Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Shout out to my Ox

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by KMC, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

Hope our next manager doesn’t behave like Klopp, that **** is embarrassing. :lol:
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Liverpool need at least 1 or 2 midfielders, maybe 3, that can control the tempo of a game, keep hold of the ball and slow a game down if necessary. Klopp's full throttle style worked great in the 1st half, though they should have finished the game off, but you can't do that for 90 mins. 2nd half they inevitably drop a bit, but they were playing like a small side away from home; just defending deep and booting the ball up the pitch for about 30 mins straight.

Klopp's solution to getting penned in was to bring on Ox and Wijnaldum, neither of whom are going to retain possession and calm things down. As far as I can tell he's not even trying to rectify this, he's bringing in Keita who will be exceptional for the full throttle approach but who also isn't best at calming things down.

The 45 points dropped from winning positions is indicative of this. Klopp has one way of playing which works great for periods in games, but there is no plan to manage a game and hold a lead. Until Klopp starts buying the profile of player who can slow a game down and suck the air out of an opponent by retaining possession I don't think he'll get anywhere in the league.

Although he comes across as a snarling headless buffoon on the touchline he is obviously an intelligent man, but he isn't showing any signs of diversifying his approach. If nothing changes by next season then people will start to ask questions.
    SomGooner likes this.
  3. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Wonder if Lallana will get the same criticism to Jack when he did similar against Man City U23's.
    SomGooner likes this.
  5. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

"Loren touched it mate"
    SomGooner likes this.
  6. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Ox getting roasted on twitter after the weekend. One said Klopp's coaching hasn't improved him at all. :lol:
  7. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Aevius and Rimaal like this.
  8. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

I already posted in the champions league topic, that he is turning Liverpool in his old Dortmund team fair credits they look very very dangerous and could be an outsider.
  9. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

10. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

I envy the bastards. Wenger hasn't made me dream since deeply lined brick red lips were the hot trending look.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    RacingPhoton likes this.
  11. tap-in

tap-in :|

People can say what they want about Klopp but look where Pool are and look where we are. I would love a manager with half the passion Klopp has!
  12. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Where is he?

Where we were... fighting for 4th and winning nothing in the process.

We dont need to get back there again.
    hydrofluoric acid and Tir Na Nog like this.
  13. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Well-Known Member

Don't think that Klopp will get EPL title with Liverpool in some time.It's obvious that he put Liverpool in another level with some good signins and level of play,but they will always have bad day in defence and lose points to some smaller sides.He probably needs some more dominant team and less competition to win something.
    RacingPhoton likes this.
  14. tap-in

tap-in :|

I'd rather be 3rd in PL and playing CL football this season and probably next, rather than 6th and playing EL 2 years running!
    ItWasMeBarry and RacingPhoton like this.
  15. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Very catchy song.
  16. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

I think he'll figure it out. Needed really long to properly adapt to the league, but they're going somewhere.
    They've brought in van Dijk and Keita and will add more to the squad in the summer.
    I can see them ironing out the losses against smaller teams by just scoring even more goals and a slighlty better defence. The record against the top teams is already good. They're the only team to beat City as of now.
    Nobody thought Klopp could actually beat the mega dominant Bayern to the title, and it took him 3 seasons, but he did it. Twice.
    I don't think it's beyond belief Klopp can guide Liverpool to a title.
  17. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

they wont win the league as long as City are doing what they are doing. No one can compete with that crap. And Man Utd and Chelsea are on a different level spending wise to to the next 3 clubs in like (Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs). But fans just have to deal with that problem with the plastic clubs that are such a stain on football.

But they are clearly progressing under him. People have no patience these days though.

Apparently that game on Wednesday was their 1st knockout stage game in CL for 9 years, so that is progress.

They are 3rd in the league at the moment, if they qualify for CL again, that is 2 seasons in a row, apparently before, they had just qualified once in 8 seasons. That is progress.

They where a joke in Europe under Rogers, now they got to a final and look to be in the 1/4 final of CL this seaso. That is progress.

He seems to have taken their transfers to another level, another thing that was a joke under Rogers he spent so much money on just really poor players I wouldn't want anywhere near my club. Now players like Mane, Van Djik, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Salah are very good signigns who feature prominent in the first team. Keita is a fantastic player too. So that is progress.

So yeah, I will stick up for Kloppo, I know how he works, it's quite methodical and slow, so only a very small amout of clubs can suit him, looks like Liverpool is one.
    asukru, dashsnow17, Kobi and 3 others like this.
  18. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

You have to credit Klopp for his approach play. It’s in your face and next thing you know you are 3-0 down and have a mountain to climb.

I think what Klopp needs to do is learn to back off once the damage is done and shut up shop. This is where he seems to be all at sea and it’s for this reason he is no better a manager than Wenger is.

If Klopp can focus on his defensive work and create a proper unit there in addition to their frantic attack, they will become top three regulars.
    dashsnow17 likes this.
  19. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

He was a character and quite amusing, a likable guy. But then the media expect it and he feels he has to deliver, it all feels a bit forced now, plenty of cringe.
  20. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

I don't think so, he is what he is, he's never had to put on an act. He's actually pretty laid back away from the football pitch, and a genuinley funny but self-deprecating man. He's a lot calmer from what I've seen of him at Liverpool than he used to be earlier in his time at Dortmund and at Mainz. The one thing that really gets him wound up away from the pitch is idiotic questions from journalists.
    Toby Andrl likes this.