• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,264
  • Views 820,954

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Doesn't help this Nunez lad looks a bit like Andy Carroll either :lol:

It was funny but you can't be making a serious judgement off the back of his first pre season game.

Liverpool haven't bought many big money dud's in the last few years. I don't expect him to hit Mane levels but I'd think he'll turn out pretty good long term.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

This guy has to perform this season, otherwise he's going to get eaten alive.
It doesn't help that he's replacing Mane.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Will be interesting to see how Liverpool line up with Nunez. Their front 3 is so direct, especially Salah and Nunez. They're are loosing Mane and Firmino (when he doesn't play) ability to combine between the lines.

I reckon they may move to a 4231.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

This guy has to perform this season, otherwise he's going to get eaten alive.
It doesn't help that he's replacing Mane.
He’s got a great manager though and the team combine so well in the final third it makes it easier for players to fit in.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Someone did post Torres' first pre-season game for Liverpool and he looked just as bad. It means nothing. I think it'll be hard for Nunez to justify for the price tag but wouldn't rule him out as a complete flop based on pre-season. Like Trax says he actually plays under a top manager in a team that'll create chances for him, he should be fine.

ThePortugueseGunner

To be honest, I don't see what Klopp saw in Nuñez to justify the price tag. He has potential, sure, but way too overpriced, and I have doubts he'll match the expectations around him.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Virtually anyone will look like a bumbling fool after Sadio Mane. Think Nunez has the special something needed to be a class striker but it was never going to happen instantaneously

You can tell he comes from a league where steamrolling the opposition with his strength was enough.

Rattata

It's a Klopp signing. He barely will play in the first two month and then finish the season with 20 goals in the league.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nah he’s getting cooked. Has this happened in preseason before or is there just more access to this crap than ever?

Kinda hope he proves people wrong tbh

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Nah he’s getting cooked. Has this happened in preseason before or is there just more access to this crap than ever?

Kinda hope he proves people wrong tbh
I've already seen edits of him playing in timbs, he's getting the full Lakaka special without even having played 90 mins of preseason lol. Klopp and the liverpool players are already backing him in the media like he's on a 10 game drought in the league :lol:
He needs start banging them in early or it's going to be a long season for him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

In this day and age if you’re not running down your contract to the point where you are leaving for 50 mil or less, you’re a sucker.

I think huge transfer fees only work if it’s kind of tied into your branding and you’re supposed to be a superstar player.

Good luck to the yute anyways, it’s only pre season.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Someone did post Torres' first pre-season game for Liverpool and he looked just as bad. It means nothing. I think it'll be hard for Nunez to justify for the price tag but wouldn't rule him out as a complete flop based on pre-season. Like Trax says he actually plays under a top manager in a team that'll create chances for him, he should be fine.
He's reminded me of Torres actually, in his first Atletico stint he'd always look a bit donkey like too although he was even more athletic.

Nunez will probably be fine because of Klopp, and even if he does flop - as do plenty of Liverpool signings despite what their bucktooth pundits want to make you believe - they unfortunately still have Salah

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He's reminded me of Torres actually, in his first Atletico stint he'd always look a bit donkey like too although he was even more athletic.

Nunez will probably be fine because of Klopp, and even if he does flop - as do plenty of Liverpool signings despite what their bucktooth pundits want to make you believe - they unfortunately still have Salah
His pace and power is reminiscent of early Torres actually.

Yeah he's fine tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Going back years so memory might be hazy I admit but wasn’t Torres first game that one where he absolutely skinned John Terry and banged it in?

Looked an instant upgrade from Baros, Morientes or whoever their striker was before him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
could be an issue if teams are not as scared of Nunez or Diaz yet... they can focus on Salah & move higher up

the midfield & defence live a bit off that old front three

Top Bottom