• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,207
  • Views 818,964

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What impresses me about Salah is his movement, two footed ability and excellent ability in tight space. There is no question he is an excellent player and is in world class form at the moment.

But we cannot ignore that Liverpool’s setup is geared towards his strengths. I would go on to say that you put any one as technically skilled a footballer in his position and you would see similar results.

The reason he doesn’t compare to Ronaldo, Messi and even Suarez is because these players lift the system and players around them more, not the other way round.

To be fair to Salah, many players are like that in the league. RVP, Hazard, Kane, etc.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I believe he’ll be better next season. He’s already much more efficient than the inbred at Sp**s, and will only get better especially once he learns to be more clinical.

No
I'm not trying to discredit Salah, he's a great player, but I do think the way Liverpool has played as a team is playing a huge role in his success. He isn't a particularly good finisher; I believe he has missed the most big chances in the league this season. He also often loses the ball and shoots off target, quite famously for FPL fans (as him losing the ball often frustratingly makes him lose out on bonus points).

Basically, I agree that he has some very good ability, but he's also a beneficiary of a system that suits him to a T.

So depressing that we dont have a system that plays a role in any of our players success.

BBF

But Kopp saw it and that’s why he now has player of the season in his team. You can fluke the odd game, you can’t fluke an entire season. Did Wenger see it? Did he fvck!

You what? Ramsey did it for whole season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You what? Ramsey did it for whole season.

Ramsey is still one of our best players, it’s not like he’s disappeared he’s just not scoring as much. Salah has shown a level of skill this season that won’t just go away. His touch, turns, dribbling, all high quality. He’s on 36 goals so far in all competitions and will probably reach 40. When did that last happen?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Plenty of players have had seasons that turned out to be way above their average level. Just at Arsenal you had Adebayor, Nasri and Ramsey.

I'm not saying he will go down a level or two, just merely that one season simply isn't a big enough sample size. I highly doubt he'll drop down to single digit goals scored in the league, but at the same time there's no guarantee he'll get anywhere near 20 again.

Ha, from someone who said Salah seems to have the Suarez gene. I seem to recall he continued his form season after season

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not trying to discredit Salah, he's a great player, but I do think the way Liverpool has played as a team is playing a huge role in his success. He isn't a particularly good finisher; I believe he has missed the most big chances in the league this season. He also often loses the ball and shoots off target, quite famously for FPL fans (as him losing the ball often frustratingly makes him lose out on bonus points).

Basically, I agree that he has some very good ability, but he's also a beneficiary of a system that suits him to a T.

While I agree with your overall assessment, I'm sorry but he's on course for 40 goals and you don't do that at this level if you are not a particularly good finisher.

He has 45% shooting accuracy. For comparison, Aguero has 44% and Kane has 41%. These are widely renowned as among the best finishers in the Premier League era So if he's not a particularly good finisher what are they?? Bonkers. Every striker loses the ball and shoots off target but what sets the best apart is their ability to not let it affect their game.

Aubameyang is among the most wasteful, but the thing that makes him so prolific is he doesn't let that affect him and he holds his nerve in the moments that matter most..

To @Dokaka's point about his form at Roma being nothing like Liverpool. Define form. He scored fewer goals and had fewer attempts yes but his all round influence in build up play was probably even more. Dzeko isn't as mobile as Firmino so there was less room for him to exploit but he still scored 30 goals over two seasons. This isn't a flash in the pan.

Back to @Aevius the main thing I'm drawing respectfully from your summary, which I don't entirely disagree with overall is he has room for improvement. This is not a Vardy season. He's 25 and barring injury will get better. Hopefully at somewhere like Bayern or PSG though.

Rodgers would have Liverpool competing for title this year easily with players like Salah on the form they are. Klopp has lot to prove still.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Henry used to miss a lot too , but they've got the ability to keep creating chances for themselves as time goes by he'll get more clinical . Be very interesting what he does next season .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But Kopp saw it and that’s why he now has player of the season in his team. You can fluke the odd game, you can’t fluke an entire season. Did Wenger see it? Did he fvck!
The history of football is littered with one season wonder strikers.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Salah to Real/Bayern this summer and Firmino next year.

However impressive Klopp is
In the end Liverpool just a feeder club .

Not Bayern, they wouldn't be paying that sort of fee for Salah that he would command. You would be talking well over 100 mill Euro now I think?

but yes, Liverpool for sure seem to be a selling club. Unfortuately Kloppo has to deal with that everywhere he goes! Gets players, helps makes them better, club sells them or they want to leave to go to bigger club / richer club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom