• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Let's see what he does during this CL run. He has the experience and is a CL winner.

Havertz and Rice both seem to be the opposite of flat track bullies, look ok to good against poor opposition and much better against top opposition. Bodes well but I can't really wrap my head around it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Main annoying thing about having him (and Jorginho) despite playing well, is having to hear about his winning final goal now that the Champions League is back (and we are playing at the ground he scored it in) so ****ing much.

I definitely love seeing OUR manager on OUR website talk about a player winning trophies with Chelsea, really puts me in a good mood that 👍

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Player terribly, check.

But his mere presence just keeps making the commentators bring up Chelsea winning, check.

Useless as per, points for being a vegetarian though... though you lose those said points by taking it too far and being an annoying vegan 👍

elemoo

Right, the bare minimum for him is to donate this week earnings. Just shocking how some of these players faked their way to the top

This belongs in the Martinelli thread for the giveaway leading to the goal, bc pretty much everyone played just as bad - poor performance all around.

Shamrockian_gooner

I cannot see what he brings into the team. His control is poor, he gives the ball away easily, doesn't dribble at all. He's not a natural goal scorer or finisher even. He has height, but that isn't really utilised. He's just a nuisance player or just a nuisance. He's not going to make it with us, but Arteta keeps playing him because of the crazy wage and fee we paid. In terms of value for money, only Pepe was worse, and at least he scored a few goals.

elemoo

I cannot see what he brings into the team. His control is poor, he gives the ball away easily, doesn't dribble at all. He's not a natural goal scorer or finisher even. He has height, but that isn't really utilised. He's just a nuisance player or just a nuisance. He's not going to make it with us, but Arteta keeps playing him because of the crazy wage and fee we paid. In terms of value for money, only Pepe was worse, and at least he scored a few goals.

Did you watch our last few games where he has been heavily involved? If you haven't seen any games since Dubai then it's easy to understand why you don't see what he brings. But he was a big part of helping our other attacking players thrive.

Trust me, you wouldn't want ESR or Viera in his place when we are trying to control games or defend well. And when Jesus is out, you certainly want Havertz interchanging with Trossard and not Nketiah.

Poor performance last night but only Ødegaard was better out of our attacking players and I think those 2 + Rice looked like the only ones not scared by the occasion. He at least got in to way more dangerous positions than Saka or Martinelli, unfortunately we just didn't try to find him.

Everyone is well aware of his downsides, but things he does well, are the reasons Arteta wants him and thats the only thing that matters tbh. If he plays terrible lets just say it but moaning about the same thing as if its going to change is just counter productive imo.

Also a players salary/wage very often doesn't relate to performance, only the market and that's something we cannot blame Havertz for in any way.

jaystewart

With all due respect, I do not consider Neto better than Martinelli at all, and particularly wrt to finishing, stats prove me correct. I do not think Martinelly is currently realistically upgradable, if at all. In terms of being strictly better than him, for me, it's Vini and that's it. We need to work with him and the support he gets from others.
I think there are a quite lot of players better than Martinelli. Luis Diaz is one. I just don't know if they'd score as many as he did last year, though Martinelli isn't exactly replicating that form. I am not suprised we tried to sign Mudryk/Neto - we need another top quality player in that position because Martinelli is not reliable.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I think there are a quite lot of players better than Martinelli. Luis Diaz is one. I just don't know if they'd score as many as he did last year, though Martinelli isn't exactly replicating that form. I am not suprised we tried to sign Mudryk/Neto - we need another top quality player in that position because Martinelli is not reliable.

Disagree with all three mentioned, they are inferior to Martinelli for me, and possibly not similar enough in style either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom