• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

keep kanu and wiltord??

dynasty

what if we keep them both for another year and then we let ali and bentley go on loan???
cus when i look back, i always thought both played solid... so its unfair to see them go..i like them as players..

Kanu was a big part of our inter milan sucess...
and wiltord has helped with goals in the past

thegame24

Established Member
Yea i agree.

Getting rid of them with no replacement is silly IMO.

Ali and Bentley ar not up for it.

beaney

with a combined total of 7 goals this season and a wage bill in excess of £70,000 a week i dont think it makes sense to keep them.

if anything id keep wiltord, he is more flexible for our team.

thegame24

Established Member
I think Kanu is going to take a pay cut, and wiltord would probably accept 2 years instead of 4

asajoseph

Established Member
It's not a case of getting rid of them, it's a case of them deciding to leave because Arsène Wenger will not offer them anything more than bench positions at best. We can do better than them for their 70 grand wages... They WILL leave, without a doubt.

asajoseph

Established Member
Oh, and one final thing, who's to say they haven't left already, being free to discuss a contract with another club since january, they may well have already aggreed to leave, but keep quiet about it until the end of the season to avoid causing unrest in the dressing room...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Beaney, asajospeh, good points well made. After all, we've won the title without their help really, why would they be offered new contracts?

JGooner

I just want them gone asap. A few decent performances by Kanu this season doesn't excuse the previous three or four years of aimless, ineffectual, show-boating crap he has given us in return for his £40k a week. Watching him come in the last 10 mins to "save" a CL game is one of the most depressing sights in football. Similarly, Wiltord's competent displays on the right wing don't justify the £13m fee, or a further contract, or blocking Bentley and Aliadiere's progress. Just get rid of them and let Henry, Reyes, RvP, etc elevate us to the next level.

dynasty

JGooner said:
I just want them gone asap. A few decent performances by Kanu this season doesn't excuse the previous three or four years of aimless, ineffectual, show-boating crap he has given us in return for his £40k a week. Watching him come in the last 10 mins to "save" a CL game is one of the most depressing sights in football. Similarly, Wiltord's competent displays on the right wing don't justify the £13m fee, or a further contract, or blocking Bentley and Aliadiere's progress. Just get rid of them and let Henry, Reyes, RvP, etc elevate us to the next level.

how do u know rvp,ali and bentley can do better??because there promising??
see thats the thing..Arsène never gave kanu a great chance this year..while wiltord..i always though he was v.good in the ryt....
but remember they are good suqad players...i never hear them complain... and i bet they are willing to take pay cuts to stay....

i just think ali and bentley arnt there yet..a year in the prem..maybe..
so were going with henry,bergkamp..reyes who im a big admirer of..but still hasnt had a great partnership with henry...
i just think next year is such a big year to have only 2 experinced strikers...
it will mean so much if a team can win the league twice in a row...

satan_beckham

think they both will go,its clear from wenger's plan that after signing reyes,kanu have yet to play..now with the signing of van persie,its even more unlikely they will play and i argee their wages are sky high so they would have to go.Reyes and van persie will do fine in taking their places

thegame24

Established Member
To be fair, Kanu was playing well before goin african nations, as was Okocha.

And wiltord was injured for a long time, he scored a few goals before he was injured.

Gunner4life09

i don't think thier piles of sh*t but i think Wenger made i clear that unless they start scoring crazy amounts of goals and suddenly become as good as Henry, by signing Reyes and most recently RVP. with Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes, RVP and Aliadere we have enough quality in that department (with Bently going on loan to get some experience) by the time Bergkamp does retire Bently will be back from loan and ready to go. so really kanu and wiltord are probably 75% or more on their way out of arsenal.

dynasty

how is it all of a sudden...a guy with 1 cap for spain and a dutch under -21 is better than guy who has been in the france for as long as i can remember??
i know they have more potential..but dont make it look like reyes are rvp are world class while wiltord is shiyte!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
No comment on RVP as i don't know a lot about him, but I think Reyes has shown enough in his time on the pitch that if Wiltord goes we won't miss him too much!

mood

I want Wiltord to be there next year. I don't care about Kanu.. I don't think we'll be keeping him anyways. 1 of the two of not both are going to leave. I seriously think it's going to be Kanu who's going to leave.

Bentley is definitely going on loan. I want Aliadiere to go on loan as well so he can improve as a player. Franny has to get the HELL out too.

With Bentley and and Aliadiere on loan, Kanu out, Bergkamp and Wiltord staying..we've got Henry,Bergkamp,Reyes,Wiltord and Van Persie. That's more than enough + Ljungberg and Pires can play as strikers as well.

dynasty

all i want is franny gone..the only real **** up by wenger on the transfer market!!

i just to make it clear i did not say rvp or reyes is ****...i actually cant wait..
but i hate the fact that some fans dont give them the respect which imo they desreve

bellsavage

We've got rid of better players than Kanu and Wiltord and still survived, even got better in some caces. Petit and Overmars for starters and they WERE first team regulars. At least both will leave memories if they do go Kanu flick & turn against the #@?> at ****e H Lane and Wiltord PL at OT.

Expect Freddie to go as well, but we love him we do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom