• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kasper Schmeichel

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nah, he was in the team 3 years before I was. Know a few people who've played with him though, never heard a bad word said about him.

You've cut the flowing locks Doks ?
Interesting because Kasper seems to know Wenger personally .

burnsjed

Established Member
to me this would make more sense if he was coming in as cover, but that would still leave us without the World Class keeper that many are crying out for.

mm76

Yer Da
i'd find it hard to like him - firstly because his dad was a Moan Utd c**t and secondly i think he has the same annoying arrogance - still he gives a s**t and would have a go a the back four and wake them up a bit

Malky

Established Member
If Szczesny isn't coming back then I would be happy with Schmeichel. If its between him, Butland and Pickford then Schmeichel should be the choice. Pickford is still very raw but looks very talented and Butland, as good as he is, has missed a full season through injury.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This guy has improved so much in the last 2-3 years, it's insane. Just won Danish POTY for the 2nd year in a row, which is quite a feat for a keeper obviously. I would love to see him at Arsenal. He's easily good enough, in his prime and shouldn't cost a fortune. The guy also sorts out a defense. Leicester's defense fell apart whenever he didn't play, was really crazy to see.

i'd find it hard to like him - firstly because his dad was a Moan Utd c**t and secondly i think he has the same annoying arrogance - still he gives a s**t and would have a go a the back four and wake them up a bit

You need to be arrogant as a keeper. It's the same with strikers. If you let mistakes get to you, you're done.

His dad was the best keeper in football history. I actually can't stand Peter as a person, but he was an unreal shot-stopper, a vocal leader at the back and made less mistakes than I have fingers in his entire Man Utd career.

BobP

Memri Fan
This guy has improved so much in the last 2-3 years, it's insane. Just won Danish POTY for the 2nd year in a row, which is quite a feat for a keeper obviously. I would love to see him at Arsenal. He's easily good enough, in his prime and shouldn't cost a fortune. The guy also sorts out a defense. Leicester's defense fell apart whenever he didn't play, was really crazy to see.

You need to be arrogant as a keeper. It's the same with strikers. If you let mistakes get to you, you're done.

His dad was the best keeper in football history. I actually can't stand Peter as a person, but he was an unreal shot-stopper, a vocal leader at the back and made less mistakes than I have fingers in his entire Man Utd career.

Agree with your thoughts on what it takes to be a keeper.

I always think back to the talent Lukasz Fabianski had but whenever he made a mistake his head always dropped and he lost that crucial focus.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Agree with @Dokaka . His career had some serious turnarounds.

After having some promising performances for ManCity, his form tailed off and he was out of the radar. He ended up at 3-4th tier with Notts County as one of Sven's projects.

But then his comeback with Leicester and ending up a champion was quite a feat.

Would love to have him here as a Cech replacement.

Impact

Established Member
@Dokaka - I get Ospina vibes with Kasper. Excellent shot-stopper but not so dominant aerially. Am I right? How does he get on given his average height for a keeper?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
@Dokaka - I get Ospina vibes with Kasper. Excellent shot-stopper but not so dominant aerially. Am I right? How does he get on given his average height for a keeper?

He's much better than Ospina in the fundamentals department, ie. coming out on corners etc. I never really thought about his lack of height before this thread, so I guess that's an indication that it's not an issue? :lol: He's also a true leader at the back, which is something you certainly can't say about Ospina or even Cech.

Underrated distributer from deep with his throws as well. He was fundamental in Leicesters counter-attacking game last season.

mm76

Yer Da

yes sure, you won't get any argumetn from me on that

and as i said Kasper would certainly be a start in terms of having leaders on the pitch and wake people up a bit - we'd have to hope none of the CL qualifying teams went in for him though - the best we'll have to offer is Thursday nights in Middleofnowhereistan...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wanted Kasper to replace Woj before we signed Cech (tho I didn't think we could get Cech at the time) back at the back end of the 14/15 season.

He's certainly a very solid keeper, doesn't everything very well and of course is a title winner.

African Flair

I mean we could very well use a goalie that wins CL games by his own.

Love the quote from Giroud on that article in op. :lol::lol:

Top Bottom