• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: Live and Let Kai (Play CF)

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I just don't like Havertz I will be real. Of all players on the planet to give essentially a free role to score goals I'm forced to watch Havertz, f*ck Mikel man.
Doesn't even have to be him, in the summer I was happy to trade Xhaka for someone who would add goals and very little for the rest. Havertz ticks the box for doing very little in general little but doesn't score enough

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think he will beat that, but not by much. 15 ain't happening, but I expect 10.
I'd say if it's 10 they have to be match winning and game changing goals, just for someone who doesn't do much it feels a bit low. When he plays CF he is at least involved a bit more so it wouldn't be a big deal then

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
As stupid as it was to write him off after just a few games, it's just as stupid to think he's turned it all around now.

He must also show this performance against the best teams, not just against Luton.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For 12-15 PL goals per season, I would be happy with that
So play with a midfielder who is not doing midfielder job and just run to the box to score. This will lead to people blaming Ødegaard when teams realise mark him right and the midfield offers little creativity while havertz will get off without blame. He has to do more in general play if we gonna win the league

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I hate this guy but one thing I like is he probably has top 3 most irritating celebrations in world football.

🖐️😝🤚 can’t imagine how it makes the opp fans feel.

Synical

Thread tag predictor

As stupid as it was to write him off after just a few games, it's just as stupid to think he's turned it all around now.

He must also show this performance against the best teams, not just against Luton.
Yes, his cameo in the Wolves game was disappointing

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I hate this guy but one thing I like is he probably has top 3 most irritating celebrations in world football.

🖐️😝🤚 can’t imagine how it makes the opp fans feel.
guillermo del toro monster GIF

Reminds me of this nightmare-inducing monster from Pan’s Labyrinth.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He averages 6.3 per PL season for Chelsea, with a high of 8.

I think he will beat that, but not by much. 15 ain't happening, but I expect 10.

If he stays fit this season, I can see him hitting around 12-15 GA this season. 10 goals definitely IMO.

You can already see the patterns of play that targets him and his movement around the box. If you rewatch the Luton goals in particular, you see how his combination play with Jesus, gets him into goal scoring an assisting positions.

Legend14

Established Member
So play with a midfielder who is not doing midfielder job and just run to the box to score. This will lead to people blaming Ødegaard when teams realise mark him right and the midfield offers little creativity while havertz will get off without blame. He has to do more in general play if we gonna win the league

Seems Arteta starts him in the midfield, but he roams the entire field. I have no issues with this since he is starting to create problems for the opponent. A 6’4” roamer is a tough cover. He has enabled the long ball over the opponents compact midfield and the Saka far post cross as a weapon. Also, and most importantly to me, he makes the defensive effort, getting stuck in, winning balls jn the air, covering the proper spaces, and moving to space to relieve pressure.

Agree he is not a creative passer, and but I am good with the other attributes so far. Can’t have it all. Lets hope he continues to contribute in the final third in some way. If he does, and he continues to do the work, we will win the league in my opinion.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
If we recognize that, Kai's job (so far) is not what Xhaka's usual job for us, then there is no such who's better who's worse, because it is simply apple vs orange.

Like you said Kai can't do what Xhaka's good at, and vice versa; which means they are just simply two different types of players. They may take the same spot (left 8) but they have different usage and functions on the field.

It is all up to what Arteta wants his team to play, and how he set up the tactics.

Kai scored 4 this season so far, and wanting him to get 10 goals this season is reasonable.
However, it is kind of funny that, before his current form in the past 2-3 weeks, some said they want to see him getting Xhaka's number from last season to consider him not a flop.
Arteta has tweaked some tactics to fit havertz in.Jesus drops deep and he takes the centre forward role when defending.
Also havertz has won the most headers even more than gabriel and saliba
Personally i am not a big fan of him but he has shown some form in the last few games.Its might be with jesus dropping deep and havertz going forward with rice being the anchorman
He struggled because nketiah dint allow him to move forward

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Me too.

Worst celebration in the squad easily Martinelli. Guys a forward and every time he scores he looks like he has no ****ing idea what to do, hows that possible when you scored 15 in the league alone last season you nerd.
He always blows a kiss to his missus in the crowd at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom