the past decade or so.

If we get lucky (like we could have with Ramsey at 50mil+) then we would easily catch up to them.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Them buying Torres for what was a massive fee back then is what really set the ball rolling for them , sold him for 50 m and that got them Suarez.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

And Andy Carroll in the same window :bounce:

Didn't coutinho arrive not long after as well?

Yup for 8 million , pretty sure there were plenty on here laughing too .

Their owners also made a available a 100m transfer budget in 2010 ro 2011 ? that really set the foundation .

Toby

Yup for 8 million , pretty sure there were plenty on here laughing too .

Their owners also made a available a 100m transfer budget in 2010 ro 2011 ? that really set the foundation .

Coutinho was only 20 but to be fair he didn't look too exciting at Inter. Made a lot of talents lists but actually had shown rather little and was already considered a forever talent. 13m at that time was an okay price considering how the market worked in 2013. And iirc, he took quite some time to adjust and hit the heights at Liverpool. Just goes a long way to show that as some wait too long for talents to come good, others jump the gun far too early.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Coutinho was only 20 but to be fair he didn't look too exciting at Inter. Made a lot of talents lists but actually had shown rather little and was already considered a forever talent. 13m at that time was an okay price considering how the market worked in 2013. And iirc, he took quite some time to adjust and hit the heights at Liverpool. Just goes a long way to show that as some wait too long for talents to come good, others jump the gun far too early.

His talent was obvious , Thierry , Patrick even Dennis didn't looks all that exciting in Italy . Was a good price to take a punt on in all honesty .

Toby

His talent was obvious , Thierry , Patrick even Dennis didn't looks all that exciting in Italy . Was a good price to take a punt on in all honesty .

Yeah, that's kind of what I was trying to say. His talent was obvious but he didn't look like an instant world beater like Neymar, and a lot of people titled him a lost talent far too early. Although of course he did take his time to shine at Liverpool. But for 13m that's good business.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Coutinho was considered a massive talent but he showed little because he was constantly injured. He was considered as an always injured player with a big upside. Liverpool took a gamble and they hit a jackpot. Then they hit another one with Salah.

Moral of the story is if you don't have endless stream of financial backing, and still want to compete, you need to take some gambles on the market. I know players like Carrasco don't seem like an attracting option but he's exactly the kind of profile we should be aiming at. The difference betwen us and clubs with similar transfer acitivities, as Liverpool in the past, is I'm not sure we can even afford to take that kind of gamble. It seems we're completely trapped in the claws of greed and ambitionless mentality of the owner.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

DwX4mA5U8AAZde3.jpg:large

0_Allegri-twitter-likes.png

Well in Max. :lol::lol::lol:

Tbh, I do remember reading somewhere that Allegri didn't rate Klopp at all as a coach and when Juve faced Dortmund in the CL a few years ago he told his players it'd be like a training game for his side due to the way Klopp set his team up. Juve won 5-1 on aggregate. Although I can't remember where I read this and everytime I've searched nothing has came up so who knows if it's true or not. I definitely remember reading about it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom