• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,193
  • Views 817,123

Aevi

Hale End FC
Salah's success is a testament to Liverpool's attacking prowess. He misses his fair share of opportunities but it doesn't matter because Liverpool generates many chances and Salah has the intelligent movement needed to get plenty of shots off.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I believe he’ll be better next season. He’s already much more efficient than the inbred at Sp**s, and will only get better especially once he learns to be more clinical.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Salah's success is a testament to Liverpool's attacking prowess. He misses his fair share of opportunities but it doesn't matter because Liverpool generates many chances and Salah has the intelligent movement needed to get plenty of shots off.

Come on, its not like he's being spoon fed goals. His first touch, pace, dribbling is absolutely devastating. He's kept up his form despite the departure of Coutinho and was playing similarly for Roma over the last two seasons. This is no Mahrez wonder season.

Rest of the big teams slept on him and at 25 he's justifiably world class.

BBF

What? You lot think he has elite ball control or is an elite striker of the ball? I don't. There's a reason for why he flourishes in counter attacking teams.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just realised he's going to break the PL record for the most amount of goals in his first bloody season .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How does Salah keep scoring? He's not even that technically gifted.
Not sure why people are laughing, he isn’t an elite technician but we’re not saying he’s Theo Walcott either.

Very intelligent movement and his finishing is a lot more consistent than it was earlier in the season. You also don’t need to be an excellent striker of the ball when you’re taking shots from where he takes them. Confidence definitely feeds into it and defenders are probably terrified of him.

Last edited:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
The Messi comparison is delusional at worst as there’s no player on the planet that compares to the little maestro.

I agree that he’s not technically great but for someone who misses fairly easy chances, he’s a great finisher and will only get better.

His efficiency is what impresses me the most as he doesn’t need to take a boat load of shots at goal ala Kane.

His biggest assets are his pace, positioning, intelligent movent off the ball and above all the speed in which he gets his shots off which catches the goalkeepers off guard.

Just don’t change and don’t f*cking cheat on your wife with a slapper who calls herself a model. :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I'd have more respect for those questioning his technique if they picked on his lack of ability in the air. Even if it were true about his technique, which it isn't (Exhibit A):

..the fact is that he is able to be ruthlessly effective with tools that he has, punishes every mistake and has scored almost home and away against every big team he has faced bar Man Utd.

He is also doing it in a way that is breaking records and propelling his team to a level whereby they could conceivably win the Champions League with such a mediocre midfield and defence. In his first season in a new team. In a league where he was considered a flop.

Let that sink in. You'd think by reading through this that the guy is scoring tap ins every week and being carried by an assist machine like Özil.

BBF

Honestly I'd have more respect for those questioning his technique if they picked on his lack of ability in the air. Even if it were true about his technique, which it isn't (Exhibit A):

..the fact is that he is able to be ruthlessly effective with tools that he has, punishes every mistake and has scored almost home and away against every big team he has faced bar Man Utd.

He is also doing it in a way that is breaking records and propelling his team to a level whereby they could conceivably win the Champions League with such a mediocre midfield and defence. In his first season in a new team. In a league where he was considered a flop.

Let that sink in. You'd think by reading through this that the guy is scoring tap ins every week and being carried by an assist machine like Özil.

Is this supposed to be a demonstration of elite technique?

Like @Trilly and @SomGooner said, he has elite movement, plays in counter attacking team and finishes chances. However, you're a mug if you think he's more technical than most of the boys in Spain or arguably the best attacking midfielders in this league. Same thing gets said about Bale but he was tiers above technically. As good as Salah is, it looks like his goals are more attributed to his form.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Salah seems to have that Suarez gene in him where he's technically not as good as many other footballers, but works his ass off to find space.

Would still take Suarez over him obviously, but he still reminds me of him. We'll see next season whether this season was a fluke or he's actually genuine quality. Wouldn't be the first striker to go mental for a season and then go back to mediocrity.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just out of interest how are you guys defining technique? Are you not seeing the way he's pulling those balls over the top out of the sky and not needing a second touch to steady himself before shooting??

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Salah seems to have that Suarez gene in him where his technically not as good as many other footballers, but works his ass off to find space.

Would still take Suarez over him obviously, but he still reminds me of him. We'll see next season whether this season was a fluke or he's actually genuine quality. Wouldn't be the first striker to go mental for a season and then go back to mediocrity.

Did you see his performances at Roma? :lol:

I get the feeling that his shocking treatment by Chelsea and the fact he isn't European or South American has half the people here lobotomised.

He's the real deal and you could see it from the moment he destroyed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with Basel.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Just out of interest how are you guys defining technique? Are you not seeing the way he's pulling those balls over the top out of the sky and not needing a second touch to steady himself before shooting??

Consistency. Some of Salah's goals have indeed looked pretty, but Giroud's top 5 goals is among the GOAT goal compilations :lol:

What separates players like RVP from Salah is how they strike the ball, how you could rely on them to never take a heavy touch etc. That doesn't mean Salah is bad, but goal scoring consistency tends to go hand in hand with technical brilliance. It's not about finishing 1 vs 1 chances, it scoring those extra 5-10 goals from situations you weren't expected to score that separates top strikers from others.

Mind, it's not the only difference. Suarez is an enigma, honestly, and that's why I compared Salah to him. If you were given a 2 minute compilation of Suarez and Neymar - with no prior knowledge - and asked to pick who you thought was the better footballer, you'd say Neymar. That's the Suarez gene I was talking about. He looks relatively unimpressive on the pitch but he gets the job done anyway by simply being smarter and working harder.

Did you see his performances at Roma? :lol:

I get the feeling that his shocking treatment by Chelsea and the fact he isn't European or South American has half the people here lobotomised.

He's the real deal and you could see it from the moment he destroyed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with Basel.

Salah didn't show anything near to his current Liverpool form at Roma. If he did, he wouldn't be playing for Liverpool right now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I wanted him before he left Basel and then when he was up for grabs at Chelsea. Didn't quite see this coming, but always rated what he offered.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Consistency. Some of Salah's goals have indeed looked pretty, but Giroud's top 5 goals is among the GOAT goal compilations :lol:

What separates players like RVP from Salah is how they strike the ball, how you could rely on them to never take a heavy touch etc. That doesn't mean Salah is bad, but goal scoring consistency tends to go hand in hand with technical brilliance. It's not about finishing 1 vs 1 chances, it scoring those extra 5-10 goals from situations you weren't expected to score that separates top strikers from others.

Mind, it's not the only difference. Suarez is an enigma, honestly, and that's why I compared Salah to him. If you were given a 2 minute compilation of Suarez and Neymar - with no prior knowledge - and asked to pick who you thought was the better footballer, you'd say Neymar. That's the Suarez gene I was talking about. He looks relatively unimpressive on the pitch but he gets the job done anyway by simply being smarter and working harder.

Salah didn't show anything near to his current Liverpool form at Roma. If he did, he wouldn't be playing for Liverpool right now.

But Kopp saw it and that’s why he now has player of the season in his team. You can fluke the odd game, you can’t fluke an entire season. Did Wenger see it? Did he fvck!

Aevi

Hale End FC
Come on, its not like he's being spoon fed goals. His first touch, pace, dribbling is absolutely devastating. He's kept up his form despite the departure of Coutinho and was playing similarly for Roma over the last two seasons. This is no Mahrez wonder season.

Rest of the big teams slept on him and at 25 he's justifiably world class.
I'm not trying to discredit Salah, he's a great player, but I do think the way Liverpool has played as a team is playing a huge role in his success. He isn't a particularly good finisher; I believe he has missed the most big chances in the league this season. He also often loses the ball and shoots off target, quite famously for FPL fans (as him losing the ball often frustratingly makes him lose out on bonus points).

Basically, I agree that he has some very good ability, but he's also a beneficiary of a system that suits him to a T.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
But Kopp saw it and that’s why he now has player of the season in his team. You can fluke the odd game, you can’t fluke an entire season. Did Wenger see it? Did he fvck!

Plenty of players have had seasons that turned out to be way above their average level. Just at Arsenal you had Adebayor, Nasri and Ramsey.

I'm not saying he will go down a level or two, just merely that one season simply isn't a big enough sample size. I highly doubt he'll drop down to single digit goals scored in the league, but at the same time there's no guarantee he'll get anywhere near 20 again.

Top Bottom