• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kasper Schmeichel

Aevi

Hale End FC
I wanted Kasper to replace Woj before we signed Cech (tho I didn't think we could get Cech at the time) back at the back end of the 14/15 season.

He's certainly a very solid keeper, doesn't everything very well and of course is a title winner.

May 14, 2015:
He's been excellent for Leicester recently, not on upgrade on either Szczesny or Ospina though.

giphy.gif

Jm89

Typical wenger so signing not actually addressing the problem of obtain a world class keeper, average club average ambitions with signings like this.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Typical wenger so signing not actually addressing the problem of obtain a world class keeper, average club average ambitions with signings like this.

How many genuine WC keepers are there? Neuer, DDG, Courtois, Donnarumma, Oblak and Buffon are the only ones at present in my opinion. I mean the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, City, Liverpool, PSG and Dortmund are all without a WC keeper.

Bringing in Kasper who has probably been one of the top 5 keepers in the league in the past 2 seasons wouldn't be a bad signing considering how much Cech's performance this season has dramatically declined in standard.

Saying that I would "love it" if we did sign Donnauramma.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Unless Szczesny is on bad terms or Roma plan to sign him just see no point in spending 10-20m & a large contract getting one of these keepers mentioned.

Feel it may surprise a few the level of clubs in for Szczesny if we let him go.... Not many keepers outside the big five that have his performance, experience & age profile.

Malky

Established Member
How many genuine WC keepers are there? Neuer, DDG, Courtois, Donnarumma, Oblak and Buffon are the only ones at present in my opinion. I mean the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, City, Liverpool, PSG and Dortmund are all without a WC keeper.

Saying that I would "love it" if we did sign Donnauramma.

Donnarumma or Oblak is a dream signing, we'd need to break our transfer record to sign one of them. Real Madrid will try and sign De Gea or Courtois this summer and (Chelsea or United) will probably be lining up one of them as the replacment. City will also, no doubt, be in for a new number 1.
Schmeichel could be a solid signing here, he's been one of th best keepers in the league, only De Gea, Courtois and Lloris have been better than him.
Butland (risky with a year long injury) Pickford, Leno, Lafont, Perrin are other keepers we should be looking at.

@Garrincha Seen a rumour doing the rounds that Szczesny won't be intrested in an Arsenal return if Wenger extends his deal here, and instead will look at a permanent move to Roma.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
@Garrincha Seen a rumour doing the rounds that Szczesny won't be intrested in an Arsenal return if Wenger extends his deal here, and instead will look at a permanent move to Roma.

I could see that being an issue blocking his return with how it ended. Doubt Roma match his wages though with the Brazil #1 on the bench & other areas to address.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Butland (risky with a year long injury) Pickford, Leno, Lafont, Perrin are other keepers we should be looking at.

I don't know much about Lafont and Perrin would be a massive gamble with his ACL problem that require more than 1 surgery, but the other 3 are young goalkeepers who would make much better signings than Schmeichel.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I rate Pickford highly, I'd take him above Schmeichel but Kasper is in his prime right now so wouldn't be too disappointed with him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom