• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Is he actually good at the basics? We've seen units like Lovren and Mangala come over before and be lacking in basic areas.

Don't like spending big money on CB's either fwiw. It's all about organisation and work as a unit.

Jones and Smalling for example have looked quality unsurprisingly in a Mourinho system. Can you imagine how banter they'd be in ours though?

Quality is a bit strong. They’ve looked ok. Jones is good but injury prone, Smalling is pretty poor. De Gea the obvious mvp.

Expect United to invest heavily in their defence again this summer.

Hope we go for this guy and another (Evans / manolas / adelweireld / anyone). Even if only one of them works out, that’ll be one more decent CB than we’ve got at the moment.

Sick of watching our current * in defence.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Quality is a bit strong. They’ve looked ok. Jones is good but injury prone, Smalling is pretty poor. De Gea the obvious mvp.

Expect United to invest heavily in their defence again this summer.

Hope we go for this guy and another (Evans / manolas / adelweireld / anyone). Even if only one of them works out, that’ll be one more decent CB than we’ve got at the moment.

Sick of watching our current * in defence.
We need to suck it up and dole out that marginal ~10MM for that extra bit of quality that means we don’t have to replace the purchase in 2 years after he inevitably underperforms. Mustafi at 35 is terrible business if he’s gonna sit on the bench for a 45 guy a few years later (after dragging down the starting 11 for a season or two).

Aevi

Hale End FC

"Kalidou Koulibaly is among those to have been watched."

Just one line thrown in there, sounds pretty meaningless to me.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Koulibaly reminds me of Mustafi; wins a large amount of tackles, interceptions and aerial duels but is very prone to making costly errors.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Koulibaly reminds me of Mustafi; wins a large amount of tackles, interceptions and aerial duels but is very prone to making costly errors.

Mustafi:

Aerial duels: 4.5
Tackles: 2.4
Interceptions: 2.1

Koulibaly:

Aerial duels: 1.7
Tackles: 1.6
Interceptions: 1.1

Nothing alike mate.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Mustafi:

Aerial duels: 4.5
Tackles: 2.4
Interceptions: 2.1

Koulibaly:

Aerial duels: 1.7
Tackles: 1.6
Interceptions: 1.1

Nothing alike mate.
Stats show were either **** as a team or Mustafi is a world beater

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Koulibaly isn't so much similar to Mustafi as a good compliment to him. He'd probably stay back a bit more and play the Van Dijk role. Cannot for the life of me envisage us actually getting him though, he's the most sought-after defender in Europe ffs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Koulibaly isn't so much similar to Mustafi as a good compliment to him. He'd probably stay back a bit more and play the Van Dijk role. Cannot for the life of me envisage us actually getting him though, he's the most sought-after defender in Europe ffs.

Nobody is getting him unless they pay above VVD money. This thread is 2 years old, even then it seemed unrealistic.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Koulibaly, does he stay back now? Haven't seen much of him in the last few months but when I used to see him play he was always bombing forward Pique style!

al-Ustaadh

Koulibaly, does he stay back now? Haven't seen much of him in the last few months but when I used to see him play he was always bombing forward Pique style!
Still does.

Edit: I honestly think he can play defensive midfield for us, that's how good on the ball he is. He can also make seriously powerful runs from deep.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Still does.

Edit: I honestly think he can play defensive midfield for us, that's how good on the ball he is. He can also make seriously powerful runs from deep.

I remember a few times when watching him he would literally bomb past the midfield and end up near the striker before play had even caught up, was actually quite funny to watch it.

Malky

Established Member
" Koulibaly is one that has been watched "

Ends up buying Jonny Evans for £3M. That's the Arsenal we know.

Seriously though, we ****ed our chance of signing a player like this when we failed to win the Europa, can't see us getting him without Champions league.

al-Ustaadh

" Koulibaly is one that has been watched "

Ends up buying Jonny Evans for £3M. That's the Arsenal we know.

Seriously though, we ****ed our chance of signing a player like this when we failed to win the Europa, can't see us getting him without Champions league.
Only way you get a player of his caliber is by selling them a project... And I don't see Kroenke investing enough money to really develop a project.

1CK1S

Too damn expensive, but we really need a player like him. To me he could be our equivalent to VvD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom