• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: Live and Let Kai (Play CF)

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
zero goals, zero assists in a 6-0 drubbing he did almost nothing against a team that capitulated. At least Rice playing from deeper got a goal and an assist in this turkey shoot. Happy for Rice he has been unjustly blamed for prior creativity problems in midfield that have obviously been all Kai and Mik
Your boy Xhaka also had zero goal zero assist yesterday?

If you don't know what a team effort is, and enjoy a good win by the boys, just fxxk off

PrinzPoldi

Xhaka yesterday was sending some beauty balls around.
If you did watch the game, then you should know Kai could also have a couple of assists, but the win is far more important and he played his role well enough.

I thought he was pretty good. His positional versatility and ability to win duels throws the other team off balance and provides us with an outlet. I think he makes the team tougher to beat.

That being said, he's weirdly languid and his ball striking ability is weak. Is that something he can improve on by gaining muscle or with training? Is this a confidence issue? How quick is he when he sprints because he's always gliding at 80% it seems.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I thought he was pretty good. His positional versatility and ability to win duels throws the other team off balance and provides us with an outlet. I think he makes the team tougher to beat.

That being said, he's weirdly languid and his ball striking ability is weak. Is that something he can improve on by gaining muscle or with training? Is this a confidence issue? How quick is he when he sprints because he's always gliding at 80% it seems.

I think he has whatever fundamentals he has, those are not getting better. If he wasn't this dodgy mentality wise he could be a player, but alas...

Once you get used to him being more of a Fellaini and less of an Özil, the more you don't get disappointed by him and his massive wages.

VibalistDK

He's useful atm especially with our injuries.

Issue is that we probably need someone better than Havertz as that type of player, but we don't really have much choice till the transfer window.

we just need a better type of player but he will do for now

Are you forgetting this man was bought for 75m pounds and is on a gigantic salary? He is not some stop gap signing who is only here until we can get a better version of him, he is the player Arteta singled out for this specific role. If Arteta wanted someone else for that role, he would have either bought that someone else or waited until he became available. Havertz will be here next season, and Arteta will continue to play him just as much as he does now.

And for what it's worth, I think he will continue to improve.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Are you forgetting this man was bought for 75m pounds and is on a gigantic salary? He is not some stop gap signing who is only here until we can get a better version of him, he is the player Arteta singled out for this specific role. If Arteta wanted someone else for that role, he would have either bought that someone else or waited until he became available. Havertz will be here next season, and Arteta will continue to play him just as much as he does now.

And for what it's worth, I think he will continue to improve.
Of course I haven't forgotten his price and for the record, I didn't want him and I'm still not sold on him. However, I'm trying to be more open minded to players I don't really rate especially one that's only been here 5 minutes. I agree that he'll improve but he's not going to get forever to come good if Arteta finds a better player and has funds. In reality, we can't afford for him to fail

VibalistDK

Arteta is not going to spend more funds on a similar player. New transfer funds will go towards other positions and/or player types. We may go for a midfielder, but not one who replaces Havertz as much as adds another dimension to our overall game.

elemoo

Just out of interest, which players would we be able to get to do the job being asked of Arteta? As in tick all of the boxes that Havertz does for Arteta (football IQ, strength, read the game, solid defensively) but a better version?

Obviously we don’t need someone in the mould of Ødegaard who can make a pass and split defences or who are technically amazing etc. we already have those players.

There’s are things he’s not good at for sure and clear for most to see but for things he does do well, do we currently have anyone better in the squad?

Also noticed we tend to have more turnovers and possession with him in the team so it seems he balances the team when we need a different outlet bc we already have a silky technical players in pretty much every other attacker, but often when we need a different way of playing non of them give us that many different dimensions going forward or in defense.

All in all a great utility player to have around and can see his first season having more g/a than Jesus and Nketiah if he stays up top.

PrinzPoldi

Just out of interest, which players would we be able to get to do the job being asked of Arteta? As in tick all of the boxes that Havertz does for Arteta (football IQ, strength, read the game, solid defensively) but a better version?

Obviously we don’t need someone in the mould of Ødegaard who can make a pass and split defences or who are technically amazing etc. we already have those players.

There’s are things he’s not good at for sure and clear for most to see but for things he does do well, do we currently have anyone better in the squad?

Also noticed we tend to have more turnovers and possession with him in the team so it seems he balances the team when we need a different outlet bc we already have a silky technical players in pretty much every other attacker, but often when we need a different way of playing non of them give us that many different dimensions going forward or in defense.

All in all a great utility player to have around and can see his first season having more g/a than Jesus and Nketiah if he stays up top.
Some would just completely deny Arteta's managing skills and then saying his purchase of Kai and his tactics are just ****.

They will not give credit even when it is due.

picsou

useful job today tbh, won many duels and had soucek in his pocket. Attacking wise good runs but crosses just never arrived to him.

Still bit awkward offensively tbh

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
View attachment 21709

He can’t gaslight me
ypxplia9i36c1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom