• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Oh my god, I hadn't noticed he was that good on the ball. Screw experience if Benatia and his injury risk is too big a deal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Here's the article:
Arsenal are interested in Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly after Arsène Wenger made centre-back and striker his transfer priorities following the £30 million signing of Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach.

Koulibaly, who is a 24-year-old Senegal international, is also among Chelsea and Manchester United’s potential targets but Arsenal intend to strengthen at centre-back following mixed performances last season from Per Mertesacker and Gabriel. Mertesacker has only one more year remaining on his contract while Arsenal will be conscious that Laurent Koscielny, who is the clear first choice central defender, is now also into his 30s.

The need for a new striker has been compounded by Danny Welbeck’s knee injury and Arsenal’s leading target is still Juventus forward Alvaro Morata. The 23-year-old had a £23 million buy-back clause inserted in his contract when he left Juventus for Real Madrid and so is expected to re-join Madrid before then being made available.

Arsenal are also following Vincent Janssen at AZ Alkmaar but Wenger has been interested in Morata for several years and, although he has never scored 15 club goals in a season, believes that he would be ideally suited to Arsenal. Koulibaly would cost around £20 million and, like Xhaka, any deal for Morata would be likely to exceed £30 million with add-ons.

Arsenal are also tracking several young British players, including Bolton defender Rob Holding, Celtic left back Kieran Tierney and Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon. There will almost certainly also be departures this summer, with Kieran Gibbs expected to leave and Theo Walcott, David Ospina and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain likely to seek assurances about their probable involvement next season. Jack Wilshere, Mesut Özil and Alexis Sanchez will also hold contract talks.

The arrival of Xhaka, though, is an indicator that Wenger is preparing to reach deeply into transfer fund this summer of around £75 million ahead of what is the final year of contract. “I like the style of football in the Premier League,” said Xhaka. “It’s aggressive. It’s not like other countries. English football is a fight. I like that but Arsenal can also play football. In Germany you can play aggressively but the referee will always blow his whistle, but in England that’s not the case. That’s better for me.

“It’s in my head that I am a leader. When I was younger, even though I had a big brother, my parents would give me the house key every day. Captaining Monchengladbach was very good for me.”
Typical Wilson/Cross piece that starts with a link to one player and ends up talking about something completely different.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

They must just copy and paste a lot of the same paragraphs into every different article that they write in regards to Arsenals transfer activity. :lol:

Reactions: A_G

AVENTUS

What the actual **** did I just watch :eek:
This guy is ****ing insane. He looks like the prototype of any defender.
I have never seen such a big player running that fast.
He looks like Diaby or Toure when he starts to run across the field. He ****ing even did some nasty tricks and is obviously good on the ball.
Even his build-up play looks very solid.
Only thing that worried me were his endless high risk sliding tackles at the beginning - looks good when it works out but otherwise we have 100 red cards here :lol:

You should not have made me watch this - now I cannot stand the thought of missing out :confused:

Looks excellent in that Video I have to admit. Don't watch much Itilian football never heard of him before now.

AVENTUS

Interesting quotation from Wikipedia.

Football legend and former Napoli star Diego Maradonaheaped praise on the Senegalese centre back claiming "he is the best defender in the Serie A" and "if he was white, he'd be playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona!"

http://www.football365.com/news/maradona-real-would-sign-koulibaly-if-he-was-white

Bit racist ain't it "if he was White" some of the greatest players to ever grace the pitch for Real Or Barca have been black.

Dinho, Carlos to name a few

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't want, too old. Year after this he will be 188 and before you know it he is 190 and we'll have to give him a contract extension because he is best mates with Xhaka.
:lol::lol::lol: Choking on a popsicle, well done mate.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if this info from Wilson and Cross was given to them by the same guy who told them Wanyama was our no.1 midfield target? Sami Mokbel will have this up on the Daily Mail by tomorrow.

Impact

Established Member
Recommended him in the Wish-list a while back.

Think he has a lot of the tools needed to make it at the highest level.

Here are a couple compilations that show his strengths:

africe

I wonder if this info from Wilson and Cross was given to them by the same guy who told them Wanyama was our no.1 midfield target? Sami Mokbel will have this up on the Daily Mail by tomorrow.
To be fair to Wilson, I'm pretty sure the Wanyama links were a solo venture by Crossy :lol:

Reactions: A_G

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
To be fair to Wilson, I'm pretty sure the Wanyama links were a solo venture by Crossy :lol:

You may be right. Cross ran with the no.1 target stuff :lol:, i think Wilson might have said we were watching him and Carvalho with a view to a summer move.

say yes

forum master baiter
Willing to bet we won't be signing either this guy or Morata. Wilson and Cross know **** all.

State of transfer journalism in this country is embarrassing. Wayne Gooney probably had a better hit rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom