• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatwad

Re: Karim Benzema!

what next? a sensational bid for ribery.

jeez these tabloids sure know how to rile people up during the silly season.

Raider

Established Member

Shadow Moses said:
Raider said:
Adebayor >>> Benzema

( Seriously )

and I thought I was tipsy

I rate the big Togo hitman more so than Benzema.

A forbidden fruit looks more tempting. You prize towards and alternative, and you see the bowl of goodness you have already as " just not good enough ".

Give me an Ade over Benzema every day of the week. Even though I don't exactly like him.

Floating

Established Member

Benzema is one of the most overrated players in Europe. He's been utter cack in every single game he's played for France. He's still a good talent, but not on the same level as Aguero, Dzeko, or Pato.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

floating said:
Benzema is one of the most overrated players in Europe. He's been utter cack in every single game he's played for France. He's still a good talent, but not on the same level as Aguero, Dzeko, or Pato.

I just spit water on my keyboard.

Raider

Established Member

Nah. Hes a quality player. Absolute top quality player.

Wouldn't want us spending 30m on him when there are porblems else where in the starting 11.

Anzac

Established Member

Raider said:
Nah. Hes a quality player. Absolute top quality player.

Wouldn't want us spending 30m on him when there are porblems else where in the starting 11.

And there's the crux of the matter - perhaps part of AW's plan is to change our dynamics in the forward line - would make sense if he's going to change things to make us more dynamic & fluid. He's always seemed more at ease dealing with the attack as opposed to the defence.

outlaw_member

Established Member

NWgunner said:
I don't buy into his hype either... he's never excelled at the top level (international). Really can't see it, and don't particularly want him either.

floating said:
Benzema is one of the most overrated players in Europe. He's been utter cack in every single game he's played for France.

Neither has Henry or Trezeguet, but your not going to tell me that they weren't worthy of a place in our side. The French National Team sucks, and that's coming from a French fan. Domenech can and will make any player look ****...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

outlaw_member said:
floating said:
Benzema is one of the most overrated players in Europe. He's been utter cack in every single game he's played for France.

Neither has Henry or Trezeguet,

?????????????

Henry 48 goals in 111 games
Trez 34 goals in 71 games

Benzema 6 goals in 24 games

Asterix

Established Member

NWgunner said:
THIS is from the Times? I'm very surpised. Seems tenuous.

Surely you've seen Blackadder - "The Times really has gone downhill lately"

The Times is less reliable than the Guardian or BBC. Their headline recently read "Milan close in on Adebayor" when in fact the story just said Milan would consider Ade or Luis Fabiano if they didn't get Dzeko.

run

On the pitch, I can't really call it between Ade and Benzema. On his day, Ade is unstoppable...the problem is that his off field ego is affecting his on-field performance; so his days aren't coming around as often as they should.

Can Wenger reign in Ade? If so, we should keep him...if not I think he's worth at least as much as Benzema on the open market.

Anzac

Established Member

General consensus from most ManUre supporters at work is that it's not 'IF' Benzema will join them, but 'WHEN' - just the same in regards to Real & Ronaldo or Cesc & Barca. They reckon we've missed our chance & should have done more to get him previously.

baccy_man

Established Member

as soon as i heard that we were prepared to sell Ade i wanted us to use the money to get Benzema,
would like to see this go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom