• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,080
  • Views 804,557

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
From what I've seen of Ox so far he was a lot better for Arsenal in his last season than his season at Liverpool in my opinion.

As a right wing back, at Arsenal he was possibly at the time one of the top 5 right backs/wing backs in the world, playing CM for Liverpool he isnt even top what 250?

I suppose he gets paid regardless but he should just accept it and either potentially become one of the best wing backs in world football or become an average centre mid.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's only been a couple of months but i'm already sick of the giddy positivity from Liverpool fans. They seem pretty certain they're getting Jorginho from Napoli and Thomas Lemar. If they actually got them and played them next to Keita behind their front 3 and got in another half decent CB, Jesus that's actually quite good. It's f*cking insufferable.

The saving grace is that i don't think their front 3 can produce such high quality over a whole league season, there'll be injuries etc, and I think they'll have trouble adding quality to play second fiddle to them. I mean it's Liverpool, so i'm betting that all the positivity will come crashing down at some point.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
"I don't think that point will help West Brom massively, it is a complete waste of points. They don't need it, we would have needed it," Klopp added.

"They are happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don't stay in the league - it is a strange situation."

"West Brom decided not to water the pitch at half-time and that makes it difficult," the German said.

"It makes a massive difference. A team like West Brom do not need a wet pitch, they can do it next year playing on a dry pitch in the Championship."

How incredibly disrespectful, the f*ck is his problem? They're completely safe in top 4 and play a f*cking CL semi-final this week, has he not heard the maxim of not punching down? Yes he loses control on the touchline but this is an interview after the game. He's a bit of a tw*t, if you ask me.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
"I don't think that point will help West Brom massively, it is a complete waste of points. They don't need it, we would have needed it," Klopp added.

Perhaps the FA can impose some sort of punishment on West Brom for stealing Liverpool's points?
Imagine still trying when you are at the bottom of the league, bastards!

He is just another Mourinho/Guardiola, a breath of fresh air before showing himself to be a complete bellend.

Love him or hate him it makes you realise how lucky we were to have a man with such class and decency for 22 years.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Perhaps the FA can impose some sort of punishment on West Brom for stealing Liverpool's points?
Imagine still trying when you are at the bottom of the league, bastards!

He is just another Mourinho/Guardiola, a breath of fresh air before showing himself to be a complete bellend.

Love him or hate him it makes you realise how lucky we were to have a man with such class and decency for 22 years.

Yep, whoever we hire there's no way there'll be as thoroughly decent as Wenger. We're gonna have to get used to just being like every other club.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Show some respect for West Brom's gargantuan effort, for God's sake. Then also that's what the Premier League is all about, relegation fodder playing out of their skin in the final weeks and smashing the top sides.

Klopp at his worse is a bloody *****.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Now he's been interviewed on Channel 4 bloody news as if he were Barack f*cking Obama. People talk about him as though he's some incredibly charming, urbane conversationalist. I don't really buy it. He's more interesting than Mark Hughes, yeah, but he's no Wenger.

It's alright, he's very in vogue right now but he'll have a fall some day and then everyone will feast on his ridiculous touchline antics.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
They stand a chance of catching City if they have another window on par with the last few (AOC being a possible exception for the price, though he's looked all right). Klopp's hit rate has been exceptional, especially given they've had a -30MM net spend during his tenure.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Now he's been interviewed on Channel 4 bloody news as if he were Barack f*cking Obama. People talk about him as though he's some incredibly charming, urbane conversationalist. I don't really buy it. He's more interesting than Mark Hughes, yeah, but he's no Wenger.

It's alright, he's very in vogue right now but he'll have a fall some day and then everyone will feast on his ridiculous touchline antics.

where have you been for the last 10 years :D People have been at him for that for ever.

He's calmed down a heck of a lot of the years, he used to be far worse, but he won't change completly, cos he can't. He is waht he is, like it or hate it.

Away from football there isn't a better man. He is class personified, intelligent, loyal, funny, compassionate.

Not going to turn this into Wenger - Klopp comparison vs class, but it does make me laugh seeing a couple comments about the class of Wenger and apparently Klopp having none. Shows how we as fans are I guess, as from the outside looking in, Wenger has been pillored for his excuses and behaviour over the years too.

Truth is - both are classy men away from the pitch, way above the likes of Mourinho.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Where do people stand in the 'get behind english clubs' vs 'if my team isn't winning it then nobody else can' debate?

I'm usually the latter but we're so far off competing that I've switched to the former. I genuinely want to see what reason they have for denying Salah the Balon D'or if Liverpool win the CL.

It also helps that Liverpool have already won the CL, I still have faint hopes of us being the next English club to win our first CL.

Reactions: A_G

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have watched Ox play a few times for Liverpool and all he has is few moments, there are many where he has no impact and you hardly hear of him and gets substituted early on.
Let's face it, if it was not for Salah for the most part carrying them he would be more under the microscope and ostensibly one of the go to's for the pool fans to vent at, his report should read could do more.

I think with due respect, some of you guys are missing the point.

He is playing a consistent and prominent role in much more functional and cohesive unit. At Arsenal players are far more autonomous and thus the ones who are yet to prove themselves are more exposed for poor decision making.

Ox is also a player who offers a significant amount to Liverpool through his aggressive closing down of space that forces errors for others to benefit and so you won't always notice what he's adding because it doesn't actually require him to be on the ball as much as at Arsenal. He doesn't have to be on the ball all the time because they get the ball to their forwards much quicker, he just needs to be effective when he is.

In a nutshell, the requirements he has to fulfil there are very different, and clearly not unsuccessful.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Where do people stand in the 'get behind english clubs' vs 'if my team isn't winning it then nobody else can' debate?

I'm usually the latter but we're so far off competing that I've switched to the former. I genuinely want to see what reason they have for denying Salah the Balon D'or if Liverpool win the CL.

It also helps that Liverpool have already won the CL, I still have faint hopes of us being the next English club to win our first CL.
I've actually supported Liverpool in their previous CL finals, wouldn't do that for Utd/Chelsea/Sp**s but they don't bother me as much. Them winning the CL would hurt only because of how far behind us they were just a few years ago, but I otherwise don't care.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've actually supported Liverpool in their previous CL finals, wouldn't do that for Utd/Chelsea/Sp**s but they don't bother me as much. Them winning the CL would hurt only because of how far behind us they were just a few years ago, but I otherwise don't care.
Don't want them to win it. I think that they've a massive platform for next season. Ox is much more settled, Van Dijk will have had a half season under his belt and a full pre season (courtesy of Holland failing to qualify for the Wc) they have Keita coming in which will be massive.

If they win the CL that just increases their already raised profile coupled with the above and cash to splash they are serious contenders for the league. I want their season to end with heart ache and despair.

Come and live in my country where every other person is a Liverpool fan and you might change your mind! :lol:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

God no, their supporters are intolerable (and have stupid accents), Klopp is showing himself to be a complete bellend and we will have to put up with that fat headed idiot telling us how much he's 'progressed'.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
That looked a real bad injury for Ox, I'll be surprised if he doesn't miss the World Cup. I don't want to pick holes in his season cos I've nothing against him really and he has had a good season. I can also see that he clearly fits Liverpool's style of play better than he did ours.

However, this does fall into the same pattern that he had here. He'd play really well, get injured and then take time to rediscover that form. I guarantee he'll be out for a good 6 months and he'll take ages to get back to where he was. In the meantime Naby Keita will have arrived and he might find there's a new kid on the block by the time he's fit.

I'd have absolutely nothing against Ox's good form and the praise he's gotten this season, if it wasn't for the fact that literally not a single person has managed to praise him without also making a thinly veiled dig at Arsenal.

Top Bottom