• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

blaze_of_glory

I think Havertz has definitely been more effective as a CF than in midfield. Jesus has been in and out with injury all year so hasn't really been able to settle and get to his best imo. So not totally clear to me who is better for us in that position. But Jesus I think can also do a job on either wing and be more effective as a winger than Kai is at LCM.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Surely the entire point of Havertz as a player is that he doesn't have a traditional position, and can play multiple roles to a reasonable standard. Hell, for Saka's goal he occupies the zones of 2-3 different players in the same passage of play.

When he's been playing the more withdrawn recently, his position has been entirely dependent on what is happening. If they are looking to go long, he drops back alongside rice to win/challenge for the ball. If they play out from the back he presses or cuts off passing lanes between the thirds. When we have it he either goes long to create a target or comes short to provide a bounce pass. When Martinelli comes inside he goes wider. When our midfield is caught upfield, he covers back.

He allows us to keep our shape by adapting to what is going on around him
While we are seeing Ode dropping so deep (parallel to the CB) to get the ball and starting the build up there; we see Benny White starting to invert instead of our LB; we see Martinelli start cutting into middle and even the right side more and more, some still insist that Kai has to play like Xhaka and need to do more on the build up and forward pass etc.

Arteta evolved our football club and the way we played from last season so much.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Kai does deserve a lot of credit for his performance yesterday. He was really good overall.

The issue is, that simple missed chance from him early in the second half is easy to gloss over as we were 2-0 up and well on our way to battering Newcastle.

But if he does something similar against Man City when it's 0-0 for example, you can't really defend him, and you feel like there's a decent chance he would fluff it.
Yes his finishing is really weak at the moment. You never really feel confident he will put away any chance no matter how easy it seems to score, I'm hoping this gets better now he is starting to perform better.

But I do think we place too much importance on how clinical players are (something I notice I'm guilty of myself) when it has been proven that the best strikers aren't vastly more clinical but get more shots off and get into better goal scoring positions.

Earlier in the season we seemed to have a problem with scoring decent amount of goals, everyone including all pundits said we won't challenge without getting a clinical forward in. Apart from one or two games, our problem was we just weren't creating enough decent opportunities. The few decent opportunities we did create our forwards would snatch at it (something which always happens when you get very limited amount of big chances) and people would blame Jesus, Martinelli and Ødegaard for not being clinical enough.

Since the winter break we have started to create a lot of chances and guess what? We have absolutely no problem scoring bucket loads of goals....without having the clinical forward everyone was begging for. Which shows again the problem was chance creation.

Back to Kai, if he plays aswel as he did in this match and again scores 1 goal from the 2 big chances he had I will be pleased with him. No player scores from all their big chances. It is far more important we as a team and Havertz as an individual keep getting into these positions and we will be fine. We will be in trouble if we struggle to break teams down again and are then left to convert the one or two big chances we get, that is a recipe for disaster.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
His Motm performance he missed 2 really easy chances and cheated Martinelli of another assist the third or 4th for poor Martinelli this season by my count. Havertz was easily the worst player of the starting 11. By his exclusion from our midfield our buildup instantly improved by 100 percent. This is where the Mark Twain expression rings true, “ there are liars, damned liars, and statisticians. “ Post social media man look up who Mark Twain is.

His goal was easiest of 3 chances that literally my granny could score, if he cheated Martinelli out of that one I don’t know how he could look the man in the face. His assist was the equivalent of me handing Steph curry the ball from half court and Steph draining a 40 foot shot with 2 guys in his face and me claiming an assist. Saka was 95 percent if that goal, sometimes the pass is more important this wasn’t one of those times.

If Havertz never played this year we would be top of the league and he literally was the worst guy in starting 11 in comprehensive performance and AM can not stop w.nking to him. Mik is a cult leader not a football manager

Gooner_girl14

He's starting to play like the Havertz we saw in Bundesliga. No doubt he's more productive when he's playing false 9. He has 6 goals and 2 assists in the PL so far. Xhaka last season got 7 goals and 7 assists. Havertz looks like he'll probably match that or get close. Hopefully this continues, he's been very good lately. His movement for his goal was brilliant.

littleboysilva

I'm coming around to him just cause of the versatility but I'm still not fully convinced. In my ideal world, he's a backup both in midfield and upfront (hopefully with an elite striker next year). Weirdly, it seems like he's an intelligent runner and has a good sense of where to be but his touch and technique are mediocre. For some reason I had the opposite impression of him before he signed.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I've said it for a long time, but I think that Havertz gives us license to pair up with a shorter, more technical forward, who works in partnership with him.

Someone like Alvarez, someone like Mbappe, or better yet, a little bigger someone like Osimhen or Leao.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I actually think Havertz as CF & Trossard on his LCM position is great. These 2 ****ers find eachother in the game. Way better then Jesus - Havertz for me.

We haven’t seen Jesus behind Havertz yet - I think he does that role better than Trossard. He has better vision / technique.

Alas we may never see it though…

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We haven’t seen Jesus behind Havertz yet - I think he does that role better than Trossard. He has better vision / technique.

Alas we may never see it though…

Actually we have seen that combination already.

A good example of them linking up is in the Luton away game. They were combining really well there and were responsible for two of our goals as well.

Havertz-Trossard is more potent though, and would be my current number 1 pick out the two.

elemoo

I’m not
His Motm performance he missed 2 really easy chances and cheated Martinelli of another assist the third or 4th for poor Martinelli this season by my count. Havertz was easily the worst player of the starting 11. By his exclusion from our midfield our buildup instantly improved by 100 percent. This is where the Mark Twain expression rings true, “ there are liars, damned liars, and statisticians. “ Post social media man look up who Mark Twain is.

His goal was easiest of 3 chances that literally my granny could score, if he cheated Martinelli out of that one I don’t know how he could look the man in the face. His assist was the equivalent of me handing Steph curry the ball from half court and Steph draining a 40 foot shot with 2 guys in his face and me claiming an assist. Saka was 95 percent if that goal, sometimes the pass is more important this wasn’t one of those times.

If Havertz never played this year we would be top of the league and he literally was the worst guy in starting 11 in comprehensive performance and AM can not stop w.nking to him. Mik is a cult leader not a football manager

I’m not sure if you’re actually here for the bantz by trolling or not but am curious to confirm my suspicions

1. Outside of the missed goal, what rating would you give his most recent performance out of 10.

2. If we win the league by 1-2pts, would you consider his winning goal vs Brentford an important one (in game we otherwise don’t win)?

3. Who would you say provides the rest of our attack with more flexibility?

Fair analysis allows one to dislike a player whilst having the ability and maturity to accept when things are done well. But your posts often come across as if you genuinely believe that your opinion is the correct one,

Black Noir

Disagree. Long term Havertz isn’t the 9 we need. He can play different roles but isn’t a the guy . More of an off the striker player. But hardly any team play that Jesus at best is the winger/cf back up nowA and also isn’t a 9. Had enough changes . So Go get a striker and another midfielder, wide player , and right side CB. Then we will have depth in all positions.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Disagree. Long term Havertz isn’t the 9 we need. He can play different roles but isn’t a the guy . More of an off the striker player. But hardly any team play that Jesus at best is the winger/cf back up nowA and also isn’t a 9. Had enough changes . So Go get a striker and another midfielder, wide player , and right side CB. Then we will have depth in all positions.
He’s a long term 9 if we had a more polished LW, one who will provide goal threat. An Mbappe Salah type. Then he’d being a very useful no.9, our Firmino if you will.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I think saying 'Go and sign a 9' is lazy. Like who in world football? There's no RVP going spare these days. Most options available are worse than Jesus and Havertz

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Actually we have seen that combination already.

A good example of them linking up is in the Luton away game. They were combining really well there and were responsible for two of our goals as well.

Havertz-Trossard is more potent though, and would be my current number 1 pick out the two.
once again, Jorginho is not even in the calculation

Top Bottom