• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A lot of this Kia influence stuff is rumour and conjecture. We don't know exactly what's been going on. I find it almost impossible to believe the £25m Luiz stuff is correct for example.

Irrespective we need to firmly kick this guy and whatever influence he has / had to the curb, if only for PR. I've no doubt he's as dodgy as hell. If you're going to get into bed with one of these slime ball agents at least make it one of the top ones.
Kia is a guy who constantly is pictured with criminals and shady places, but you cant proof he is actual criminal. Logic tells you its a very shady person though. So yeah technically we cant proof he is shady, but we all know he is slimey as they come. Hell even if you dont know who he is how can you look at his face and not think he is shady?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A lot of this Kia influence stuff is rumour and conjecture. We don't know exactly what's been going on. I find it almost impossible to believe the £25m Luiz stuff is correct for example.

Irrespective we need to firmly kick this guy and whatever influence he has / had to the curb, if only for PR. I've no doubt he's as dodgy as hell. If you're going to get into bed with one of these slime ball agents at least make it one of the top ones.
No you better stay away look at wolves thry not buying any player unless they represent Jorge mendes its ridiculous even they good players they do cost too much and he taking alot of money.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A lot of this Kia influence stuff is rumour and conjecture. We don't know exactly what's been going on. I find it almost impossible to believe the £25m Luiz stuff is correct for example

What’s rumour and conjecture? We’ve signed all his rubbish players and given them big contracts, that’s official. His company even represented Arsenal in the sale of Iwobi.

Even the Luiz story, came from a credible source in Amy Lawrence. Kia threatened to sue her, but the story is still there, tells you everything.

Then he made those weird quotes about the club structure or something likes he’s running the club.

There is no rumour and conjecture, everything is in plain sight and official.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah calling it rumour and conjuncture is a little dismissive and burying your head in the sand a bit.

It’s barefaced. Raul being ushered out mid transfer window as well, we had zero to gain from that practically or from a PR stance.

Edu went to Lyon and got laughed out the building cause he’s amateur so that potentially cost us Aouar as well.

Doesn’t take a genius to put 2 and 2 really.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What’s rumour and conjecture? We’ve signed all his rubbish players and given them big contracts, that’s official. His company even represented Arsenal in the sale of Iwobi.

Even the Luiz story, came from a credible source in Amy Lawrence. Kia threatened to sue her, but the story is still there, tells you everything.

Then he made those weird quotes about the club structure or something likes he’s running the club.

There is no rumour and conjecture, everything is in plain sight and official.

What's rumour and conjecture is the idea that Kia is basically forcing these players on us or running our transfer team. I'm not denying we had a close relationship with him or bought his players.

You may not like them or think they've panned out well, but Luiz and William weren't obscene signings. They are proven high quality Premier League players. Cedric was the weirdest out of the lot I'd say, I don't understand that one at all.

I think Arsenal are largely incompetent when it comes to transfers and I rate Amy Lawrence generally when it comes to Arsenal but I can't believe we payed an overall sum of £24m to renew Luiz's contract for 1 additional year. That's ridiculous. If that happened, which I don't believe, every single person involved in that deal should have been fired on the spot.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
What's rumour and conjecture is the idea that Kia is basically forcing these players on us or running our transfer team. I'm not denying we had a close relationship with him or bought his players.

You may not like them or think they've panned out well, but Luiz and William weren't obscene signings. They are proven high quality Premier League players. Cedric was the weirdest out of the lot I'd say, I don't understand that one at all.
Nobody is saying he is forcing players or running the transfer team though? What’s being said is that him and Raul had a ‘questionable’ relationship.

Luiz and Willian haven’t planned out well either, Luiz has generally been poor, this forum hated hi for most of last season. While Willian has done nothing season, looks old and is tied down here for 3 years. Retirement home signing.

Didn’t we sign Cedric on loan, he got injured and never played, yet we still have him a 4 year deal at his age? That’s massively questionable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
For what it’s worth, I think the Kia influence is over. Willian is probably our last business with him and that only because he was free and we have no money.

We’re stuck with his trash though sadly. Enjoy the next 3/4 years paying wages to washed up players.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Nobody is saying he is forcing players or running the transfer team though? What’s being said is that him and Raul had a ‘questionable’ relationship.

Luiz and Willian haven’t planned out well either, Luiz has generally been poor, this forum hated hi for most of last season. While Willian has done nothing season, looks old and is tied down here for 3 years. Retirement home signing.

Didn’t we sign Cedric on loan, he got injured and never played, yet we still have him a 4 year deal at his age? That’s massively questionable.

The Cedric transfer was very odd. I could totally understand bringing him in on a 6 month loan as we were going through an injury crisis, or even an 18 month deal but a 4 year contract is very suspect to me. That one definitely raises red flags.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Technically he’s not his agent, as he’s not licensed in UK believe it or not. Last I checked unlicensed agents are prohibited from transfers in British football.

So in a weird way, he’s telling the truth. Amazingly.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/05/sportfeatures.westhamunited
He's telling the truth in a very technical manner. The fact is here that he is basically his players' agent but in a way to side step the rules or his ban from being one.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So at what point do we review KIA FC?

Cedric
Mari
Luiz
Willian

Willian has been undeniably shocking but overall are these players as bad as we originally thought expected?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cedric
Mari
Luiz
Willian

Willian has been undeniably shocking but overall are these players as bad as we originally thought expected?
I think with Cedric it is mostly the lengthy contract that is raising eyebrows. Mari has done well, and Luiz has pretty much done what it says on the tin.

We will probably come to regret the three year contract to Will, but surely he can improve upon his performances thus far? The Leicester game offers a glimmer of hope.

All in all though, I don't think this has been a fruitful relationship for the club, and we ought to be more prudent in the future. I suspect the dismissal of Raul is a step in this direction.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
really expected Willian to be better but each of the other trio showing positives

just feels like dead money though... none of them will have any resale value & as a club sitting lower midtable

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Cedric
Mari
Luiz
Willian

I don't think Kia is Mari's agent - his agent is a close friend of Sanllehi.

Which brings me to a different point... I think this issue about agent influence at Arsenal is more to do with Sanllehi than it is Edu-Kia. But that's just my take. I know why others would think otherwise.

Honestly don't know why Luiz gets a free ride on this forum. Wasn't there a stat there he had the most errors leading to goals, most red cards, and gave away most penalties of any defender in the league last season.

Hasn't been better this season.

Willian has been terrible and Cedric and Mari are beyond average. Not a signings a top teams make to push forward. But then again we like to praise the players while we go backward.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Cedric
Mari
Luiz
Willian

They’ve all been poor, no? Willian maybe 2 good performances in 7 months, whilst on a 3 year deal at 32.

Cedric a couple of decent performances in a year? While on a 4 year deal at 30.

Mari a couple of decent performances in a year while 2/3 high profile mistakes and on a multiple year deal.

Luiz, decent at best? While multiple and high profile mistakes in big games - switching off, red cards, penalties etc. He was nearly crying and having a breakdown after the City game last year.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Cedric
Mari
Luiz
Willian

Cedric on a 1-2 year deal I'd have no complaints as a backup. 4 years is far too much. The fact that someone who got released by Southampton is arguably our best current RB is very worrying as well.

Willian on a 1-2 year deal would've been fine by me as well. I think his poor performances this season possibly would've been less commented on if we didn't all know we've got the guy here for 4 years. I'm not going to get carried away on 1 game at Leicester but because of the contract has time to turn it around.

I won't forget some of the great performances Luiz put in for us in the cup run but he and Mari for me aren't good enough for us long term if we really want to improve. Both have shown to be error prone. Easy to argue we don't have 1 top quality centre back at the club as Gabriel isn't the finished article and Holding after a good run has been shaky recently.

Still feel like we're going to be in a Mustafi/Kolasinac/Sokratis situation down the line trying to get rid of these contracts again.

AW49

Luiz is only on rolling 1 year contracts and I think he gets a harsh ride tbh so that’s okay. Errors leading to goals a **** stat. I definitely rate him over Holding. Luiz-Gabriel is our best right now IMO.

Cedric and Mari meh, they are probably on too much money and locked in for too long when you consider they aren’t regularly in any starting 11 that would be top 4 quality. Would rather be allocating these wages and squad spots to cheaper HG players or putting it toward starter level quality RB/CB.

Willian awful. No real explanation needed. Just hope he can give more games like the Leicester one.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Cedric on a 1-2 year deal I'd have no complaints as a backup. 4 years is far too much. The fact that someone who got released by Southampton is arguably our best current RB is very worrying as well.

Willian on a 1-2 year deal would've been fine by me as well. I think his poor performances this season possibly would've been less commented on if we didn't all know we've got the guy here for 4 years. I'm not going to get carried away on 1 game at Leicester but because of the contract has time to turn it around.

I won't forget some of the great performances Luiz put in for us in the cup run but he and Mari for me aren't good enough for us long term if we really want to improve. Both have shown to be error prone. Easy to argue we don't have 1 top quality centre back at the club as Gabriel isn't the finished article and Holding after a good run has been shaky recently.

Still feel like we're going to be in a Mustafi/Kolasinac/Sokratis situation down the line trying to get rid of these contracts again.
Scared me mate, Willian is only around for another 2.5 years. This is a helpful tracker.
https://twitter.com/williancontract?lang=en

Top Bottom