• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Slot Shame

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,343
  • Views 832,045

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

it's depend on who they appoint in summer Bayern Munich looking at Ragniack this appointment screams a short term one and Real Madrid will all depend on Ancelotti
Ancelotti has contract until 2026, but it doesn't depend on him. It depends on Real Madrid and Xabi Alonso.

If Alonso continues the same way next season, it's possible Real will part ways with Ancelotti in 2025, to snatch Alonso as their long-term young talented manager. He is the most sought after young manager who will be available anytime soon. And he is a class act.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
You answered to me against my view, and I told why I think it's not likely he goes to Bayern in a civil manner.

Why so aggressive? Btw. what you said is wasn't even worth mentioning as everyone knows he played for Bayern. Of course it wouldn't be "strange".
I said it wouldn't be shocking if he went to Bayern M, not about the probability. There's no debate here. I think, just like you, that it's more likely he goes to Real. But I can guarantee you no one would be shocked if he went to Bayern. But if you don't see it that way alright then.

I'm not aggressive bud but tbh you're being obnoxious in the way you write and behave on here. There's a reason why so many people have a problem with you on the forum.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Fwiw I don’t think Alonso is a good fit for Real.

He’s a systems coach and Madrid has always been a place that favours player coaches. I think there is a mismatch of cultures there. I don’t think Real is the kind of club where transfers happen according to the long term stratagem of the manager. I think they expect the manager to adjust based on the players they provide. Alonso “can” adjust, but I don’t think that’s his preferred modus operandi.

I’ve always thought he’d stay another season and see how far he can take Leverkeusen in the champions league. Once that’s done I can see him going to Bayern over Real.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

This is great news for us. Only Alonso has the megawatt power to keep Pool on anything like the Klopp trajectory, short term at least. Chelsea remain a project whilst Sp**s remain Sp**s. With all of them out of the picture we’ll just need to the football gods to take care of 115, and only good times ahead…😁

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s a systems coach and Madrid has always been a place that favours player coaches. I think there is a mismatch of cultures there. I don’t think Real is the kind of club where transfers happen according to the long term stratagem of the manager. I think they expect the manager to adjust based on the players they provide. Alonso “can” adjust, but I don’t think that’s his preferred modus operandi.

I’ve always thought he’d stay another season and see how far he can take Leverkeusen in the champions league. Once that’s done I can see him going to Bayern over Real.

From stuff I’ve read part of his success has been he’s so good at getting player buy in. Seems like he’s the perfect mix of being an elite player, young and also on it tactically.

He’s like the final evolution of Arteta. The Charizard to Mikel’s Charmeleon.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I would be amazed if Liverpool got anywhere near de Zerbi. Would be disaster with his temperament and how sensitive scousers are
Amorim seem the obvious choice

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
also not sure why but liverpool must be the least attractive top club in europe despite their success but players often reject them they seriously got lucky with Klopp they should just go with De Zerbi they got used to high press attacking ball he'll suit them.
Because Klopp is leaving. He was like a cheat code for them. His name alone could attract the best players. Now with him gone and FSG mostly unwilling to splash the cash, could see players picking City or I dare say, us, over them.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
So happy Klopp is leaving. These ****s will fall off like anything...the sheer arrogance and entitlement from their supporters is nauseating with only 1 PL Title to show and that too was heavily influenced by Covid.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Smart from Alonso & Liverpool. I think it would have been a recipe for disaster tbh.

That being said, no matter who they get will be a bit ****.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They should get a manager that espouses the same style of play as Klopp. Klopp is extremely direct. Alonso focuses more on control.

They couldn't be more different. An Ole would have been a better appointment

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The problem they'll face is Klopp always get best out of his players he also built amazing relationship with his squad replacing this gonna so difficult it's not only about style of play or tactics

drippin

I said it wouldn't be shocking if he went to Bayern M, not about the probability. There's no debate here. I think, just like you, that it's more likely he goes to Real. But I can guarantee you no one would be shocked if he went to Bayern. But if you don't see it that way alright then.

I'm not aggressive bud but tbh you're being obnoxious in the way you write and behave on here. There's a reason why so many people have a problem with you on the forum.
Okay, well pinpoint where in my post I was obnoxious. Should be easy, no?

You seem to have a weird reaction to a normal conversation, and then start blaming and attacking me, when you replied to me and didn't like my explanation of my thinking to you and Yousif.

drippin

In what way do you mean he is a systems coach, rather than a player coach?

Xabi Alonso has played in three top teams with some leadership roles, and is a class act, so I don't see how he can't "player coach" at Real? He has huge charisma and stature.

He has basically made just these transfers at Leverkusen: Xhaka (3000 minutes in total), Boniface (1700 minutes in total), Tella (1000 minutes in total) and Hofmann (2000 minutes in total). So it's not like he built Leverkusen team from nothing, but has got them firing.

If he goes to Real, it looks like they can buy Davies next season. He could also bring Frimpong with him, as he will leave next summer. He can build a similar system at Real pretty easily. Davies and Frimpong as wing-backs would be a cheat code. Their attack and midfield is complete after Mbappe, so they just need to fix their defence.

Real has all the cards in their hands, it's certainly the most attractive club for Alonso. And is his home country. Look at Liverpool and Bayern at this point, and compare to Real. It's no wonder if Alonso wants to wait for Real. And it's no wonder if the biggest club in the world wants the most promising manager in the world.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Okay, well pinpoint where in my post I was obnoxious. Should be easy, no?

You seem to have a weird reaction to a normal conversation, and then start blaming and attacking me, when you replied to me and didn't like my explanation of my thinking to you and Yousif.

You're the weird one here tbh. You got a know-it-all-attitude, unfortunately, you don't have enough self-awareness to understand how the way you communicate is received. But it's ok keep doing what you're doing.

drippin

You're the weird one here tbh. You got a know-it-all-attitude, unfortunately, you don't have enough self-awareness to understand how the way you communicate is received. But it's ok keep doing what you're doing.
So just like I expected, you can't pinpoint anything, because it's all in your imagination, and you overreacted aggressively and started attacking my personality after a normal conversation.

Notice how I haven't attacked you as a poster in any way. That should tell anyone who is in the wrong here.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
In what way do you mean he is a systems coach, rather than a player coach?

Xabi Alonso has played in three top teams with some leadership roles, and is a class act, so I don't see how he can't "player coach" at Real? He has huge charisma and stature.

He has basically made just these transfers at Leverkusen: Xhaka (3000 minutes in total), Boniface (1700 minutes in total), Tella (1000 minutes in total) and Hofmann (2000 minutes in total). So it's not like he built Leverkusen team from nothing, but has got them firing.

If he goes to Real, it looks like they can buy Davies next season. He could also bring Frimpong with him, as he will leave next summer. He can build a similar system at Real pretty easily. Davies and Frimpong as wing-backs would be a cheat code. Their attack and midfield is complete after Mbappe, so they just need to fix their defence.

Real has all the cards in their hands, it's certainly the most attractive club for Alonso. And is his home country. Look at Liverpool and Bayern at this point, and compare to Real. It's no wonder if Alonso wants to wait for Real. And it's no wonder if the biggest club in the world wants the most promising manager in the world.

No you misunderstood me I think.

Alonso is similar to Arteta and Pep in my mind, he has a clear idea in his mind of how his team should play, what tactics they use in different phases of play down to minute details. What’s more important to managers like this is getting the right players into fit the system, or in other words the system is more important than the players. When all the pieces of the jigsaw come together, suddenly it all goes “bang” like us last season and Leverkeusen this season. This is what I mean by “strategy coach”.

This is in contrast to guys like Ancelotto and Mourinho and Zidane (and basically every Madrid manager) who will flexibly adapt their strategy around the players they have, and as long as the players are individually brilliant, they will achieve success. Their ethos is more geared to enable and empower their elite players. This is what I meant by “player manager”.

Real has always done the latter. I’m not even sure how much say the manager even has in transfers. If Alonso is anything like Arteta in terms of how much control and input he has on transfers then Real is not a good fit for him purely in terms of culture.

Remember for some people it’s not just all about trophies. How they do it matters to them.

drippin

No you misunderstood me I think.

Alonso is similar to Arteta and Pep in my mind, he has a clear idea in his mind of how his team should play, what tactics they use in different phases of play down to minute details. What’s more important to managers like this is getting the right players into fit the system, or in other words the system is more important than the players. When all the pieces of the jigsaw come together, suddenly it all goes “bang” like us last season and Leverkeusen this season. This is what I mean by “strategy coach”.

This is in contrast to guys like Ancelotto and Mourinho and Zidane (and basically every Madrid manager) who will flexibly adapt their strategy around the players they have, and as long as the players are individually brilliant, they will achieve success. This is what I meant by “player manager”.

Real has always done the latter. I’m not even sure how much say the manager even has in transfers. If Alonso is anything like Arteta in terms of how much control and input he has on transfers then Real is not a good fit for him.
Okay, that's why I asked. I get what you mean, but I disagree.

Real has a hugely talented side now with young players who can be molded, and are versatile mostly too. There would be no problems to build a similar system there, especially if they buy Davies and Frimpong for cheap.

If you look at Real's squad building in recent years, it's obvious they know what they are doing. Alonso is a club legend with great pedigree as a manager from Leverkusen success (and transfers), so of course they would listen to him with transfers. But the squad is ready for him apart from the defence anyway.

drippin

Wise man. Just like I thought, he doesn't want to ruin the relationship with Leverkusen fans, to join a club that he finishes above in Bundesliga. Great integrity.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom