• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Guess it depends on who was available/finances at the time?

We have certainly upgraded on him this season with Timber but he's been injured all season sh!t happens bro.
Holding was sold for 4 million easily upgradeable even on a free transfer or loan or 15-20 million. He didn’t do it, and destroyed two seasons and a league title because Tomiyasu was literally our entire defensive bench. And he is always hurt. Reckless squad construction

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
obviously the club has a different timeline and plan than your wishful thinking.

everything takes time, and getting rid of players (and reinforce) is not as easy as you think.

for you, switching formation and to play whoever in whatever position is as easy as playing football manager. In reality, it is just far different than you suggested.

You just created your own timeline and scenario that only you believe it will work.
White is a better CB or Rob Holding? Why did he switch to back three earlier this year with a healthy Gabriel and Saliba but wouldn’t do it to save us from Holding last year? He bottled it last year everyone was down, and his decisions caused us to finish second in a two horse race after having a big lead

CannonBals

Kai has played 8 of the last 10 games for us as a striker. He’s scored 7 and assisted 5 in that period of time.

These are top striker numbers, if he can continue this we will not be signing a striker.

And its just not against bottom half teams. Chelsea Sp**s Newcastle Brighton he has score against these teams.

Honestly I am happy with Havertz as starting CF going into next season. What I am not ok with is Jesus as backup. Injury prone and cast score for his life. Need a good capable young ST.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
At the end of the day, in the game vs Villa which we lost (in which the title is in our hands), Havertz could have put the game to bed in the first half and did not. We lost the game and are now begging for City to drop points which is unlikely. Congrats for the 4th peat.

At the Alliaz, he barely put a dent on De Ligt and Dier = knocked out UCL

That's two massive games in a space of a week, during the business end of the season.

Arteta will put him back in to midfield sooner or later (one of the reasons why we dropped 16+ points in the first 20 games of the season) as that is why he signed him as @Macho has posted several Athletic articles on this thread and one of the key reasons why we signed Rice so we could play two 10's with Rice as the lone 6.

Don't forget his anonymous performance vs Porto away as a midfielder.

In any case, if we wish to win major trophies then Havertz would have to be a squad player, not as a starting Midfielder or a starting Striker.

Don't forget we were knocked out in the F.A cup at the Emirates because of Havertz woeful finishing.

CannonBals

At the end of the day, in the game vs Villa which we lost (in which the title is in our hands), Havertz could have put the game to bed in the first half and did not. We lost the game and are now begging for City to drop points which is unlikely. Congrats for the 4th peat.

That's two massive games in a space of a week, during the business end of the season.

Arteta will put him back in to midfield sooner or later (one of the reasons why we dropped 16+ points in the first 20 games of the season) as that is why he signed him as @Macho has posted several Athletic articles on this thread and one of the key reasons why we signed Rice so we could play two 10's with Rice as the lone 6.

In any case, if we wish to win major trophies then Havertz would have to be a squad player, not as a starting Midfielder or a starting Striker.

Don't forget we were knocked out in the F.A cup at the Emirates because of Havertz woeful finishing.

Haaland is probably the best striker in the world currently. And his list of bad games or games he was nowhere to be seen would be much bigger (this is just for ST, i don't rate Havertz as a midfielder).

Also while he may have been signed as a midfielder recently most article in The Athletic says that there has been a realisation after his performance in ST. Arteta himself said as much when he said sometimes player decides where he plays.

Also Havertz shot conversation rate is 20%+ which is very good so this narrative that he is a bad finisher should die. (Jesus is 7% that there is a bad finisher)

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Bukayo Saka missed a penalty last season against West Ham to kill the game.

Martinelli has been terrible this season and missed an easy pass to win the match against Liverpool away last season.

Mod edit: can you stop antagonizing people?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Why are scapegoating at this point? Go give your head a shake!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You win as a team and you lose as a team.

I would say that every one of our main starting 11 have been above average this season ( If you view Trossard as our LW over Martinelli)

Even the players that are almost universally rated by Arsenal fans, Saka, Saliba, Rice have had poor games and stinker moments. If they'd have played better in those games / moments maybe we'd have a couple more points. No point in dwelling on it though.

Kai has missed a few good chances, strikers do. He's also scored some very important and difficult goals.

jaystewart

Mbappe barely made a dent on Dortmund last night. The fact you are pinning the blame of getting knocked out of tournaments on Havertz shows your dislike of him is blinding your judgement.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
My slight worry about Kai is that we change how we play again next year and revert a bit to some of the suffer ball we had at the beginning of this season.

His confidence was just built back up from nothing, and I don't want to go through that process again if we sign a starting cf.

He is just too expensive to be a rotation option, same as Jesus.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
What's the great thing about Havertz as a false 9 that might not have been mentioned, is his stamina.

Well of course stamina has been mentioned, but my point is that when he drops deeper, holds the ball and gives it to wings for example, then he is still able to make those runs with his speed and arrive to the box either on time, or with a late run. This is something that Lacazette could not do in his later years, and he wasn't a target man either.

He can also be very tricky with the ball when he has confidence. For example against Tottenham before his goal I think, he was in the center circle against two players. He took the ball with a small touch, basically giving him just enough time to bounce the ball over the next guy, and Arsenal got the attack which resulted in a corner and a goal.

Sta-mi-na-mi-na eh ehhhhh

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yh can't underestimate the social side of football. Can really bond players and build more cohesive performances.

He's been really good lately. Initially, I liked his signing, but began losing faith around November. Since January, he's been one of our best players, growing in confidence every week and links well with others. I still think we need a new striker come the summer, but due to Kais form; that doesn't have to be an elite expensive signing.
So he had no friends at Chelsea because everyone was too cool for him. At Arsenal he found similar nerds and he is blossoming. That’s actually beautiful

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

@El Duderino was it you who said I’m antagonising? Didn’t I just make a point about other players who have made mistakes? Forgive me, forgot the last sentence you took away. So unsure what I need to change going forward. Cheers!

Makavelii

I’m high on Kai at the moment.

8 free play goals and 5 assists in the last 11 games. And he contributes substantially to generally play. What a monster.

If he can keep up anywhere close to this form, then we don’t need a striker.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom