• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that shouldn't be happening seeing as neither of them are in the CL. We should have a bigger pull than them this summer. I'd be very disappointed if we managed to let them bully us over transfer targets.

I agree, but if the rumours are true and both of them are in for him, I can't see us out bidding them.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well that shouldn't be happening seeing as neither of them are in the CL. We should have a bigger pull than them this summer. I'd be very disappointed if we managed to let them bully us over transfer targets.

I reckon we could get this guy if we are in for him , that is if he's got a clause otherwise we will struggle with the Napoli owner.

Maxim

Koulibaly vs Arsenal defenders this season.

First thing that jumps out is he's a far more prolific passer than the other 3. His relatively low number of clearances vs high number of passes forward indicate that he's more than comfortable passing it out from the back.

Wins a lot of tackles, though he enters more, and worryingly gives away a lot of fouls and is picking up a very high amount of yellow cards - probably as a result of this (0 reds though - showing composure there).

wWTdNOT.jpg

Last edited:

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed

First thing that jumps out is he's a far more prolific passer than the other 3. His relatively low number of clearances vs high number of passes forward indicate that he's more than comfortable passing it out from the back.

Wins a lot of tackles, though he enters more, and worryingly is picking up a very high amount of yellow cards - probably as a result of this.

wWTdNOT.jpg

Absolute beast.

Would compliment Kos so well, looking at these stats reinforces that hunch.

optimus

Yes, yes and yes. He is so much better for us than Manolas/Benatia. If we get him we will finally have that physical presence and some players that will inject fear in our opponents, buying Xhaka and him is like having Campbell and Viera again. Tired of seeing a squad without real steel. Add Morata and we have a team for everything. Hopefully Wenger is aware that next season will be one of the toughest and will break the bank.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Impressed that Kos as done better in the air than this guy

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Probably the most unanimously wanted player in AM history.

Heard he's been doing the business over in Italy but I'd gotten the impression he was too good for us.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
If we managed to snap him up, we'd have zero issues with ball circulation from the back of midfield with now Xhaka also here.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Wins a lot of tackles, though he enters more, and worryingly gives away a lot of fouls and is picking up a very high amount of yellow cards - probably as a result of this (0 reds though - showing composure there).

wWTdNOT.jpg
looks like a perfect partner for Koz.

Kysus

comparing stats of defenders from a different league playing in a completely different system like that is very flawed.
you can't just say "more passes = more prolific passer" when a lot of it is probably due to the slower pace of serie a where teams sit deeper and give CBs far more time on the ball.

same goes for tackles as a lot of it is due to tactics. for example a team who is very proactively pressing back high when losing the ball will have far higher tackling numbers for all their players than the team who is more passive and rather retreats back into shape.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If this guy came we wouldnt need a lb lol he covers very well. I dont think two left footers would work though tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom