• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jussi Jääskeläinen

Lord Dula

Established Member
Did you know that Jaaskelainen has dropped the most amount of crosses in the Premiership during 2005?

Not what we need.

asajoseph

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Viera's been nothing special thus far at Villarreal.

He's been alright, in my oppinion, and certainly looks like a guy with potential. He'll take a bit of time to settle in, of course, but at Arsenal he would not have gone straight into the first team anyway, so it wouldn't have been as much of an issue.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical now. I guess we can all look forward to another succession of ****e keepers being linked with Arsenal again - Ricaro anyone?

asajoseph

Established Member
I wouldn't worry Prince, it looks to me like FansFC has today been catching up on all the stuff that went on over and around the Christmas break. There's nothing new here.

A

Anonymous

I remember just before we signed Poom there was a rumour of a last minute move for Andreas Isaksson. Has anyone heard any storys since or was it all bull ****e?

asajoseph

Established Member
Thank you Asterix, this thread would not have been complete without your contribution...

Just out of interest, how tall is Ricardo?

Asterix

Established Member
I'm not even going to bother .......

oh all right - he's 188cm. But I'm not going to add him to my list.

I still honeslty can't see anyone around at the moment who would be good enough to replace Jens, and who would be available.

Keepers like Jussi, and more so Shay Given (187cm), would be good, but not inspiring, replacements.

I'd like to see some good performances at the World Cup by Isaksson, Boruc and others, but I'd also be cautious about signing someone based on one good international tournament (Recber Rustu - 186cm - springs to mind).

Generally the goalkeeping stocks appear a little thin at the moment.

Lukazan

Established Member
Shay Given should be our target in the summer, Newcastle haven't offered him a new contract.

IMO, despite his size, he is by far and away the best keeper in the Premiership and one of the best in the world.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
i think that arsenal should go for sebastien frey. he has been in great form this season whilst on loan at fiorentina and arsenal have been reported long term admirers. and he is only 25 so he could be in the arsenal squad for the best part of a decade. or even christian abbiati arsenal were rumoured to be interested in him a couple of seasons back and he has been a more than capable replacement for the injured buffon this season.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom