• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: Karim Benzema!

On the face of it, £30m would seem out of Arsenal's range. But the Arsenal board have approved up to £40m on new signings this summer and the sale of Adebayor would boost the transfer pot

Slightly different note from the £13m we'd been reading about last month, eh?

Kraig

Established Member

i expected better of a paper like the times. guess it shouldnt surprise me when there are so few headlines. this is just as likely to happen as the ribery transfer.

no chance!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Silly season has begun. I'm sure benzema has said in the past that the only two teams he would leave Lyon for are Barca and Madrid. Would expect Barca to make a bid if e'too leaves.

NWgunner

outlaw_member said:
Neither has Henry or Trezeguet, but your not going to tell me that they weren't worthy of a place in our side. The French National Team sucks, and that's coming from a French fan. Domenech can and will make any player look s**t...

As has been said, Henry and Trezeguet have both done well at international level. I'm not saying Benzema's ****, I'm just saying he has a lot to prove before he can be put into the same bracket as Aguero, Pato etc. He hasn't scored goals consistently at the highest level, only the French League. And you also have to remember, excepting this season, Lyon consistently won Ligue 1 while he was banging them in for them. I'm not saying him playing for the best team in the league for a good number of years is the ONLY reason he scored consistently, but if you put Zamora up front for United, he'll score more.

Sol man

I have to admit this one makes more sense (if we sell Ade)than the Ribery story, but I just can't help but think the guy will want to wait till next year (after or before the world cup) as he will have offers from the biggest clubs in europe who can offer him a ridiculous pay package.

Raider

Established Member

If this comes off. I'd run around the streets naked for the next 24 hours.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Breaking news on skysportsnews is that Barca claim man city have made a 'stratospheric offer' to Samuel Eto'o

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Let me guess, Pato, Ibrahimovic and Drogba will be out next targets.
I guess idiots (they are officially called journalists, but ones that wrote **** like this are not journalists) are really mad they can't figure out what is AW really doing and they know he is doing something, so they write absolute ****!

progman07

Established Member

To be honest Benzema is a lesser name and player than Arshavin, so in terms of 'big names' we could sign him, but Wenger wouldn't spend so much on one single player.

Anzac

Established Member

lagos said:
TEvez, Robinho, Etoo, Santa Cruz, Barry, this is no joke!

They aren't stopping there = they've already indicated they are interested in Lescott.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

Not saying this is true in any stretch of the imagination.

However, Man City have as much chance to get the 4th spot as we do. No doubt that this year will be a good one for them. OK, they will not be winning the title ... but neither will we (as we stand). Villa will be just as strong and Everton also.

It is not a case of playing better and getting 1st or second and forget about the fight for 4th ... 4th is our best level at the moment and we all know it.

So what are AW and the board going to do about it? Buy or die?

Goonereagle

Just gotta hope City's news players' egos get in the way of their success.

The thing is with Benzema is Man U have shed loads of cash, and it could come down to the player--who do HE want to play for.

Having Wenger and some french lads could help us, but he'd be as good as promised first team football by the Mancs and in reality, to the non Gooner, the odds favour the Mancs. (City would probably hijack that bid just for a laugh.)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

All rumours will only be made possible if we sell Ade.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

I remember USArsenal said last summer he will eat his shirt with ketchup if we sign Arshavin. We signed him and he did it :D
So USArsenal are You really to take one for the team again?
But let's start with somebody more likely first, like dunno Melo (?) and then upgrade :D

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

im not gonna waste clothes on Melo or a credible CM link..

If we sign either Benzema or Ribery (the most unlikely of targets), i will pour some A1 sauce on my shoe and take a big bite..

Double_H

Established Member

USArsenal said:
im not gonna waste clothes on Melo or a credible CM link..

If we sign either Benzema or Ribery (the most unlikely of targets), i will pour some A1 sauce on my shoe and take a big bite..

Thats the Spirit :lol:

Raider said:
If this comes off. I'd run around the streets naked for the next 24 hours.

you must take some pictures ;)

anymore bets?

Thommybhoy

Established Member

That's the spirit :D

Also:
ESPN and Francefootball wrote about Benzema coming here??!!
<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.francefootball.fr%2FFF%2Fbreves2009%2F20090628_131820_benzema-finalement-a-arsenal.html&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... ory_state0</a>
I'm officially confused now :)

qs

Established Member

If Ade goes his replacement needs to be in this bracket of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom