• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: Skaifall

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he’s easily an upgrade on xhaka tbh… I don’t even think his final year at Arsenal was as good as Kai’s first year will be.
Great trolling. Even I almost fell for this.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can't even make a direct comparison between Xhaka and Havertz because the role Havertz currently has is different. In general contributions to the team he's not even close to Xhaka, but if you're comparing on doing what Xhaka did in his role it can't be really made directly.

You can't even make a direct comparison between Xhaka and Havertz because the role Havertz currently has is different. In general contributions to the team he's not even close to Xhaka, but if you're comparing on doing what Xhaka did in his role it can't be really made directly.

Think people can compare if they want to although I wouldn't, while roles are different Kai is still occupying the spot Xhaka had in the team.

Last year's midfield was out of this world good but this time we have different dynamics with different profiles and I feel we have struggled so far to find the right balance but I'm glad with what Rice has done and if Havertz can keep popping up with goals then that is something to look forward too.

elemoo

Great trolling. Even I almost fell for this.

Lol yet you weren’t able to make your case for this to be untrue? Figures. I mean the The season isn’t even at the halfway point and I predict Kai will have a better output the Xhaka’s last year with us

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
It is amazing how two goals release the complains about his game. But he was bad this game. No aggression in his play, and so f*cking relaxed.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He lost the ball immediately after coming on and it gave Wolves enough of a boost to eventually find a goal. That was in a situation where the game was suited to Martinelli as well

Weird sub that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It is amazing how two goals release the complains about his game. But he was bad this game. No aggression in his play, and so f*cking relaxed.
Really not enough minutes to do something most the team was relaxed at that point he done very well in Trossard chance

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The doubling up of our wingers could be a blessing in disguise for Harvetz. If Saka can't beat his man, he can simply just whip those wicked balls to the far post and Harvetz can feast on them, that's if he's in the mood. As it is already, teams underrate him and don't pay special attention to him. He could use that to this advantage and ghost into the back post and finish of those crosses.

Failing that, I don't see how he'll be useful. Can't play as a midfielder. He's one less passing option in the middle during build up cos his teammates know he's not gonna do anything with ball but pass it to the nearest man.

Pls Oxeki I beg

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
did you guys notice the difference of Trossard in two halves (before moving to LW replacing Martinelli)?

the left 8 was more alive when we were playing the free flowing attacking football. Trossard had a lot of touches and shot attempts.
When we switched back to possession based football in second half, Trossard played like what Kai used to play this position. Static, running into space, waiting for teammates' passing, less touches, less flair and more direct (one time pass).

This is how the left 8 will be played if we slow down the tempo of the game.

It is not about how good or bad Kai/Trossard for this position, it is more what Arteta wants from this position.

elemoo

In terms of output statistically, apart from his final year, Xhaka wasn’t that good, would need to wait till the seasons over to compare numbers of course. Out of curiosity what is it you think Xhaka offered that Haverts doesn’t?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

In terms of output statistically, apart from his final year, Xhaka wasn’t that good, would need to wait till the seasons over to compare numbers of course. Out of curiosity what is it you think Xhaka offered that Haverts doesn’t?
I never rated Xhaka but Havertz is bad in build up. He is not nearly the passer that Xhaka was. Midfielder quality is not just measured in goals. Xhaka was a good passer and good in build up. By the way I think Xhaka was an easy player to
upgrade on; but we failed miserably and gave Chelsea 65 million pound and are paying a million a month for a guy who kills our build up. He isn’t a good enough passer to be a midfielder on this team

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Lol yet you weren’t able to make your case for this to be untrue? Figures. I mean the The season isn’t even at the halfway point and I predict Kai will have a better output the Xhaka’s last year with us
If the frontline stays at full health the rest of way then I think he could get close

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Within two minutes of coming on, he loses the ball from a one-man press and jogs back to try and correct the error. I'm happy that Kai got his goals, but this is why I'll never see him as a midfielder. He is way too lax in key moments.

elemoo

I never rated Xhaka but Havertz is bad in build up. He is not nearly the passer that Xhaka was. Midfielder quality is not just measured in goals. Xhaka was a good passer and good in build up. By the way I think Xhaka was an easy player to
upgrade on; but we failed miserably and gave Chelsea 65 million pound and are paying a million a month for a guy who kills our build up. He isn’t a good enough passer to be a midfielder on this team

Fair enough if that’s your take. I don’t think Xhaka was better at build up play at all bar his purple patch last season. The previous 4 years were not very good imo.

Think Havertz is better technically, stronger in the air, anticipates play better and opens up space for others with his off the ball movement. Even yday in his cameo he as able to break up play using strength and anticipation to a very good pass to Ode (which should’ve lead to a goal from Eddie).

Granted he has lot the ball at times in offensive moments but this season I would say the same for Ode.

People like to say it’s a waste of money yet why is it no-one is able to mention 5 players we could realistically get (not who are simply are better players) for lees money who can do the job Arteta is asking (more controlling and is able to be strong defensively off the ball) and is versatile enough to cover for both, injuries and more importantly provide a plan B during games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom