• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
So much young talent out there at the minute and its great we're being linked with some very talented players but I'm not sure where we fit this guy in. We already have Özil, Mkhi, Iwobi and Smith-Rowe that can all play as a 10, plus we've been experimenting with 442 recently.

Think there are a lot more positions we should be looking at first.

Ndombele, Pepe and Wan-Bissaka are three players I would really want at the club.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
By the way, up till now, Havertz is the fastest player in the Bundesliga, so even though acceleration might be even more important, he is much better suited to quick counter-attacking football than Ramsey is

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So much young talent out there at the minute and its great we're being linked with some very talented players but I'm not sure where we fit this guy in. We already have Özil, Mkhi, Iwobi and Smith-Rowe that can all play as a 10, plus we've been experimenting with 442 recently.

Think there are a lot more positions we should be looking at first.

Ndombele, Pepe and Wan-Bissaka are three players I would really want at the club.

If only Wan-Bissaka were a left back, it’d be perfect. Ndombele though would be very cool, he’d allow us to play a real 4-3-3, think he’d suit the PL very well too.

No idea what’s going on with recruitment, but I’m optimistic about it. We have one of the best scouts, an experienced negotiator and presumably money coming in from new commercial deals. I’m confident we’ll make some good transfers. Fingers crossed for Pavard though, that’s who I really want.

HBL

Established Member
If only Wan-Bissaka were a left back, it’d be perfect. Ndombele though would be very cool, he’d allow us to play a real 4-3-3, think he’d suit the PL very well too.

No idea what’s going on with recruitment, but I’m optimistic about it. We have one of the best scouts, an experienced negotiator and presumably money coming in from new commercial deals. I’m confident we’ll make some good transfers. Fingers crossed for Pavard though, that’s who I really want.

Yeah I really like Pavard, it will hard to get him though, Bayern will probably spend big in January. There are plenty of cb's out there, particularly in Germany and Italy so I'm confident we'll get one in the next two windows.

Ndombele is a special talent, I would hate to see him playing for Sp**s/city. We could even get away with torreira/ndombele playing as a two as they both cover so much ground and torreira has unbelievable spatial awareness in the defensive third.

As for Wan-Bissaka, I'm still not convinced by Bellerin; unlike most on here it seems. Maybe there has been an improvement this season but I don't think it's as big as some on here are portraying. Wan-Bissaka is good defensively and completes a very high number of tackles, whilst he is more than capable going forward. Anyway, who knows what will happen but I don't think we should rule out signing a full back in either side because they're so important in the modern game and an area we probably need to strengthen when you compare them to our rivals full backs.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Personally, I want us to move away from having a no.10. Its pointless. But if this kid given his physique, technical ability and finishing efficiency, can be developed into a striker or central midfielder I'd take that chance. Or if Emery can turn him into a attacking midfielding central and wide no.10 aerially dominant ball winning striker I'd love it.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Elite talent but we‘ll have competition from Bayern if Leverkusen and Havertz decide to part ways. Wouldn‘t get my hopes up.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah I really like Pavard, it will hard to get him though, Bayern will probably spend big in January. There are plenty of cb's out there, particularly in Germany and Italy so I'm confident we'll get one in the next two windows.

Ndombele is a special talent, I would hate to see him playing for Sp**s/city. We could even get away with torreira/ndombele playing as a two as they both cover so much ground and torreira has unbelievable spatial awareness in the defensive third.

As for Wan-Bissaka, I'm still not convinced by Bellerin; unlike most on here it seems. Maybe there has been an improvement this season but I don't think it's as big as some on here are portraying. Wan-Bissaka is good defensively and completes a very high number of tackles, whilst he is more than capable going forward. Anyway, who knows what will happen but I don't think we should rule out signing a full back in either side because they're so important in the modern game and an area we probably need to strengthen when you compare them to our rivals full backs.
If he were German I'd be more concerned. He'll have other suitors offering bigger wages than Bayern and frankly I'm not sure playing for Bayern/in Munich is really a big draw to non Germans. He could go to PSG, be in virtually the same situation in terms of having a pretty easy path to league titles and the chance to be competitive in the CL but on double the wages in his home country. The only way I see Bayern getting him is if no other big club comes in with a serious offer or if he's more enamored with Germany than anyone has heard.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Papers literally guessing at the moment. Oh Mslintat is there, he must want to buy young german players. Oh Arsenal were linked to Dembele, Sarr is young and has a similar build, they must be looking at him too.

Havertz is the exact kind of player we don't need. Doesn't have a nailed on position and isn't very good defensively. He is also slow. A winger is the priority other than a left back or centre back. I am pretty confident AMN will play his way into the team just like Iwobi did.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Personally I don't get what Dele Alli actually is and I can't remember a single game where I've seen him play that well. He looks good at certain moments and completely average at others. I think his output is down to Pochettino's system they play. Its complicated to gauge the actual individual quality of their players outside this admittedly very well drilled system. With Alli I get the feeling he'll look ordinary outside of it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You don't rate Alli?!

He doesn't look great but he just keeps providing end product at an elite rate for a player of his age, imo you have no choice but to rate players like that. They turn out great more often that not.

Agree with @L3T5 PL4Y I think he’s helped out massively by that Sp**s system. All I know is I’ve seen him in two international tournaments when his creativity was relied on and he was woeful both times out. He didn’t look like he could make a pass or control the ball in Euro 2016.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Agree with @L3T5 PL4Y I think he’s helped out massively by that Sp**s system. All I know is I’ve seen him in two international tournaments when his creativity was relied on and he was woeful both times out. He didn’t look like he could make a pass or control the ball in Euro 2016.
Yeah he is helped out by the Sp**s system, he's yet another positionless midfielder with some very useful attributes and Poch utilises that well. To put it crudely Alli and Eriksen almost combine to form a top no10, together they cross off all the attributes required.

England on the other hand try to get all of those attrubutes out of just Alli. He's an awful playmaker and not that creative either.

But back to what Alli does have, 44 league goals/assists in his last two seasons, and he's only 22. That's impressive regardless of all those things @L3T5 PL4Y said (and I do agree with a lot of it). I just think you have to respect those numbers from a player as young as he is.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Sp**s fans were absolutely howling during the World Cup when Aly Wagner said on Fox that Loftus-Cheek was more of a playmaker than Dele Alli. They got all butthurt over that, but it's true. Different sorts of players. Alli is basically a poor man's Aaron Ramsey.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I like the look of him, but we would struggle to fit him in the squad currently.

It would be good to groom a long term replacement for Özil, preferably one that is not a pure #10 who can work in a midfield three.

However, if we were to spend so much on Havertz I think the logical move would be to sell Mkhitaryan (who I like by the way). This would make sense in the long-term as both our #10 options are aging. Would be quite a radical move though and only makes sense in terms of squad balance if we also buy a winger.

Also, the question remains what would become of ESR. I love the Ajax philosophy of promoting from within and he shows the potential. If we believe in him we don't need Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom