• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You will not find a better occasional starter with his technique and finishing skill for the price we paid and him being comfortable with that role.

Good bench players/spot starters are just as valuable as good starters, and not just financially.

Every championship winning team has them.
It's not about Trossard not being good enough for a rotational role. He is and I love him, and wanted him.

Arsenal is just starting to be at a very high squad level. Trossard doesn't fit any role very well, not winger, not midfield, not even false 9 with his height. So he is much more likely to be one of the next who exit, but likely not for next season yet.

He should still fetch a nice fee with the numbers he puts out in EPL.

elemoo

I’d 100% start him up top for the remainder of the season over literally anyone else in the squad. Don’t trust Jesus will be/stay 100% until next season, so it’s either on the wing or sub appearances imo.

CannonBals

It's not about Trossard not being good enough for a rotational role. He is and I love him, and wanted him.

Arsenal is just starting to be at a very high squad level. Trossard doesn't fit any role very well, not winger, not midfield, not even false 9 with his height. So he is much more likely to be one of the next who exit, but likely not for next season yet.

He should still fetch a nice fee with the numbers he puts out in EPL.

While I understand the point you are making but

Nketieh
Nelson
Viera
ESR
Jesus

These are the guys I would move before Trossard. Against Porto everyone raved at the Ødegaard pass and rightly so but the finish was also exquisite. He is always available and ok with the squad role and is only on 90k salary. He is useful.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It was a dive and some of us said it on the day, but we just have to be thankful that it didn't cost us.

We deserve it anyways as it makes up for the dodgy calls we've cried even harder about in the past, that's just how it works.

Love how you have been able to back Arsenal here, but also have a go at the fans at the same time...top stuff🤣

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The refs are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if after not giving the Trossard penalty, they thought not sending Kai off would "even things out" or something.

They are weird enough to do that!

drippin

The refs are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if after not giving the Trossard penalty, they thought not sending Kai off would "even things out" or something.

They are weird enough to do that!
Tbh I think that's how they should try to even things out. And would assume that's in part how they have done it earlier in different sports.

They should review their clear mistakes at half-time. Of course you can't anymore even things out from the 2nd half.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Love how you have been able to back Arsenal here, but also have a go at the fans at the same time...top stuff🤣

It’s an art. It was a tight game though and had that happened on the other end we’d have been livid.

The only thing I question was why the delayed article? It’s old news so there’s clearly an agenda.

drippin

While I understand the point you are making but

Nketieh
Nelson
Viera
ESR
Jesus

These are the guys I would move before Trossard. Against Porto everyone raved at the Ødegaard pass and rightly so but the finish was also exquisite. He is always available and ok with the squad role and is only on 90k salary. He is useful.
Jesus and Vieira will stay at least for a year, like Trossard likely.

ESR might also as Arteta gave him #10 and you can't get much money for him currently. They don't want to injure him again after so many problems which might be the reason he mostly trains currently.

If you notice, this conversation was when the poster suggested Arteta will upgrade Havertz before Trossard. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If you notice, this conversation was when the poster suggested Arteta will upgrade Havertz before Trossard. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Not ridiculous at all, as any #8 or #9 that gets signed and starts directly impacts his minutes. Cover players tend to survive for a while at Arsenal if you keep your head down.

You really see Arteta going through the summer without signing anybody in one of these positions?

drippin

Not ridiculous at all, as any #8 or #9 that gets signed and starts directly impacts his minutes. Cover players tend to survive for a while at Arsenal if you keep your head down.

You really see Arteta going through the summer without signing anybody in one of these positions?
You misunderstood the argument. Looks like you haven't read my posts on this forum about my transfer views if you ask me this.

The only point was that Havertz won't be upgraded like Trossard will in the coming years for a more fitting player, let's say Malen as an example that has been in the rumours.

This should be very clear to anyone apart from Havertz haters.

I always said Havertz will be a rotational player for CF & AMF in a title challenging team. He will compete with the new striker who will likely be about similar level.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You misunderstood the argument. Looks like you haven't read my posts on this forum about my transfer views if you ask me this.

The only point was that Havertz won't be upgraded like Trossard will in the coming years for a more fitting player, let's say Malen as an example that has been in the rumours.

Im part time atm so I have missed the post on your transfer views.

We’ve seen how Arteta is willing to spend a lot for marginal improvements so I don’t see why Havertz getting replaced is so ludicrous.

Havertz isn’t ideal as you make out, I think it’s more of a salvage job making the best of what we’ve been dealt and what he can offer.

fute

Havertz won't likely get replaced because he is handpicked by Arteta. That is how it works.

If it was the beginning of the season when he was stinking it up, maybe.

Now that he looks serviceable, likely not.

The vegan is here to stay.

drippin

We’ve seen how Arteta is willing to spend a lot for marginal improvements so I don’t see why Havertz getting replaced is so ludicrous.
Please read the earlier arguments before answering. It was about claiming Arsenal's best finisher Trossard will be replaced after Havertz.

It's ridiculous. You don't know Arteta or his squad planning at all if you claim that.

Trossard was an opportunistic plan B, Havertz big money young versatile target man.
Havertz isn’t ideal as you make out, I think it’s more of a salvage job making the best of what we’ve been dealt and what he can offer.
What do you mean?

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Please read the earlier arguments before answering. It was about claiming Arsenal's best finisher Trossard will be replaced after Havertz.

It's ridiculous. You don't know Arteta or his squad planning at all if you claim that.

Trossard was an opportunistic plan B, Havertz big money young versatile target man.

What do you mean?
I don't know Arteta so I have no idea what his plan is.

IMO, we either spend a huge amount of money to get a really good striker/LCM; otherwise, Kai will still be the player to start most of the games. I mean, really good signing.

All the names people mentioned here, a true standout is Osimhen, and he is going to cost 100m+.
Will we?
I guess not.
To put aside if Kai was handpicked by Arteta:
1/ we are not likely to spend another 200m in consecutive seasons
2/ we will have a list of players leaving
3/ Timber's future is unknown

If Arteta's football philosophy remains the same, our scoring relies on all attacking players but not ONE.
To keep everyone happy and spreading out our scoring (to Saka, Marti, Ode), getting an out and out striker probably not the most important transfer at this moment, and also need to consider if that player is intelligent enough other than scoring.

By my observation, if we do sign that 100m striker, the Kai will be the LCM.
If we sign another midfielder (CDM/CM), then Kai will rotate the striker position with Jesus.

Tross is the backup.

Anyway, it is just a wishful thinking that we will sign that 100m striker with another good midfielder like Zubi that will cost 50m+.

fute

Arteta is not itching to have a striker. It is the fanbase and most pundits who desire it.

He prefers to have a multipronged attack instead of relying on 1 guy to lead the bulk of the goals.

Makes it harder to defend, in theory.

If it were to be that 1 guy, he would want Kai to become it though.

PrinzPoldi

Arteta is not itching to have a striker. It is the fanbase and most pundits who desire it.

He prefers to have a multipronged attack instead of relying on 1 guy to lead the bulk of the goals.

Makes it harder to defend, in theory.

If it were to be that 1 guy, he would want Kai to become it though.
If it were to be that 1 guy, he would not buy Kai in the beginning.

fute

If it were to be that 1 guy, he would not buy Kai in the beginning.

Ironically, he bought Kai not to be that guy.

Now he has him in that role. If Kai becomes that guy, then Arteta still looks good despite his miscalculation. A bargain for an elite striker, turning Kai into an elite player who was deemed a bust and everyone thought Arteta was crazy for signing? What dumb luck that would be.

PrinzPoldi

Ironically, he bought Kai not to be that guy.

Now he has him in that role. If Kai becomes that guy, then Arteta still looks good despite his miscalculation. A bargain for an elite striker, turning Kai into an elite player who was deemed a bust and everyone thought Arteta was crazy for signing? What dumb luck that would be.
Of course Kai was not that guy, never was.

No way an "elite" striker would just cost 65m.

But you are correct, Arteta was lucky that he found another way to utilize him.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom