• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: Skaifall

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Legend14

Established Member
I have very clearly said Havertz needs at least 6 months to properly judge him, while all players coming from other leagues should get at least 12 months. Take note of the word properly.

This is because Havertz is learning back to midfield position, which is also different than the AMF position he played at Leverkusen years back, because it's Arteta's LCM role. Not coming to a new league, so he is already adjusted in that sense. So 6 months looks like okay time frame.

I think it's very fair to give him more than a few games before proclaiming he is a flop or something. It's not that hard to understand how much different it's to play striker in horrible Chelsea tactics last year vs. LCM in Arteta's tactics.

Why compare to Quaresma, who is also a winger? His problems were not similar as Havertz, who mostly has confidence problems as far as I know?

And there you go, ending it as knowing it was a **** transfer already. There was no one else with a similar profile on the market who was EPL proven/adjusted. Arteta wanted a target man, and likely wants another to the striker role in the future.
6 months is arbitrary. The areas in which he needs to improve are not system related.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He'll never be an undisputed starter, just can't see it happening.

All this talk about adaptation period is bull, he played in this league for three years and scored the winner in a CL final. That's more than any other player in the squad has done, he should have walked into the dressing room on day one like he owned the place. He just doesn't have it in him.

perth gooner

I'm so relieved Arteta didn't develop any funny ideas in his NLD game plan, and kept Kai away from the starting line up today. Otherwise this would have crushed all confidence in the team.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Need him now more than ever. Fabio The Machinist Vieira isn’t built for certain matchups.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It's frustrating because everyone knew he'd play like **** and now when he does you just wish to punch him in the face but it's not his fault, but Edu's and Arteta's actually.

You have a miryad of left 8s too choose from this buying market and you opt for the only guy from the list that you kinda feel will 100% play worse than the player you're replacing. Not to mention the lack of balls to actually play the game.

To be honest he doesn't even look like a footballer.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's frustrating because everyone knew he'd play like **** and now when he does you just wish to punch him in the face but it's not his fault, but Edu's and Arteta's actually.

You have a miryad of left 8s too choose from this buying market and you opt for the only guy from the list that you kinda feel will 100% play worse than the player you're replacing. Not to mention the lack of balls to actually play the game.
I was just happy to see Xhaka go, on paper I was expecting this guy to add goals from midfield but it ain't gonna happen.

As much as I hate Xhaka, we've managed to spend £65M to be worse than we were

REWB

Thought he was good? When he came on he held the ball up well and brought others into the game. Should have started instad of Fabio Silva.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Should have bought Xavi Simons in the summer. Was the most obvious transfer to make. Can cover multiple positions too.

Rattata

Very poor from him after coming on. I backed this signing because I believed in Arteta to turn him around but he isn't even showing glimpses so far. If he doesn't improve the best we can do is probably to lump him up top and hope it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom