• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
This guy has great footballing IQ. If we're looking to replace Ramsey with a player of somewhat similar qualities, Havertz is a great shout. He has good all-around ability and has the added benefit of being more naturally acclimatized to the #10 role Ramsey currently occupies. He's a better dribbler and plays some good balls between the lines. I like this.

I do question though if Havertz can translate his abilities to our higher level, playing as a #10 at a big club holds a lot of responsibility and pressure. I'm also unsure, if he were a #10 here, where that'd leave Özil. I don't really like him out wide.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The guy had 4 goals 6 assists in 24 games Bundesliga when he was only 17 years old. He going go cost so much money if any team want i won't be surprised Leverkusen ask for 50M

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
His idol is Özil by the way.

Would say it's really unrealistic. He isn't a real winger and i can't believe so much on a player type like him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Getting Havertz would be a sign of intent from the ‘new Arsenal’. Very special talent, reminds me of Dele Alli actually. Easier said than done though, lots of clubs want him and he’s Leverkusen’s prized jewel.

Impact

Established Member
Big fan of Havertz. Marries his strong technical ability with a solid frame (even if he is still becoming accustomed to his physique). Can press from the front, can score and assist. Link play is impressive and is also dangerous in transition.

Would be good forward planning to bring him in with Özil soon to be the wrong side of 30. Only concern is that signing him means we are wedded to the 4-2-3-1 system going forward because I can't see him fitting naturally as either an interior or wide forward.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Big fan of Havertz. Marries his strong technical ability with a solid frame (even if he is still becoming accustomed to his physique). Can press from the front, can score and assist. Link play is impressive and is also dangerous in transition.

Would be good forward planning to bring him in with Özil soon to be the wrong side of 30. Only concern is that signing him means we are wedded to the 4-2-3-1 system going forward because I can't see him fitting naturally as either an interior or wide forward.
Looks like he'd play where Ramsey has been playing as the 10. Shouldn't be a problem to accommodate a talent like that.

Impact

Established Member
Looks like he'd play where Ramsey has been playing as the 10. Shouldn't be a problem to accommodate a talent like that.

Yeah, I understand that. My point is that if we are bringing in a 19 year-old #10 it means long-term we want to play with that system and I personally am not a huge fan of the 4-2-3-1. I also think if Ramsey leaves, Özil will move back to #10 and Havertz will be his back-up/successor instead of inheriting a starting place.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah, I understand that. My point is that if we are bringing in a 19 year-old #10 it means long-term we want to play with that system and I personally am not a huge fan of the 4-2-3-1. I also think if Ramsey leaves, Özil will move back to #10 and Havertz will be his back-up/successor instead of inheriting a starting place.
I mean you can play with a 10 in a bunch of different formations. Emery just played 4-4-2 last weekend so it's not really an indication of anything other than the club being proactive in trying to sign what appears to be a great young talent. It doesn't mean we're wedded to anything definitively. Emery played 4-3-3 at times as PSG so while he has a preferred formation he has also shown that he's willing and able to adapt around the personnel he has. He'll find and do what works which is much more easily achieved with great talent like this kid appears to possess.

Impact

Established Member
I mean you can play with a 10 in a bunch of different formations. Emery just played 4-4-2 last weekend so it's not really an indication of anything other than the club being proactive in trying to sign what appears to be a great young talent. It doesn't mean we're wedded to anything definitively. Emery played 4-3-3 at times as PSG so while he has a preferred formation he has also shown that he's willing and able to adapt around the personnel he has. He'll find and do what works which is much more easily achieved with great talent like this kid appears to possess.

Sure you can but Emery prefers 4-2-3-1 (everyone knows this) and that means no matter what other systems we employ, 4-2-3-1 will be frequent. I don't think it is a good system in the modern game but if Emery can make it successful, I am all for it. Also, it's often reported that PSG players forced Emery's hand in moving to the 4-3-3.

I get the point about great talent but it's equally important to buy talent that fits a philosophy/system. Seems like we are doing that with Mislintat. I just disagree with the system chosen. Like I said though, if we are successful, my disdain for 4-2-3-1 will soon dissipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom