• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Wilson is the worst for me. Every transfer article just reads like a quick list of every shady link doing the rounds on forums or twitter, etc. Always couched in language like "are believed to be monitoring," or "are understood to be interested in."

Offers nothing of substance ever.

africe

Wilson is the worst for me. Every transfer article just reads like a quick list of every shady link doing the rounds on forums or twitter, etc. Always couched in language like "are believed to be monitoring," or "are understood to be interested in."

Offers nothing of substance ever.
The strangest thing is that he somehow manages to retain a reputation of being reliable. I'm more inclined to trust golfing journos on Arsenal than him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Benatia seems the likeliest CB we'll sign if we do get one, the French journalist who said we were making a bid this week also said Liverpool had agreed a 25m Euro deal with Bayern for Gotze, and in tomorrow's Kicker they say Liverpool and Bayern agreed a deal for that sum but Gotze turned Liverpool down on Monday.

Benatia is the target and Arsenal are trolling Cross with Koulibaly I reckon.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The strangest thing is that he somehow manages to retain a reputation of being reliable. I'm more inclined to trust golfing journos on Arsenal than him.

Probably because he works for The Telegraph. If half the **** he writes was printed in The Sun he'd be ignored. We see the same phenomena with Kike. An exotic creature from a far and distant land who writes for a respectable paper in Spain so he must be a bit reliable, yet he tweets as much ****e as all the Spanish tabloids and manages to keep a reputation of being reliable.

Sykes

This has got to be a dream. I never thought we'd be in for him. Well he's going to be cheaper than Manolas as he has a low buy out clause.
Either he, Manolas or Benatia would be great. Let's hope Senegal don't qualify for afcon.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Koulibaly is OP like nobody else. He makes strikers look weak and pathetic. Would love him here, but him and Koscielny would be a bit too similar in playing style. He's the anti-mertesacker.
nah man, he can pass way better than Koz and is silky smooth on the ball - he's a younger, faster, more powerful Mertesacker.

Emin-

I don't want to be a downer, but he is not the kind of defender that we need. I prefer manolas tbh. I've seen this guy playing maybe 20 times in person ( back when he was in Belgium ). Back then he wasn't that good and a lot of people were suprised that Napoli came for him. Granted, I haven't seen him play much in Italy, but from the games I have seen it seems I'm honestly not that impressed..

BobP

Memri Fan
Does anybody remember Souleymane Diawara? Koulibaly reminds me of him. Very aggressive, strong, quick, and willing to take the game on, in terms of passing and dribbling.

He's the type of defender who succeeds at Arsenal? Because he's bigger, stronger and faster than his opponents meaning his success is down to the fact that he simply overwhelms his opponents. In a sense, he'd a fire extinguisher, like Koscielny.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bit racist ain't it "if he was White" some of the greatest players to ever grace the pitch for Real Or Barca have been black.

Dinho, Carlos to name a few

They're not black though , it's bit hard to explain . There's reason Makalele left the Bernabeu .

Kanonier

This guy looks impressive as ****! He's like a Mertesacker but with pace and a great touch of the ball. Would love to have him as a Gunner!

dysphoria

Established Member
We won't get him.

Why?

Because he's strong, extremely fast, very hard to be in the air and his presence of mind is quick too, i've watched a few games this season of napoli(because of higuain) and i remember seeing koulibaly stopping plenty of juve's attacks time and time again via slide tackles that reminded me of vieira's tackling, they always seem to get the ball off opponents before the opponent falls. Nah, he's exactly the kind of defender we need so, i doubt we'll get him, we'll probably end up with a couple of french traffic cones.

Taxi Driver

He looks really, really good in season highlight videos (the fact that these have been to taken with a grain of salt notwithstanding). Really good with the ball and would perfectly supplement Kos.

So yeah, we're not getting him.

:lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We won't get him.

Why?

Because he's strong, extremely fast, very hard to be in the air and his presence of mind is quick too, i've watched a few games this season of napoli(because of higuain) and i remember seeing koulibaly stopping plenty of juve's attacks time and time again via slide tackles that reminded me of vieira's tackling, they always seem to get the ball off opponents before the opponent falls. Nah, he's exactly the kind of defender we need so, i doubt we'll get him, we'll probably end up with a couple of french traffic cones.
:(:mad:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

There will be a big battle to sign him, would be utterly shocked if we managed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom